Avene Skin Recovery Cream (US name: Cream For Intolerant Skin)

Avene  Skin Recovery Cream (US name: Cream For Intolerant Skin)
Enter Title

4.1

US cream for intolerant skin: Water (Aqua), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Squalane, Benzoic Acid, Carbomer, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Triethanolamine. ------------------------------------ US Avene skin recovery cream: Avene Thermal Spring Water (avene Aqua), Mineral Oil (paraffinumliquidum), Glycerin, Glycerylstearate, Squalane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Clycohexasiloxane, Serine, Carbomer, Tetrasodium Edta, Triethanolamine, Water (aqua).

Unfortunately, this broke me out! I did not realize this was the culprit for my breakouts as it was really soothing for my skin. I was suffering from a bout of hypersensitivity/dryness/dehydration/acne from over-exfoliation. I picked this up as my skin is so sensitive to every moisturizer and I tend to get contact dermatitis when using them. Though this did not irritate my skin and cause contact dermatitis, it was contributing to my breakouts and I did not make the connection until months later. I would only recommend this product to those who may have dry skin but are not necessarily acne-prone as it can be a little too emollient. I do recommend that you use this as a temporary moisturizer to get your skin back to where it needs to be if you are suffering from redness/irritation from a product, but once your skin feels better, try to switch to a lighter moisturizer as this may clog your pores.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is amazing! I bought the rich version since I have very dry skin, and although it isn't the best moisturiser, it calms down my inflammation (I have rosacea) and i wake up with less papules and pustules and slightly less redness. It also has gentle ingredients and doesn't make my skin flare up.
It is a bit pricey but I think it is worth it, I use it on days where my rosacea has flared up and although it doesn't make it completely go away, it helps ease the soreness.
Would recommend

on 8/29/2016 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My skin has aged a lot over the summer thanks to using harsh products on my face for the past few years so I was desperate to fix it. I bought this product even though it was a bit pricey for me and people recommended against it saying it is not meant for humid places. Well, I use this every night and in the first few days I did get breakouts, which sometimes is a sign that the product is doing its job. So I stayed with it. It's now been a month and my skin definitely looks less tired and dull. But the best part is how it improved my complexion by a 1000 times! Even though that is not advertised with this product. My skin is now more even toned and brighter (I've been trying to remove a dull tan for ages now). For my sisters out there using whitening creams etc. to fix complexion problems use this. You will love your skin tone afterwards!
Anyway, I highly recommend this.
Also, the new packaging is great. Hygienic and eliminates the needs for preservatives.

on 7/2/2016 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Kinky, Fine

The packaging on this has changed. I now comes in a special packaging that stays sterile and negates the need for preservatives.

This is the only cream that soothes my ezcema without irritating my acne and causing breakouts.

With ezcema I need serious hydration and soothing ingredients, but often these can be pore clogging.

This is a cosmetically elegant solution. It's not cheap, but literally nothing else in the last few years has soothed my skin like this.

Its helped improved my skin texture so much I can wear my previous HG foundation again, Nars sheer glow which use to be too unforgiving on my dry textured skin. Now it looks fantastic!

If you have ezcema, rosacea or severely dehydrated irritated skin, yet suffer from acne prone breakouts, try this.

on 5/27/2016 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this on a whim. Had heard good things about it but didn't really *need* a new moisturizer (I'm very happy with LRP Toleriane Riche). It is kind of an ok moisturizer but there is something in it that mildly irritates my skin. Whenever I use this, my skin feels a bit itchy and sensitized. Not my thing, sticking with Toleriane.

on 5/17/2016 6:31:00 AM

This product calms irritation for sure. For days when I have patchy skin, I will definitely put some on this on my face. It is water based and fragrance free. Perfect for sensitive skin. I have repurchased these for more than 3 times and when purchasing Avene products, they usually are very generous with their free samples and I usually requested this one as I would have one for sure sitting on my make up pouch ;) overall this brand has really good products!

on 3/8/2016 10:07:00 AM

I used this on my rosacea skin which is red, sensitive and full of papules and pustules. Skin type is dehydrated acne prone skin. It made me break out and did not reduce sensitivity. Will not recommend.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This has been saving my skin for about 4 years now. I don't what it is, but it's magic. I use it as my pre-cream emulsion. It's not sufficiently moisturising on its own, but when I pair it with a cream I get a much better effect than when I use the cream alone. My past pairings with this cream have included: Avene Trixera+, Avene Rich Compensating Cream, and the original Estee Lauder pomegranate series, which has since been discontinued.

My current moisturising regime consists of this cream + Cetaphil Daily Advance + Vaseline petroleum jelly on my cheeks. My skin has never looked better.

I have dry cheeks and an oily T-zone. I rarely break out though.

I just love this cream, it makes my hands SO soft! It's perfect for when my hands get all dry and flaky during winter, it clears things right up.

I recently had an allergy which made my hands and feet very dry. The head of the dermatology department in one of the top hospitals in Asia suggested this to me. I use this as my hand cream and would sometimes use it as body lotion. A bit pricey but very very worth it. My hands was very dry to the point that it peels a lot but after 3 days of using this product as hand cream my hands now is very very soft! My boyfriend loves holding my hands now. Hehe I LOVE this product and will definitely buy again. This is my all around moisturizer! This is my first Avene product.