Laura Mercier Healthy Lips Sheer lipstick

No Image

2.7

on 12/13/2007 2:06:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

THİS is a horrible lipstick. İ only like the colour but the quality is worst. Or the lipstick that İ ordered from web is old, İ dont know. İt smells terrible like old oil, and its not smooth, İ have to press it on my lips to get it there. and it dried out my lips. Terrible product. İ've never seen and used such bad product. İ have to throw it away. 20.-usd gone.
İ want a sheer smooth lipstick, that looks natural like healthy lips, but this isnt it. İ am warning you: dont buy these lipsticks.
But İ will try the stickgloss from this brand. Lot of members write this smell thing about the lipsticks but they like the stickglosses.

on 8/3/2007 1:12:00 PM

Healthy Lips is currently one of my favorite lipsticks. It's deep red-rose in the tube, but since it's sheer it isn't as deep on the lips. I have quite a bit of pink to my lips naturally, but amazingly enough it doesn't turn fuchsia. It really gives my lips a rosy, healthy look. It obviously doesn't give that look to everyone, so I guess testing it would be a good idea. I love the texture. It's soft and smooth, and so feels comfortable on the lips, yet it wears very well too. That surprised me. Usually, sheer lipsticks wear off easily and anything long-wearing can dry out my lips. Healthy Lips doesn't do that to me. The lipstick also feels light on my lips, like I have nothing on. I just get a stain of rosy, sheer color. So pretty. What is not so pretty, however, is the scent. Yep, this one has the typical LM "old lady" lipstick scent. I don't like it, but I find it tolerable. Packaging is kind of clunky too. For a lipstick so pretty and such good quality though, I can live with these two drawbacks. ;)

on 1/26/2006 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Healthy Lips looks too red visually. But when applied, gives that right shade of sheer red for a sweet geisha look--the red for people who can't wear red! It's almost just a stain when applied so don't be fooled by the pigment! It applies sheer, almost lip-balmy in feel. But if you wanna up the intensity and go full on, you can if you apply more! A little goes a long way. I took off one lippie for the smell-- a bit plasticky like most LM lipsticks are. Thumbs up for the super natural texture of its formula. I'd compare it with Maybelline's Dragonfly Red but a tad less glossy.

on 8/14/2005 1:55:00 PM

My HG! What can I say? It is perfect on me (pale skin, dark hair and eyes). I cannot wear browns, coppers, corals, oranges, etc. My lipstick has to have blue undertones and has to bring some pop to my face. This is the color. I am on my second tube and will buy it again and again.

on 4/8/2003 8:33:00 PM

Have to agree with the other reviewers, this one turned very fuschia on me as well, nothing "healthy" looking about this color at all. Much prefer Tender Lips and Just Lips for more natural appearing YLBB colors.

on 3/31/2003 7:50:00 AM

This is quite possible the worst lipstick on earth! The taste is horrible, it makes my lips super dry and the color? Don't even get me started, an unnatural fuchsia. To top it all off, I don't really mind Laura Mercier’s packaging, but the lipstick case is soooo cheap looking.

on 1/13/2002 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

It didn't look like "healthy lips" - it looked like "screaming fuschia lips" on my very fair complected face. How disappointing.