Laura Mercier Healthy Lips Sheer lipstick

No Image

3.1

on 1/1/2015 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this. I'm an nc30 and it's a pretty good MLBB colour. Not perfect but good. If you wear it really sheer or blotted its a great stain, or a nice everyday colour full strength. It's strongly scented but I like it. It's the LM creme brûlée scent

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was disappointed because it looks so pretty in the tube, but it also turned an insane NEON fuschia color on me (NC20). It was an impulse buy - I should've checked MUA first!

on 8/28/2009 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This color is purplish, fuschia on me. I have light olive skin with yellow under tones which takes warm colors very well. Since this turn "dead" on me, I would say it sure is a cool color. Texture is not at all like the other sheer LM lipsticks, this one even though is sheer, feels kind of heavy. I could feel it dragging across my lips upon application, not the smooth slide that I would expect from this LM line of stick glosses. Drying on the lips too. And it's not shimmery or glossy looking. What a waste of money, since I love the other sheer LM lipsticks (also have Poppy, Baked Earth, Pomegranate, Rosewater and Tender Lips). But I've discovered that if I apply the LM Rosewater on top after applying this, the end result is really nice. Rosewater is a creamier, shinier shimmery pale light pink, so it came out pinkish dark rose with some subtle shimmer. Takes out the drying feel of the Sheer Healthy Lips too. So if you have this colour and you are disappointed with it like the other reviewers, and you also have the Rosewater (which is also great for days when I go for heavy, smoky eyes), try using the Rosewater on top of this. Not bad at all.

on 5/31/2009 5:00:00 PM

I love his lippie purely based on the color. The pros: color is beautiful soft red and completely flattering for my coloring - fair-med skin w/peach undertones, dark brown hair and eyes, pale lips. I wear this frequently purely for the color. It totally is mlbb and healthy lips color. Does add a bit of brightness too, its on the brighter red side but very soft. Cons: Drying, not sheer, not great staying power. Need to have nice exfoliated lips or the dry nature of this stuff accentuates any flaking.

on 9/2/2007 10:17:00 PM

I guess this one isn't for everyone! For me, it is the perfect red. I have light olive toned skin with pigmented lips, dark hair, and dark brown eyes. My sister saw this on me and said "Oh my God, that's the best red lipstick I've ever seen." Looks great on her, too. Doesn't turn fuschia on me, just stays the perfect RED. I've already been through 3 tubes and am nearly ready for number 4.

on 12/4/2005 2:45:00 PM

I am yet another person who just "had" to have this lipstick and, needleess to say, it is already on it's way back for a refund. I've read about this for quite some time and, most recently, saw Sara Jessica Parker wearing it on the cover of In Style. It looked fabulous on her. I ordered it from Amazon.com and it was $20, but I did get free shipping. It arrived quickly and I could not wait to try it on. The color in the tube looked pretty dark, but when I put it on, oh my gosh. What a horrible color. If you've ever seen a "violet red" or "red violet" Crayola crayon, that is what it looks like. It was a very bright shade of fushia pink. I tried to mute it some with a nude color and event tried a gloss, but I quickly determined that I would never wear it again. One thing that is amazing to me is the texture is aweful! It is not moisturizing in the least. It did not go on smoothly and it made my lips feel very dry. I'm giving it 2 lippies because the packaging was nice and there was a full money back guarantee. I would have given it a third lippie if the texture had been nice and it was just not my color, but the quality just wasn't worth $20 for me even if I did love the shade. Wet and Wild lipstick is better than this.

on 5/14/2003 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I'm obviously in the minority, because I really like this colour!

"Healthy Lips" is a complete misnomer, because this is a RED lipstick! On me (red hair, hazel eyes, yellow-toned complexion) it's a pinky red that really flatters.

I have no problems with the smell and I really like the texture. I'm on my second tube and I'll keep buying it.

I also like LM's Tender Lips and Sexy Lips.

on 6/7/2002 9:47:00 PM

I finally got to try this on and it totally went fuschia on me (also)...I was so disappointed