Avene Skin Recovery Cream (US name: Cream For Intolerant Skin)

Avene  Skin Recovery Cream (US name: Cream For Intolerant Skin)
Enter Title

4.1

US Avene skin recovery cream:AVÈNE THERMAL SPRING WATER, MINERAL OIL, GLYCERIN, GLYCERYL STEARATE, SQUALANE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, CLYCOHEXASILOXANE, SERINE, CARBOMER, TETRASODIUM EDTA, TRIETHANOLAMINE

on 10/24/2017 7:26:00 AM

Best cream if you have acne prone skin, it is very gentle and very moisturising without the heavy feeling of a cream and absorbs fairly quickly. 10/10 would buy again.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this because of the high ratings on MUA. There were 2 different types of Avene Skin Recovery Creams in the store I bought it: the regular version and a "rich" version. I opted for the rich because I would be using it at nighttime and wanted a more moisturizing cream.

After only a couple of uses,I could tell my skin was not liking it. It made my skin feel and look worse (not as hydrated, not as smooth, not as soft) and did absolutely nothing for redness or irritation.

Also, the packaging is absolutely horrible. It's an absolute nightmare to try to open.

FYI Mineral oil is the 2nd ingredient in this. Some people don't like using this ingredient.

on 1/25/2017 11:27:00 PM

I come back to this time and time again. I've used both the light version and the rich version.
This is one of the first things I buy if my skin is starting to get irritated. I might go for months, even years without a tube, but as soon as my skin is acting up, I know it's time to get some Skin Recovery Cream.
It quickly calms my skin and restores it. I should probably always have a tube at hand.

Packaging is GENIUS.

on 2/26/2017 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a genius product. I had a REALLY itchy rash from using LRP Toleriane Riche, because I wanted to save a few bucks ($5-6 less than the avene cream I wanted) and I had to return the LRP one after one use and I bought this using the exchange money. This is the only thing that has hydrated my skin through the winter (I live in Canada). I just wish I could find a product cheaper than this that is this effective.

on 3/23/2017 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Must-have product!!!!! it works for every my skin problems : sun burn, allergic to cosmetic, itchy, atopic skin,also for calming my acne prone.......I use it for moisturizer before foundation too,when other moisturizer can not blend with my foundation (Double Wear Estee Lauder), this one is working very well....Even this product is really expensive in my country, but it really worth.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is a foolproof moisturiser that is a must have for those with dry or sensitive skin. In Australia, this product is labelled as skin recovery cream, and I purchased the very dry skin option. The packaging is excellent, and the cream is extremely gentle while still feeling rich and luxurious. Like most Avene products it is formulated to suit dry, sensitive and dehydrated skin and does an excellent job of soothing the skin especially after using stronger acids and serums. Although this product is relatively expensive in comparison to other sensitive skin brands (such as QV or Dermaveen), this product seems worth the price for me. I only wish it came in a bigger container!

Unfortunately, this broke me out! I did not realize this was the culprit for my breakouts as it was really soothing for my skin. I was suffering from a bout of hypersensitivity/dryness/dehydration/acne from over-exfoliation. I picked this up as my skin is so sensitive to every moisturizer and I tend to get contact dermatitis when using them. Though this did not irritate my skin and cause contact dermatitis, it was contributing to my breakouts and I did not make the connection until months later. I would only recommend this product to those who may have dry skin but are not necessarily acne-prone as it can be a little too emollient. I do recommend that you use this as a temporary moisturizer to get your skin back to where it needs to be if you are suffering from redness/irritation from a product, but once your skin feels better, try to switch to a lighter moisturizer as this may clog your pores.

on 8/29/2016 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My skin has aged a lot over the summer thanks to using harsh products on my face for the past few years so I was desperate to fix it. I bought this product even though it was a bit pricey for me and people recommended against it saying it is not meant for humid places. Well, I use this every night and in the first few days I did get breakouts, which sometimes is a sign that the product is doing its job. So I stayed with it. It's now been a month and my skin definitely looks less tired and dull. But the best part is how it improved my complexion by a 1000 times! Even though that is not advertised with this product. My skin is now more even toned and brighter (I've been trying to remove a dull tan for ages now). For my sisters out there using whitening creams etc. to fix complexion problems use this. You will love your skin tone afterwards!
Anyway, I highly recommend this.
Also, the new packaging is great. Hygienic and eliminates the needs for preservatives.

I have skin that leans dry and is very easily dehydrated and I've had hypersensitivity and loads of allergic/reactive acne for a while. This cream was one of the components of a skin routine that's really put me back on track. It's incredibly calming. I use it as my day cream and when I hop out of the shower and my face is pinked up from the heat, I apply this and watch the redness dissipate from my face in the mirror. It's calming--there's absolutely no stinging or scent or really any sensation whatsoever with it. It absorbs into the skin well and is a really nice makeup base. I'm extremely sensitive to fragrance and alcohol and this is a lovely bit of relief for my skin. I've been using it for a month and haven't broken out--which is quite an achievement for my skin. I highly recommend this.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is amazing! I bought the rich version since I have very dry skin, and although it isn't the best moisturiser, it calms down my inflammation (I have rosacea) and i wake up with less papules and pustules and slightly less redness. It also has gentle ingredients and doesn't make my skin flare up.
It is a bit pricey but I think it is worth it, I use it on days where my rosacea has flared up and although it doesn't make it completely go away, it helps ease the soreness.
Would recommend