Jergens Natural Glow & Protect Daily Moisturizer with SPF20

Jergens Natural Glow & Protect Daily Moisturizer with SPF20

4.2

Let me first start out by saying I would not wish this reaction that I have experienced to my face on my worst enemy. I was in bliss the first week when using this product. A self tanner plus spf is a dream come true! It did not take long until I started to get little break outs that eventually turned into cystic scaring welts on my face. I have thrown this product in the trash and am waiting patiently for my face to heal. Buyer beware if you are prone to acne.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I tried this because it was being marketed as the first, inexpensive ODOR FREE self tanner. The one thing I've always hated about self tanner is the smell of the chemicals after the three hour processing time. I know of some extremely high end brands that claim to have been able to add ingredients that counteract the smell of the DHA chemical that is used to color your skin. But they're pricey! So when Jergens claimed to have done the same thing for ten dollars or less, I was taken with the idea.I should have known though...

While the color building of the light/medium shade I tried is splendid, this product IS NOT ODOR FREE. After three hours, the scent of DHA is still on your skin, its just not as overpowering as most tanners can be. To me ODOR FREE means I should smell nothing but either the fragrance of the lotion I applied or just my natural skin. That isn't the case here. What's also somewhat concerning is, even after three hours of processing on my skin, anything that comes into contact with me, such as clothing or perhaps a blanket, also takes on the scent of the DHA, and while there are no stains....one can still smell the chemical. Does that sound ODOR FREE to you?

While I appreciate the consistency of this product after application, I dont appreciate the fact that they've put on every bottle of this that it's odor free. It isn't, however they have managed to REDUCE rather than elminate, the smell of selfless tanner. But dont get your hopes up on the misleading label...

on 3/13/2013 4:28:00 PM

The new lotion claims to be odor free. NOT TRUE. I have been smelling that same tell-tell self tanner smell all day.

clean smell, gradual color, goes on well and dries non tacky. spf defintiely a huge plus.
ive tried other pricier brands and they always seem to clog pores, causing blackheads and milia :-( this does not.
i am very fair skinned freckly asian mix and this evens me out and offer some protection to boot.
would recommend and will buy over and over again.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've always loved this stuff! clearly, when you're still at the store you can open it and determine before you buy it that the new ones are not scent-free..... but who cares, it's worth it. I'm excited to use this one w/ SPF!

I really love this stuff. I love gradual self tanners like these because they are hard to mess up and usually don't streak.

This one does build color that is very natural looking---for me, it reaches its peak in about 4 days (this is the "fair to medium shade") and then I can continue to maintain it.

It does have SPF 20 in it, which means that I will only use it during the day. Maybe it'll help me become more vigilant about using sunscreen on my body since I usually just use SPF on my face. What I don't like though is that the sunscreen in here is chemical oxybenzone. I guess it has to be one like that, because if you put a physical block sunscreen it wouldn't work with a self tanner...

As for the smell---it claims no odor. It uses a disguised fragrance which actually is ok going on. After a while, you do smell some self tanner smell. But it's really much IMPROVED from anything I've used in the past. So it is getting better. I really feel like I can wear this on a daily basis and it's very minimal unless I was using a whole ton. It used to be that I could only wear self tanner at night and then I'd be wanting to wash my sheets daily because that self tanner odor would linger.

Other pros---it really does go on like a nice lotion.

Really recommend for a pretty color, SPF, and you get a good quantity even if the price is a bit high.

on 6/16/2013 4:47:00 PM

I was very eager to try this because of everything I had read about it having no "self-tanner odor". Smelled it in the tube and, nope, no "tanner odor". However, after it was applied, the odor showed up, and is still there, hours later. I like the way it goes on (like a body lotion), had no streaks, and the color showed up within a few hours. I'd like it better if it were in a pump bottle, instead of tube, but that's not as much a negative to me as the odor. I'm going to keep looking for one without that "tanner smell", but if I can't find one, I would buy the Jergens Natural Glow again.

on 3/3/2013 10:23:00 PM

LOVE SO FAR! I bought this product a few days ago. I heard some really great reviews on it and one of the biggest selling points for me was the fact that it stated "great color WITHOUT ODOR" right on the front. If theres anything that annoys me to no end, its smelling like some nasty chemicals after I apply a self tanner.

FIRST I want to start by saying that I am PALE. Like pasty, paper-white, almost albino looking kind of pale. Thankfully in the summer I get some color. When I first applied this after my shower in the morning, there was no difference. The lotion itself is white and thus did not change my white skin right away. As the day went on a definitely saw a little bit of color starting to creep up. Which was good, but not great. I want noticeable tan. So before bed, I decided to put some more on. And within a few minutes, I swear, I got darker.

As for the smell. When i first smelled it out of the tube, it smelled florally. It had the SLIGHTEST hint of that self tanner smell, understandable. I didn't expect this product to completely avoid that. But I was satisfied that I didn't smell disgusting. BUT as the day went on, it got worse. Which is why I didn't give this product an outstanding rating. The smell wasnt unbearable, but it was there, and I knew it. Not sure if anyone else around me knew it though.

All in all, I've used this product all over my body and even my face, and I don't look like a piece of paper anymore. And the smell is much more discreet than any other product I've tried. Mission accomplished.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I found this product to be VERY DIFFERENT from the regular Jergens gradual tanning moisturizer. That said, I LOVE this gradual tanner + protect, and don't care much for the other.

I don't tan at all during the summer (I wear sunscreen almost all the time) and so I depend on self tanner to convert my fair skin to sunkissed bronze. I spotted this product in CVS, and the concept of a self tanner and sun protection in one prompted me to buy a bottle of medium/tan for $9.99.

That was $9.99 well spent. I was shocked to discover using this product resulted in an immediate tan that's far superior to the regular gradual tanner. I slathered it on in the morning before heading out, and by afternoon, my skin was sun-kissed and looked like I'd been lying in the sun for a week. I thought I was hallucinating at first! Luckily, I didn't have any streaks, even though I hadn't been at all careful in my application; the tan wasn't drastic enough for that, but I did have some stains on my hands. After applying every day, by the third day I was as dark as I'd ever want to be, and not at all orange. Not bad! Soooo much better than I expected. When I bought the bottle, I was kicking myself for giving into a gimmick. But now I'm rather glad I tried it.

The smell doesn't bother me; in fact, I rather like it. To my nose, it's very florally, which provides a nice reprieve from incessantly coconut flavored tanners. It's quite strong, though, so after a few bottles, I may grow disgusted with it. We'll see.

Now for the cons, of which there are only two. I really really really wished this provided higher sun protection (of course) and it would be wonderful if it employed the use of Titanium Dioxide or Zinc Oxide) as I prefer to use physical sunblockers, and I use only physical sunblockers on my face (CVS and Equate brands Zinc Oxide SPF 50). I deducted a lippie for the sun protection issues I just mentioned, although I'm not sure that's fair, as this is the first product of its kind I've come across and the tanner works so well.

After a week, it does begin to get blotchy and gross, but what tanner doesn't? Skin exfoliates, after all. That's what my scrub and vaseline cocoa butter are for. The good news is, with this tanner, I have a nice glow within eight hours, so the fact that I have to exfoliate every week and a half and start over is no biggie :)

If you're on the fence about this product, give it a try, especially since so many stores have such great return policies (don't abuse, of course) you've got nothing to lose.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This kind of worries me. I put it on my wrist so that no one could see my veins (i'm pale) and after 1 small apply my wrists/arm are this yellowish tan color. It isn't washing off. Does it fade or go away??? I need to know if it'll go bck to my normal skin soon or if it will fade/go on unevenly. I didn't know that this was an actual tanner I thought it was just like a tinted moisturizer.