Laura Mercier Healthy Lips Sheer lipstick

Filtered by skin type : Normal
No Image

3.5

I'm a lipstick addict and THIS is my HG color. I love, love, love this shade - it is always perfect, as is the texture. It is a "bright" that is also quite natural and wearable. LOVE IT!

on 8/22/2014 4:48:00 PM

This is so pretty. At this point in my life I have had to forgo anything that is brownish or dark for colors that brighten like coral, peach and pink. I look for lipstick that imparts color but is sheer and comfortable. This one is just perfect. I wear it in a thin layer with balm under and on top and I just simply feel good about how it looks. I can't comment on longevity of wear because I have never, ever found anything that stays on my lips probably because of how little I tend to use at any one time and the balm I apply before and after. So based on a thin application of this color topped with balm I rate it very high. I am fair, blue-eyed, and have medium brown hair.

on 9/8/2010 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This poor lipstick gets no love, but I am here to throw some adoration its way. I always test a new lipstick color on a face with no makeup. If it's face and eye brightening, it's a keeper, and Healthy Lips does just that. It works very well on my pigmented, medium-rosy, cool lips and settles down as a mid-toned rose with a hint of red--what I had hoped Laura Mercier's 'Mistress' would be like, which was slightly too warm. for me. I see no brown or beige in Healthy Lips. To be sure, this is a cool lipstick, and I can see how it might turn fuchsia on some lips that have a lot of blue in them. Surprisingly, it does not turn fuchsia on my bluish lips (like Julie Hewett's gorgeous 'Lulu' does).

The texture is not exactly a sheer lipstick, as advertised, but it is smooth and non drying--and I make my lipsticks work hard. (I wear them as lip balm). When it fades, it leaves behind a lovely stain, so often I just pop a bit of balm or gloss on top when I want to add moisture back to my lips, such as after eating.

on 6/3/2009 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Caused my lips to flake. All of the "healthy lips" (baby lip, healthy lip, all of these colors) caused a rash on my lips. The Stickgloss also caused the same reaction so don't buy it. The "Creme" lipsticks are a dream and no reaction.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This lipstick was an impulse buy for me last night at Nordstrom, but I love it! I put applied it this morning at work and then forgot I had it on. When I went to the bathroom a few hours later, I thought, "Wow, my lips look good...!" Then I realized it was my new lippie. :)

Gives my olive complexion a heathly, natural lift! My lips are naturally slightly pink, and this doesn't look fuschia at all--more sheer red with a tinge of pink. I recommend!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I actually found this quite heavy for a "sheer" product. Having said that, however, Healthy Lips is a fabulous colour on my pigmented, cool-toned lips. It goes on a medium-deep pinkish red - not at all fuschia - and really brightens up my face while still looking a really natural shade. It lasts extremely well and doesn't bleed over the lipline, but I would have preferred slighly more shine and a lighter feel to the lipstick.

on 9/2/2007 10:17:00 PM

I guess this one isn't for everyone! For me, it is the perfect red. I have light olive toned skin with pigmented lips, dark hair, and dark brown eyes. My sister saw this on me and said "Oh my God, that's the best red lipstick I've ever seen." Looks great on her, too. Doesn't turn fuschia on me, just stays the perfect RED. I've already been through 3 tubes and am nearly ready for number 4.

Bluck!! it had an awful taste and made me look (and feel) ill