Laura Mercier Healthy Lips Sheer lipstick

Filtered by hair type : Straight
No Image

3.8

on 4/25/2013 2:30:00 PM

This lipstick is a little on the pricey side which i dont usually go for
But its such a nice lipstick, very pigmented and long lasting
Almost shimmery but not the kind of shimmer that looks like you have glitter on your lips-more of just a sheen look
Very silky and feels great on the lips

on 2/5/2012 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

For ref: nc15/20ish leaning neutral, dark hair & eyes. First off, I don't like heavy opaque lipsticks and prefer sheer, natural-looking lippies such as Clinique Black Honey and this fits the bill. I generally can't wear cool-toned colors but this works for me and ends up being a medium neutral rose color, not red. When I first swipe it on it looks too bright/fuschia, however when I blot it down with my fingers my natural lip color comes through a bit and it magically transforms into a flattering ylbb stain (that lasts at least 4 hrs on me). The lip sheers are unique in that they make your lips look smooth and full without a heavy gloss-like finish. I'm pretty sensitive to fragrance but I don't smell anything. Can't wait to try the Bare lips and Tender lips. I bought this @ the Sephora b&m store but online they don't offer this color.

on 9/8/2010 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This poor lipstick gets no love, but I am here to throw some adoration its way. I always test a new lipstick color on a face with no makeup. If it's face and eye brightening, it's a keeper, and Healthy Lips does just that. It works very well on my pigmented, medium-rosy, cool lips and settles down as a mid-toned rose with a hint of red--what I had hoped Laura Mercier's 'Mistress' would be like, which was slightly too warm. for me. I see no brown or beige in Healthy Lips. To be sure, this is a cool lipstick, and I can see how it might turn fuchsia on some lips that have a lot of blue in them. Surprisingly, it does not turn fuchsia on my bluish lips (like Julie Hewett's gorgeous 'Lulu' does).

The texture is not exactly a sheer lipstick, as advertised, but it is smooth and non drying--and I make my lipsticks work hard. (I wear them as lip balm). When it fades, it leaves behind a lovely stain, so often I just pop a bit of balm or gloss on top when I want to add moisture back to my lips, such as after eating.

on 10/18/2009 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

The one lipstick I always return to. Works both days at work or for the evening. I first put on a lipbalm (Bepanthen works wonders) and this one. Wow! Makes my lips smooth and natural looking, like my lips but better. I really like the smell! Perfect color, suits my olive skin.

on 12/13/2007 2:06:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

THİS is a horrible lipstick. İ only like the colour but the quality is worst. Or the lipstick that İ ordered from web is old, İ dont know. İt smells terrible like old oil, and its not smooth, İ have to press it on my lips to get it there. and it dried out my lips. Terrible product. İ've never seen and used such bad product. İ have to throw it away. 20.-usd gone.
İ want a sheer smooth lipstick, that looks natural like healthy lips, but this isnt it. İ am warning you: dont buy these lipsticks.
But İ will try the stickgloss from this brand. Lot of members write this smell thing about the lipsticks but they like the stickglosses.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I actually found this quite heavy for a "sheer" product. Having said that, however, Healthy Lips is a fabulous colour on my pigmented, cool-toned lips. It goes on a medium-deep pinkish red - not at all fuschia - and really brightens up my face while still looking a really natural shade. It lasts extremely well and doesn't bleed over the lipline, but I would have preferred slighly more shine and a lighter feel to the lipstick.

on 1/26/2006 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Healthy Lips looks too red visually. But when applied, gives that right shade of sheer red for a sweet geisha look--the red for people who can't wear red! It's almost just a stain when applied so don't be fooled by the pigment! It applies sheer, almost lip-balmy in feel. But if you wanna up the intensity and go full on, you can if you apply more! A little goes a long way. I took off one lippie for the smell-- a bit plasticky like most LM lipsticks are. Thumbs up for the super natural texture of its formula. I'd compare it with Maybelline's Dragonfly Red but a tad less glossy.

on 6/2/2004 9:56:00 PM

The SA convinced me to buy this because she claimed it was Julia Roberts' fave lipstick. Since I bought it a couple of years ago I have read quite a bit about in magazines that make out it's a universally flattering colour, which is isn't. In the store the colour looked quite nice on me. However, when I got home and put it on myself I wasn't as impressed. I do agree with many of the other reviewers that it does have too much pink in it to be claiming to be 'healthy'. I don't find it particularly drying to my lips and the smell/taste doesn't bother me but for the price I won't be buying this again. I only use this to lightly stain my lips when I'm using a lipgloss over the top of it that's quite pale. The two colours then balance out to look quite nice.