Suave Waterless foam shampoo

Suave Waterless foam shampoo

2.7

Price: $

Price: $

I really wish there weren't so many unintentional bad reviews of this. There's two main types of a dry shampoo. The powder style is used to literally absorb and hide away greasy hair. That one is a fine option as well. However, I much prefer the foam style. I have long hair and when I'm having to go a day without shampooing, I like applying a "micellar" foam on my scalp, following up with absorbing d wiping off the grease with the actual product onto the towel.

I think the labeling was mostly why people weren't getting good results with this . It's imperative to wipe out the scalp area with a towel for it to work. It is more of a refresher. I have long hair and after some mild perspiration, It feels so much better to use the foam method, which in my opinion cleanses better. I love this blend so much, it has useful ingredients like lavender EO, and the formula is nice and simple.

What I wish would happen is that suave and others would bring this type of product back, yet with a much different description and emphasis on the 'micellar' action of how it's supposed to work. That way, there are the best of both for different hair types/lengths and diff preferences etc.

I'm continuing to buy these on amz/ebay. Also, if unfamiliar with micellar water/solutions, google about them because I feel like this has so much potential considering micellar cleansing is all the rage right now.

Im writing this just in case it helps anybody, and to spread the word possibly so maybe the manufacturers would get the idea. The only other foam non rinse (aside from bedside uses) is for pets! Please bring this back !!! It's micellar cleansing for hair and scalp!!!!

on 3/3/2015 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought one of these from the 99 cent store because it was cheap, but went back to buy five more. I have curly hair that gets real dry the second day after I wash it. This made it really soft and kept the frizz away. I can see why people who don't have my type of hair would say that it made their hair greasy looking/feeling though. I just love it for my type of hair though..
I really like the smell too.

on 11/18/2014 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

UGH. I hate this stuff. It does nothing to sap the oil from my hair and just makes it limp. I love dry shampoo but unfortunately this stuff just isn't working for me.

on 1/3/2013 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have short wavy/curly hair and this product was a LIFESAVER. I've been trying to find a product that will revive my curls on the second day after a wash for the longest time, and I found with the the waterless mousse. I scrunch it into my curls when I wake up(DON'T run your fingers through them.), and the curl pattern comes right back! My only qualm is that it can make the curls hard, and so I usually just end up rolling those out with my fingers, but it ends up looking great, sometimes even better than the first day. Hope this helps!

on 12/25/2012 10:57:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I'm impressed with this dry shampoo. I have long straight hair down to the short ribs that I keep colored and cut in long layers. I also style my hair daily. I used this dry shampoo the day after a party hair style that involved a lot of hair spray. I used 3 1/2 pumps as opposed to the recommended 1-2 pumps. I brushed my hair after 5 minutes. The results were alright. It took the last of the style out and didn't leave my hair oily or sticky. I also didn't have fly aways or flat hair. What it didn't do is take out the hair spray but I didn't really expect it to. So if you use a lot of product in your hair you'll notice it even after using this. So in short, this did what I wanted it to. It took the style out of my hair, left it looking clean enough and didn't dry my hair out or leave it looking greasy. Plus being a Suave product, the price was good.

on 9/18/2012 11:32:00 AM

Zero stars! Smells nice, but absolutely useless. Just made my hair wet and slimey.

on 9/5/2012 12:52:00 PM

Doesnt work :/

It smells really good but it did nothing to my hair. I tried it out and patted it dry with a towell and then brushed through it.

and nothing... other than definitely leaving a heavy residue/ greasy feel

I have been looking for a dry shampoo for my relaxed, colored hair forever. This is the first one that's actually worked for me. All of the other dry shampoos I have tried leave my hair looking dry or with powder residue that never goes away. This is the first "dry" shampoo that's left my hair fresh without looking dry. I love it! I really hope they don't discontinue it.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I only tried this once, but it's going back to the store. Other than smelling nice, it didn't do a thing to my hair (as the other reviewers said, it actually might have made it more greasy). I'll exchange it for their dry shampoo spray. Oh well, I tried!

on 5/7/2012 8:47:00 PM

Instead of absorbing oil this just made me look extremely oily. Very shiny when applied to hair. Perhaps I used too much but it should really then have the opposite effect.