Laura Mercier Healthy Lips Sheer lipstick

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
No Image

3.7

I'm a lipstick addict and THIS is my HG color. I love, love, love this shade - it is always perfect, as is the texture. It is a "bright" that is also quite natural and wearable. LOVE IT!

on 8/22/2014 4:48:00 PM

This is so pretty. At this point in my life I have had to forgo anything that is brownish or dark for colors that brighten like coral, peach and pink. I look for lipstick that imparts color but is sheer and comfortable. This one is just perfect. I wear it in a thin layer with balm under and on top and I just simply feel good about how it looks. I can't comment on longevity of wear because I have never, ever found anything that stays on my lips probably because of how little I tend to use at any one time and the balm I apply before and after. So based on a thin application of this color topped with balm I rate it very high. I am fair, blue-eyed, and have medium brown hair.

on 9/8/2010 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This poor lipstick gets no love, but I am here to throw some adoration its way. I always test a new lipstick color on a face with no makeup. If it's face and eye brightening, it's a keeper, and Healthy Lips does just that. It works very well on my pigmented, medium-rosy, cool lips and settles down as a mid-toned rose with a hint of red--what I had hoped Laura Mercier's 'Mistress' would be like, which was slightly too warm. for me. I see no brown or beige in Healthy Lips. To be sure, this is a cool lipstick, and I can see how it might turn fuchsia on some lips that have a lot of blue in them. Surprisingly, it does not turn fuchsia on my bluish lips (like Julie Hewett's gorgeous 'Lulu' does).

The texture is not exactly a sheer lipstick, as advertised, but it is smooth and non drying--and I make my lipsticks work hard. (I wear them as lip balm). When it fades, it leaves behind a lovely stain, so often I just pop a bit of balm or gloss on top when I want to add moisture back to my lips, such as after eating.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am surprised that Health Lips has such a low rating. I usually buy this lipstick 2 at a time - I have them in my kitchen drawer, my purse, in my makeup cabinet, in my work bag. It's such a flattering, natural colour and the texture is very moisturising. Yes, the colour doesn't last and needs to be reapplied often but that's the only negative thing I can say about this lippy.

on 9/2/2007 10:17:00 PM

I guess this one isn't for everyone! For me, it is the perfect red. I have light olive toned skin with pigmented lips, dark hair, and dark brown eyes. My sister saw this on me and said "Oh my God, that's the best red lipstick I've ever seen." Looks great on her, too. Doesn't turn fuschia on me, just stays the perfect RED. I've already been through 3 tubes and am nearly ready for number 4.

on 8/3/2007 1:12:00 PM

Healthy Lips is currently one of my favorite lipsticks. It's deep red-rose in the tube, but since it's sheer it isn't as deep on the lips. I have quite a bit of pink to my lips naturally, but amazingly enough it doesn't turn fuchsia. It really gives my lips a rosy, healthy look. It obviously doesn't give that look to everyone, so I guess testing it would be a good idea. I love the texture. It's soft and smooth, and so feels comfortable on the lips, yet it wears very well too. That surprised me. Usually, sheer lipsticks wear off easily and anything long-wearing can dry out my lips. Healthy Lips doesn't do that to me. The lipstick also feels light on my lips, like I have nothing on. I just get a stain of rosy, sheer color. So pretty. What is not so pretty, however, is the scent. Yep, this one has the typical LM "old lady" lipstick scent. I don't like it, but I find it tolerable. Packaging is kind of clunky too. For a lipstick so pretty and such good quality though, I can live with these two drawbacks. ;)

on 12/4/2005 2:45:00 PM

I am yet another person who just "had" to have this lipstick and, needleess to say, it is already on it's way back for a refund. I've read about this for quite some time and, most recently, saw Sara Jessica Parker wearing it on the cover of In Style. It looked fabulous on her. I ordered it from Amazon.com and it was $20, but I did get free shipping. It arrived quickly and I could not wait to try it on. The color in the tube looked pretty dark, but when I put it on, oh my gosh. What a horrible color. If you've ever seen a "violet red" or "red violet" Crayola crayon, that is what it looks like. It was a very bright shade of fushia pink. I tried to mute it some with a nude color and event tried a gloss, but I quickly determined that I would never wear it again. One thing that is amazing to me is the texture is aweful! It is not moisturizing in the least. It did not go on smoothly and it made my lips feel very dry. I'm giving it 2 lippies because the packaging was nice and there was a full money back guarantee. I would have given it a third lippie if the texture had been nice and it was just not my color, but the quality just wasn't worth $20 for me even if I did love the shade. Wet and Wild lipstick is better than this.

on 6/2/2004 9:56:00 PM

The SA convinced me to buy this because she claimed it was Julia Roberts' fave lipstick. Since I bought it a couple of years ago I have read quite a bit about in magazines that make out it's a universally flattering colour, which is isn't. In the store the colour looked quite nice on me. However, when I got home and put it on myself I wasn't as impressed. I do agree with many of the other reviewers that it does have too much pink in it to be claiming to be 'healthy'. I don't find it particularly drying to my lips and the smell/taste doesn't bother me but for the price I won't be buying this again. I only use this to lightly stain my lips when I'm using a lipgloss over the top of it that's quite pale. The two colours then balance out to look quite nice.

on 1/16/2003 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Turned fuschia on me. Would probably look great on someone with some color in their face unlike my pasty self.

on 1/13/2002 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

It didn't look like "healthy lips" - it looked like "screaming fuschia lips" on my very fair complected face. How disappointing.