Topix Replenix Ultra Sheer Physical Sunscreen Spray SPF 50

Topix Replenix Ultra Sheer Physical Sunscreen Spray SPF 50

3.7

Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 12%. Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Biotin, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Polyphenols, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Emblica Officinalis Fruit Extract, Glyceryl Isostearate, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Purified Water, Resveratrol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q-10)."

on 9/2/2016 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Great ingredient list aside from all the cones. It's very greasy going on then incredibly drying as the day goes on. You definitely need a moisturiser under this - and one that is compatible with all the silicones going on top.

I'll be sticking with Elta MD UV Pure.

on 7/9/2016 11:12:00 AM

This sunscreen gets a lot of love on the skin care board and I can see why. For being an all-physical it has VERY little white cast. No discernable smell, some nice antioxidants added, and water resistant up to 40 minutes (I THINK; don't quote me on that). It's also fairly easy to apply, though I'd prefer the Asian-type nozzle to the spray since no one sprays a sunscreen directly on their face anyway. You also have to apply a LOT more than you think you should to get the recommended 1/4 teaspoon. 8 sprays does the trick, but it takes 2 coats to get a full application, so that's a bit of a hassle. The protection of this ss is good--no problems burning or tanning for me.

BUT my biggest complaint is that it just does NOT dry down on me in the summer, and takes a long time (about 30 minutes) to dry down in the winter. Some folks solve the longer drydown time by blowing a hair dryer on their face, but I don't have one. I live in a climate with quite humid summers, so not entirely the sunscreen's fault. HOWEVER, for a product with mostly silicones--and for the higher price point--I'd expect a little more elegant skin feel. This stays "moist" all day on me in the summer. If I apply makeup over it, it settles into my fine lines and pores and I have to touch up every couple of hours. Now, some folks have said the opposite, that it dries down on them and stays matte, so perhaps it's just my combination skin plus the humidity.

Like all physical ss, it leaves the skin a little dry after you remove it, but that's due to the zinc content, not the formula. It doesn't irritate or sting at all.

To Read all 31 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/5/2016 3:04:00 PM

I am forever in love with this. Sure, my skin gets a little dry, but later in the day I am an oil slick. I live in Savannah, GA and it is humid and hot as all get out! I will use this as long as it is made. In the winter, I do have to put a tad of moisturizer on but that is it! It is also great because of the easy application, my fiance finally wears SS!

on 12/12/2015 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is nice, very runny, silicone based all zinc sunscreen which I found very non irritating. The green tea or something lended a bit of a yellowish color to it, which is why this doesn't leave a white cast. It's not tinted, it's just sort of tea-colored from the green tea extract. Which is nice, since that darn white cast is the plague of my olive toned issues with zinc based sunscreens. It leaves a nice finish (usually) and I found I didn't need anything on top for most days I used this.

It's a bit tedious to apply to face, having to pump into my hand and apply layers. It's also somewhat difficult to apply enough to cover me adequately so my sunspots don't worsen, this stuff is so runny and spreadable it's hard to get enough on. it's a bit drying. While it will dry down matte on its own, it can take a while to do so, especially if I had used a moisturizer underneath.

I have oily skin that sometimes is dry in spots. I previously had been using Neutrogena Dry touch sunblock on my face but felt that it was too heavy to wear daily and sometimes stung my skin in spots.

This sunblock works well for my oily skin. I've been using it all summer and I have gotten little sun on my face. It leaves no white cast and is a good primer for makeup. The only downside it that it takes awhile to dry. I

Application:
I shake it then spray two sprays on my hand. I apply it and dry it with a hairdryer on the cool setting or just wait about 5 mins. During the summer, I add another layer and dry again (2x2 sprays). It has a slightly tacky feeling but is OK. I would put a facial powder over it if you are not using foundation it can leave a shiny film if you use as much as I do.

on 12/1/2014 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

5/9/2015: I added an updated edit at the bottom. :)

Background on my skintype: NC10 (AKA albino), very oily, very acne prone, with rosacea.

I bought this after hearing raves from my fellow oily gals. However it never fully dried on me and left the typical moist, tacky feeling that most sunscreens leave my skin with. This sunscreen is so full of silicones and anti-aging ingredients I really should *not* be surprised. To make matters worse, this broke me out horribly. Your mileage may vary. If you try this sunscreen and do not like it, I would recommend the most current Biore UV Perfect Face Milk spf50 (assuming you have oily skin).

Topix Replenix Ultra Sheer Physical Sunscreen Spray SPF 50 just wasn't for me. However there are a few pros I'll point out because I'm sure this would work beautifully on anyone with "normal" skin.

For starters, it is sheer as the name suggests. The consistency is liquidy & it won't get cakey on your face. The SPF is sufficient. Keep in mind, studies have shown that you need 1/4th teaspoon to get the full benefits of sunscreen advertised. That would take 8 spritz of this. Consumers rarely follow the 1/4th teaspoon rule so that's why it's always important to get a sunscreen with high SPF and UVA protection. Which brings me to my next point - this sunscreen has very good protection against UVA rays. UVA rays are what will age your skin and damage it. Additionally, Topix Replenix Sheer Sunscreen Spray has several ingredients for anti aging that will help aid/boost the SPF itself.

Last but not least - I've seen many whine about the cost of it. However, as much as this product did not work for me, I'd still like to argue a point. The price *is* fair. For under $30, you are getting 4 fluid oz. That is nearly $7 an ounce. Sunscreen is one of the most important things you can use for your skin - do not skimp.

Update: My skin has temporarily gone from super oily to "normal" due to anti-androgenic medications I'm on for a short time. My usual go-to sunscreens were starting to look cakey as hell on my new dry patches. So I brought this back out of my skincare bin. And damn, I was right. This sunscreen is wonderful for anyone with normal to dry skin. It instantly de-caked my make up and moisturized my skin, leaving a beautiful satin finish behind. I love how sheer this is, and how easy it is to glide onto my skin.

I'm going to miss this stuff when my hormones level out and im back to being a pizzaface. :(

Also...here is a full ingredient list: Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 12%; Inactive Ingredients: Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Biotin, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Polyphenols, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Emblica Officinalis Fruit Extract, Glyceryl Isostearate, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Purified Water, Resveratrol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q-10).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is my favorite sunscreen at the moment for my dry, sensitive skin, but its not without its faults. I use it because the protection is good and it's the least drying I have found that doesn't break me out, however I do have to moisturize before applying and sometimes I still get flakes. Very slight white cast on my NC15 skin. Also, the spray bottle is a major pain. Despite its faults I repurchase because it's the best I have found.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a great sunblock, for those that want a sheer, matte product. But, on the down side, it has no white color to lighten & brighten skin.

It is fragrance free, non irritating & 'chemical free' (zinc oxide is still a chemical contrary to what some may think). It is not overly thick & it is not greasy. Because it contains a high amount of zinc oxide, it is both soothing & anti-bacterial (which helps if you are acne prone). It does not pill up or flake off once applied. It is oil free, non-acnegenic, non-comdeogenic & has never caused me to breakout. It provides complete UVB/UVA protection, and has a high SPF.

I won't be buying it again though, because it is both 1) matte & 2) sheer & not white. I like a glow - not a dry, matte look. And, I prefer my porcelain skin to be it's lightest, brightest & whitest possible - so I love the white tint that other all zinc oxide sunblocks provide, what this sunblock is definitely missing.

on 7/5/2014 1:55:00 PM

This sunscreen is absolutely worth trying out, whether or not it actually ends up working out for you or not. Because, as a physical SC, it is the most sheer, cosmetically elegant one I have ever tried and is the only one I have personally tried (alot) that looks like I have nothing on. It feels like I have nothing on ever, and gives a very, very slight luminosity if I look hard enough.

To start, I have combo skin and it does not dry me out at all. I use Cetaphil moisturizing creme at night and have not had any problems. I would consider the comments on the drying something that you will personally have to work with, but not a set in stone dealbreaker for this sunscreen.

As a spray, it doesn't bother me spraying into my fingers. It isn't as if it's a complete watery liquid. It stays in place where you spray it on your fingers and then easily transfers onto your face. It's not a messy, drippy application if that makes any sense. You dont' have to hurry before it runs all over the place. In fact, it applies easier then Neutrogena Liquid Pure and Simple. That's more runny then this.

I don't notice that it takes that long to dry. I put it on after my shower and by the time I get to my makeup it's great. I don't use moisturizer under it in the morning. Still doesn't dry me out. I do don't anything special to remove it other then my Dove Sensitive Skin cleanser and have no breakouts.

Actual protection might be a dealbreaker for some. As other's have noted, I do find it's not perfect protection. I have noticed it lets a bit of sun through. Nothing to ever even burn me or even tan me, but more sun does get through then other's I have tried. I would not wear this as my only protection on my face to the beach, unless I apply several layers throughout the day. However, it will really be a part of where you live and how you are out in the sun. For living in the cloudy NW and being so cosmetically elegant it's a great everyday physical sunscreen.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Well ... I was so exited to buy and try this after all the recommendations from the SCB. Was hard to find for me ( in UK ) had to order online and pay $$ shipping charges , costed me in total 40 to get it here. But i tho if is good then worth it .
I read that can be drying and as i do have dry skin especially in winter ( on Retin-A ) i applied the sunscreen over moisturiser. In hot summer days i skip the moisturiser , so drying wasn't a issue .
Let me start with the fact that i HATED that is a spray. Had to spray on my hand and then apply on face. Anyway the texture was nice and no white cast after few seconds.
Also was great under make up. I use mineral powder and this sunscreen was doing really good job as a primer.
Didn't had any issues with my skin while using this. No breakouts , no rush , or anything negative. Everything was fine.
BUT THEN ....... After using the whole bottle in summer i found out i have much more brown spots on my face than ever before.
I do not suffer from pigmentation ( or at least didn't notice anything till i used this sunscreen )
After using this every day in summer i found out i have many brown spots on my face especially under my eyes and cheek bones. Which to me means this isn't a good protector for sun or at least for me.
Just to mention - i use Retin-A every other night as well as AHA the rest of the nights , Mornings i use Vit.C serum and always a good amount of sunscreen. I wear big sunglasses nearly every day even when not sunny and if i go swimming pool or beach i will wear hat as well.
I use this routine for the last 10 years and never had so many brown spots on my face. So it must be the sunscreen .!!!

At the moment i use Ducray Melascreen SPF50 Creme Ligere and i m really happy with it. My skin is clearing out as well.