Laura Mercier Healthy Lips Sheer lipstick

Filtered by age: 44-55
No Image

4.3

I'm a lipstick addict and THIS is my HG color. I love, love, love this shade - it is always perfect, as is the texture. It is a "bright" that is also quite natural and wearable. LOVE IT!

on 8/22/2014 4:48:00 PM

This is so pretty. At this point in my life I have had to forgo anything that is brownish or dark for colors that brighten like coral, peach and pink. I look for lipstick that imparts color but is sheer and comfortable. This one is just perfect. I wear it in a thin layer with balm under and on top and I just simply feel good about how it looks. I can't comment on longevity of wear because I have never, ever found anything that stays on my lips probably because of how little I tend to use at any one time and the balm I apply before and after. So based on a thin application of this color topped with balm I rate it very high. I am fair, blue-eyed, and have medium brown hair.

on 2/5/2012 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

For ref: nc15/20ish leaning neutral, dark hair & eyes. First off, I don't like heavy opaque lipsticks and prefer sheer, natural-looking lippies such as Clinique Black Honey and this fits the bill. I generally can't wear cool-toned colors but this works for me and ends up being a medium neutral rose color, not red. When I first swipe it on it looks too bright/fuschia, however when I blot it down with my fingers my natural lip color comes through a bit and it magically transforms into a flattering ylbb stain (that lasts at least 4 hrs on me). The lip sheers are unique in that they make your lips look smooth and full without a heavy gloss-like finish. I'm pretty sensitive to fragrance but I don't smell anything. Can't wait to try the Bare lips and Tender lips. I bought this @ the Sephora b&m store but online they don't offer this color.

on 9/8/2010 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This poor lipstick gets no love, but I am here to throw some adoration its way. I always test a new lipstick color on a face with no makeup. If it's face and eye brightening, it's a keeper, and Healthy Lips does just that. It works very well on my pigmented, medium-rosy, cool lips and settles down as a mid-toned rose with a hint of red--what I had hoped Laura Mercier's 'Mistress' would be like, which was slightly too warm. for me. I see no brown or beige in Healthy Lips. To be sure, this is a cool lipstick, and I can see how it might turn fuchsia on some lips that have a lot of blue in them. Surprisingly, it does not turn fuchsia on my bluish lips (like Julie Hewett's gorgeous 'Lulu' does).

The texture is not exactly a sheer lipstick, as advertised, but it is smooth and non drying--and I make my lipsticks work hard. (I wear them as lip balm). When it fades, it leaves behind a lovely stain, so often I just pop a bit of balm or gloss on top when I want to add moisture back to my lips, such as after eating.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am surprised that Health Lips has such a low rating. I usually buy this lipstick 2 at a time - I have them in my kitchen drawer, my purse, in my makeup cabinet, in my work bag. It's such a flattering, natural colour and the texture is very moisturising. Yes, the colour doesn't last and needs to be reapplied often but that's the only negative thing I can say about this lippy.

on 1/16/2003 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Turned fuschia on me. Would probably look great on someone with some color in their face unlike my pasty self.