Laura Mercier Healthy Lips Sheer lipstick

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
No Image

3.7

on 4/25/2013 2:30:00 PM

This lipstick is a little on the pricey side which i dont usually go for
But its such a nice lipstick, very pigmented and long lasting
Almost shimmery but not the kind of shimmer that looks like you have glitter on your lips-more of just a sheen look
Very silky and feels great on the lips

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was disappointed because it looks so pretty in the tube, but it also turned an insane NEON fuschia color on me (NC20). It was an impulse buy - I should've checked MUA first!

on 2/5/2012 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

For ref: nc15/20ish leaning neutral, dark hair & eyes. First off, I don't like heavy opaque lipsticks and prefer sheer, natural-looking lippies such as Clinique Black Honey and this fits the bill. I generally can't wear cool-toned colors but this works for me and ends up being a medium neutral rose color, not red. When I first swipe it on it looks too bright/fuschia, however when I blot it down with my fingers my natural lip color comes through a bit and it magically transforms into a flattering ylbb stain (that lasts at least 4 hrs on me). The lip sheers are unique in that they make your lips look smooth and full without a heavy gloss-like finish. I'm pretty sensitive to fragrance but I don't smell anything. Can't wait to try the Bare lips and Tender lips. I bought this @ the Sephora b&m store but online they don't offer this color.

on 5/31/2009 5:00:00 PM

I love his lippie purely based on the color. The pros: color is beautiful soft red and completely flattering for my coloring - fair-med skin w/peach undertones, dark brown hair and eyes, pale lips. I wear this frequently purely for the color. It totally is mlbb and healthy lips color. Does add a bit of brightness too, its on the brighter red side but very soft. Cons: Drying, not sheer, not great staying power. Need to have nice exfoliated lips or the dry nature of this stuff accentuates any flaking.

on 5/14/2003 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I'm obviously in the minority, because I really like this colour!

"Healthy Lips" is a complete misnomer, because this is a RED lipstick! On me (red hair, hazel eyes, yellow-toned complexion) it's a pinky red that really flatters.

I have no problems with the smell and I really like the texture. I'm on my second tube and I'll keep buying it.

I also like LM's Tender Lips and Sexy Lips.

on 11/17/2002 12:56:00 AM

This may be the red for people who can't wear red.But I haven't repurchased. It's just a bit too dark for my liking. I prefer Baby Lips.(Long-lasting if a bit dry).