Jergens Natural Glow & Protect Daily Moisturizer with SPF20

Jergens Natural Glow & Protect Daily Moisturizer with SPF20

4.2

on 3/25/2014 4:06:00 PM

This product has been sitting in my closet for a year or so now. My mom gave me an extra bottle she had and I was sure I'd use it and didn't...until now. I had used it before but I don't think on my face. Anyway, this found new life recently as I gave up wearing makeup this year for Lent (the season leading up to Easter). I know, what you're thinking? Is she crazy?! Trust me, I've asked myself that many times during my lifetime, but especially in the last few weeks. ;)

Not that I wear a ton of makeup or anything. I pride myself on being the master of looking like I'm not wearing makeup (but still wearing it - duh!) Anyway, I found this in my closet and thought, why not give this a try? It's got SPF which I'm not prone to wear so I figured it was serving a dual purpose - making me feel not so naked without my makeup while protecting my skin. I hate most foundations but found Revlon Colorstay years ago and have never looked back...until now.

Well, as I've said in all my reviews, I have UBER sensitive skin. I mean like everything and anything cause breakouts. I used proactive once and got hives - yikes! Anyway, I've been using this and it's awesome! It totally looks like I got some sun naturally (impossible right now where I live) but still feels good. It doesn't make me a total grease ball which I was worried about. It just gives me a little bit of color and I'm not sure I'll even go back to foundation again. This is enough to make me feel confident and make my skin look great! Good luck!

on 5/9/2013 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wow! I never write reviews but had to on this product. I have spent years trying to find a self tanner that doesn't stink horribly. I'm also pretty fair so I also wanted a product that didn't look orange and streaky. I'm happy to say that I am completely 100% in love with this product! I had a trip to San Diego planned and started using this a few days before. The color was beautiful (light to medium) and it really doesn't stink like they claim in their marketing. Double points for actually doing what they says it's supposed to do. I will definitely be buying this over and over again this summer.

on 3/26/2013 12:24:00 AM

This stuff is great! Since I'm a guy I've always been reluctant to try any self-tanning products/spray tans because I don't want it to be known that I'm using such products. I decided to give this stuff a try after reading reviews on here. Well, it really works! The price is great and it's easy to find it at the store up the street. It's definitely a tan and not an orange color that you get and it's amazing how quickly you get color! The smell isn't the best and a little chemically, but I can get over that. I will continue to buy this stuff.

Wow, I love this product! This new formula with SPF is leaps and bounds better than their previous non-SPF version. It has SPF 20, a really smooth consistency, comes out of the tube easily, has a barely-noticeable self-tanner smell (yes!!!), rubs in easily, and dries quickly.

What's the word that means the opposite of a perfectionist? Because that's me when it comes to applying lotion and self-tanner--I just want to get it over with. This product hasn't turned out streaky or blotchy at all on me, and that's saying something. I do think the color is a tad orange, but perhaps that's because I used the one for medium to tan skin tones, and I'm relatively fair. Despite that, I will continue to use this since it feels good going on, doesn't irritate my skin, and makes me look sun-kissed.

The tube I bought was $12 at Target, and came with a free mini tube of the new self-tanner + SPF for face, which I also love (provides SPF 20, non-greasy moisture, evens skin tone, and doesn't cause me breakouts). Way to go Jergens!

on 7/23/2012 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this stuff! I was looking for something that would make my complexion look more healthy. I had previously used Neostrata sunless tanner but I didn't like it on my face. This is exactly what I was looking for. It has an SPF, which is an added bonus, it isn't greasy or heavy at all and it gives a gradual, natural-looking glow. I use this as my daily moisurizer in order to maintain my colour. This never looks orange or fake on my skin and I have used it day and night in the past. I imagine it would be very difficult to mess this up.

on 7/21/2012 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is the best self-tanner I've ever tried. It's so easy and I never get streaks. I actually don't mind the smell of this product at all. I really wanna try the one for the face now!

on 5/28/2012 12:33:00 PM

I've used them all from Clarins, Lancome, Lorac (which I still love "TANtalizer") but........BUT....this works the best, it is so not streaky, just a very smooth tan coming out of this bottle. I will buy many more bottles & forget Mystic Tan....which is always orange on me.

Jergens really prfected this stuff!!

on 5/5/2012 12:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

FINALLY! a tanner for those of us who hate to take the time to make sure the cream is VERY even to prevent streaks and who cannot put on a second coat without streaking.

I had avoided the "daily" gradual tan products figuring they'd not work well---swapped for Nevia's(sp) and liked the results, but not the coffee smell. Tried jergens' NO smell, love that. Then it does give good moisture which I need since I am a swimmer.

But the gradual color is fantastic. Even colors my hands, top of my feet, elbows, ankles and knees without extra stain! I'm in LOVE. I do remember to wash the palms of my hands (not the top) to make sure that area stays ok, but the rest is wonderful.

Add in that it has SPF 20 and I use on my face and neck to protect me when gardening. At 10 bucks it's not Cheap, but I've gotten a bunch of uses and still have half a tube left.

Give it a shot, it's worth it!

on 4/23/2012 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've been a fan of the original natural glow (medium to medium-tan) for about 5 years now and when I went to buy another bottle I noticed this version so I picked it up. It works exactly the same as the original formula just with a added spf20. Finally one with spf for the body! That was always one of my main concerns before. Not a problem anymore:) The scent is different and I actully prefer it over the original scent. The scent does fade after a few hours and the smell of self tanner becomes more present but not overlly poweful. Performance, like I said, is the same. After about a week of daily use you will be able to see a difference. This stuff is perfect for maintaining my tan in between beach/pool visits. Love this stuff, will buy over and over!

clean smell, gradual color, goes on well and dries non tacky. spf defintiely a huge plus.
ive tried other pricier brands and they always seem to clog pores, causing blackheads and milia :-( this does not.
i am very fair skinned freckly asian mix and this evens me out and offer some protection to boot.
would recommend and will buy over and over again.