Laura Mercier Healthy Lips Sheer lipstick

Filtered by skin type : Dry
No Image

2.8

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was disappointed because it looks so pretty in the tube, but it also turned an insane NEON fuschia color on me (NC20). It was an impulse buy - I should've checked MUA first!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am surprised that Health Lips has such a low rating. I usually buy this lipstick 2 at a time - I have them in my kitchen drawer, my purse, in my makeup cabinet, in my work bag. It's such a flattering, natural colour and the texture is very moisturising. Yes, the colour doesn't last and needs to be reapplied often but that's the only negative thing I can say about this lippy.

on 8/28/2009 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This color is purplish, fuschia on me. I have light olive skin with yellow under tones which takes warm colors very well. Since this turn "dead" on me, I would say it sure is a cool color. Texture is not at all like the other sheer LM lipsticks, this one even though is sheer, feels kind of heavy. I could feel it dragging across my lips upon application, not the smooth slide that I would expect from this LM line of stick glosses. Drying on the lips too. And it's not shimmery or glossy looking. What a waste of money, since I love the other sheer LM lipsticks (also have Poppy, Baked Earth, Pomegranate, Rosewater and Tender Lips). But I've discovered that if I apply the LM Rosewater on top after applying this, the end result is really nice. Rosewater is a creamier, shinier shimmery pale light pink, so it came out pinkish dark rose with some subtle shimmer. Takes out the drying feel of the Sheer Healthy Lips too. So if you have this colour and you are disappointed with it like the other reviewers, and you also have the Rosewater (which is also great for days when I go for heavy, smoky eyes), try using the Rosewater on top of this. Not bad at all.

on 12/4/2005 2:45:00 PM

I am yet another person who just "had" to have this lipstick and, needleess to say, it is already on it's way back for a refund. I've read about this for quite some time and, most recently, saw Sara Jessica Parker wearing it on the cover of In Style. It looked fabulous on her. I ordered it from Amazon.com and it was $20, but I did get free shipping. It arrived quickly and I could not wait to try it on. The color in the tube looked pretty dark, but when I put it on, oh my gosh. What a horrible color. If you've ever seen a "violet red" or "red violet" Crayola crayon, that is what it looks like. It was a very bright shade of fushia pink. I tried to mute it some with a nude color and event tried a gloss, but I quickly determined that I would never wear it again. One thing that is amazing to me is the texture is aweful! It is not moisturizing in the least. It did not go on smoothly and it made my lips feel very dry. I'm giving it 2 lippies because the packaging was nice and there was a full money back guarantee. I would have given it a third lippie if the texture had been nice and it was just not my color, but the quality just wasn't worth $20 for me even if I did love the shade. Wet and Wild lipstick is better than this.