Avene Skin Recovery Cream (US name: Cream For Intolerant Skin)

Avene  Skin Recovery Cream (US name: Cream For Intolerant Skin)

4.1

US cream for intolerant skin: Water (Aqua), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Squalane, Benzoic Acid, Carbomer, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Triethanolamine. ------------------------------------ US Avene skin recovery cream: Avene Thermal Spring Water (avene Aqua), Mineral Oil (paraffinumliquidum), Glycerin, Glycerylstearate, Squalane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Clycohexasiloxane, Serine, Carbomer, Tetrasodium Edta, Triethanolamine, Water (aqua).

on 7/2/2016 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Kinky, Fine

The packaging on this has changed. I now comes in a special packaging that stays sterile and negates the need for preservatives.

This is the only cream that soothes my excema without irritating my acne and causing breakouts.

With excema I need serious hydration and soothing ingredients, but often these can be pore clogging.

This is a cosmetically elegant solution. It's not cheap, but literally nothing else in the last few years has soothed my skin like this.

Its helped improved my skin texture so much I can wear my previous HG foundation again, Nars sheer glow which use to be too unforgiving on my dry textured skin. Now it looks fantastic!

If you have excema, rosacea or severely dehydrated irritated skin, yet suffer from acne prone breakouts, try this.

on 5/27/2016 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this on a whim. Had heard good things about it but didn't really *need* a new moisturizer (I'm very happy with LRP Toleriane Riche). It is kind of an ok moisturizer but there is something in it that mildly irritates my skin. Whenever I use this, my skin feels a bit itchy and sensitized. Not my thing, sticking with Toleriane.

To Read all 237 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/17/2016 6:31:00 AM

This product calms irritation for sure. For days when I have patchy skin, I will definitely put some on this on my face. It is water based and fragrance free. Perfect for sensitive skin. I have repurchased these for more than 3 times and when purchasing Avene products, they usually are very generous with their free samples and I usually requested this one as I would have one for sure sitting on my make up pouch ;) overall this brand has really good products!

on 3/8/2016 10:07:00 AM

I used this on my rosacea skin which is red, sensitive and full of papules and pustules. Skin type is dehydrated acne prone skin. It made me break out and did not reduce sensitivity. Will not recommend.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This has been saving my skin for about 4 years now. I don't what it is, but it's magic. I use it as my pre-cream emulsion. It's not sufficiently moisturising on its own, but when I pair it with a cream I get a much better effect than when I use the cream alone. My past pairings with this cream have included: Avene Trixera+, Avene Rich Compensating Cream, and the original Estee Lauder pomegranate series, which has since been discontinued.

My current moisturising regime consists of this cream + Cetaphil Daily Advance + Vaseline petroleum jelly on my cheeks. My skin has never looked better.

I have dry cheeks and an oily T-zone. I rarely break out though.

I just love this cream, it makes my hands SO soft! It's perfect for when my hands get all dry and flaky during winter, it clears things right up.

I recently had an allergy which made my hands and feet very dry. The head of the dermatology department in one of the top hospitals in Asia suggested this to me. I use this as my hand cream and would sometimes use it as body lotion. A bit pricey but very very worth it. My hands was very dry to the point that it peels a lot but after 3 days of using this product as hand cream my hands now is very very soft! My boyfriend loves holding my hands now. Hehe I LOVE this product and will definitely buy again. This is my all around moisturizer! This is my first Avene product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This cream helped me a lot when my skin was dried out from harsh acne gels(with too much BP/salicylic acid)! It's not comedogen, so it doesn't clog pores!

I purchased this product as a last resort after using a BHA treatment and having a really bad reaction. My skin was swollen, scaly in places, itchy and so dry. After using this cream my face went back to normal in just a couple of days. When I first applied it, it stung a little bit but now I find it to be a lovely ultra moisturising night cream. I don't know if I'll continue now that my face is better because I'm prone to acne but it is a great emergency cream if you ever need it.

on 7/23/2015 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've only been using this for a week - l just wanted to say that there are 2 different ingredient lists for the same cream in the UK. Avene sent me a sample with the ingredients listings found on UK websites (see bottom ingredients list), but a 40ml came today from Garden Pharmacy with an older style logo and different ingredients (see top list: not added by me).

Aha! There are 2 creams- the normal one and the 'calming formula' (on the photo) which is 40ml instead of 50ml. The calming formula seems to be the only option on Australian sites and UK Amazon and a few other retailers. The original 50ml is available at Boots, where l shall be heading off to first thing tomorrow morning!