Eau Thermal Avene Skin Recovery Cream (US name: Cream For Intolerant Skin)

Eau Thermal Avene Skin Recovery Cream (US name: Cream For Intolerant Skin)
Enter Title

4.1

US Avene skin recovery cream:AVÈNE THERMAL SPRING WATER, MINERAL OIL, GLYCERIN, GLYCERYL STEARATE, SQUALANE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, CLYCOHEXASILOXANE, SERINE, CARBOMER, TETRASODIUM EDTA, TRIETHANOLAMINE

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I am really surprised my this, I love the finish it gives my rosacea prone allergic skin. I had been using the Tolerance Riche (which contains safflower oil), and although it is another basic no nonsense moisturiser - it can be a little shiny under my SPF and I had a couple of dry patches crop up during the recent cold spell. I expected the recovery cream to be richer but it isn’t, it contains a higher percentage of water and absorbs better. I was apprehensive about the mineral oil content but I haven’t had any congestion or breakouts, or irritation of any kind. If you are looking for a good moisturiser to repair your skin barrier, or like me are using prescription acne/ rosacea meds and/or taking Roaccutane you cannot go wrong with Avène. It is one of the few brands I can rely on when my skin is fragile or allergic.

on 2/25/2018 6:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

My skin: very combination, dehydrated with normal to dry cheeks and very oily t-zone, plus hormonal and sometimes stress-related acne/breakouts. Fun!

I've been using La Roche-Posay products for a good while now and while I really like a lot of them, I just didn't love any of their moisturizers in the winter. The Effaclar H is wonderful in the summer, but not nearly enough for winter in a cold, dry climate, and none of the others I tried (Hydreane, Hydraphase, Toleriane, Nutritic) did the trick either. My trusty old favourite from Eucerin, the 5% Urea cream, has been discontinued and I badly needed something that gives enough moisture without breaking me out.

This does the trick. It's a simple, no-frills moisturizer/barrier cream, rich enough for winter wear, and it works. I'm on my second tube. It keeps my skin hydrated, even in very cold, very dry winter weather, and it hasn't caused any new breakouts or other irritation. That's pretty much all it does, but as that was pretty much all I expected, I'm pleased with it and will keep repurchasing. I think it's on the expensive side for what it is, but I have a hard time finding winter moisturizers that work for me, so it's worth it.

The packaging is tricky to get the hang of. I appreciate that it eliminates the need for preservatives, that's great, but it's very easy to squeeze too hard and get way too much product. Squeeze the tube carefully, especially when it's full.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This broke me out and didn't even moisturize that well, my skin was still flaky and dry. I appreciate it's fragrance free but it clearly just has too many pore cloggers (stearates, cyclops, possibly the squalane, I am fine with mineral oil) for my acne prone skin. I can still see this being a viable option for sensitive skins though if the ingredients don't clog you, but as with everything patch test!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was surprised that this didn't work for me. It doesn't hydrated at all and felt tacky on my skin. I'm very disappointed.
Also the packaging is horrible. I don't know if it was just mine malfunctioning, but it was a pain to open!

on 10/24/2017 7:26:00 AM

Best cream if you have acne prone skin, it is very gentle and very moisturising without the heavy feeling of a cream and absorbs fairly quickly. 10/10 would buy again.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this because of the high ratings on MUA. There were 2 different types of Avene Skin Recovery Creams in the store I bought it: the regular version and a "rich" version. I opted for the rich because I would be using it at nighttime and wanted a more moisturizing cream.

After only a couple of uses,I could tell my skin was not liking it. It made my skin feel and look worse (not as hydrated, not as smooth, not as soft) and did absolutely nothing for redness or irritation.

Also, the packaging is absolutely horrible. It's an absolute nightmare to try to open.

FYI Mineral oil is the 2nd ingredient in this. Some people don't like using this ingredient.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is a foolproof moisturiser that is a must have for those with dry or sensitive skin. In Australia, this product is labelled as skin recovery cream, and I purchased the very dry skin option. The packaging is excellent, and the cream is extremely gentle while still feeling rich and luxurious. Like most Avene products it is formulated to suit dry, sensitive and dehydrated skin and does an excellent job of soothing the skin especially after using stronger acids and serums. Although this product is relatively expensive in comparison to other sensitive skin brands (such as QV or Dermaveen), this product seems worth the price for me. I only wish it came in a bigger container!

on 3/23/2017 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Must-have product!!!!! it works for every my skin problems : sun burn, allergic to cosmetic, itchy, atopic skin,also for calming my acne prone.......I use it for moisturizer before foundation too,when other moisturizer can not blend with my foundation (Double Wear Estee Lauder), this one is working very well....Even this product is really expensive in my country, but it really worth.

on 2/26/2017 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a genius product. I had a REALLY itchy rash from using LRP Toleriane Riche, because I wanted to save a few bucks ($5-6 less than the avene cream I wanted) and I had to return the LRP one after one use and I bought this using the exchange money. This is the only thing that has hydrated my skin through the winter (I live in Canada). I just wish I could find a product cheaper than this that is this effective.

on 1/25/2017 11:27:00 PM

I come back to this time and time again. I've used both the light version and the rich version.
This is one of the first things I buy if my skin is starting to get irritated. I might go for months, even years without a tube, but as soon as my skin is acting up, I know it's time to get some Skin Recovery Cream.
It quickly calms my skin and restores it. I should probably always have a tube at hand.

Packaging is GENIUS.