Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Chamomile & Argan Oil Baby Healing Lotion w/Frankincense & Myrrh

4.1

Deionized Water, Raw Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Oil*, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter*, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Olus Oil, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Nut Oil, Centhera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Borage Officinalis Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Rosa Rubiginosa (Rosehip) Seed Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Boswellia Serrata (Frankincense) Oil, Chamomile Extract, Myrrh Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract *Certified Organic Ingredient

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I have not used this product on babies but I do use it on my legs almost every night. There are some really good things about this product but there are also some really annoying downsides. However, I still purchase this product because it moisturises really well and is all natural.

So the good things I have already said really, great moisturiser and no horrible synthetic dyes, fragrance (although the fragrance smells slightly unnatural its apparently only made from essential oils) and no other unnecessary ingredients.

However, I tried using this product on my face. It is all natural and basically has the same ingredients you would find in a natural facial cream so I thought there would be no problem. The next morning I woke up and I wasn't breaking out but I had a small patches of redness. I thought the two things were unrelated so I used it on my face again and the morning after that the redness was worse and it was more bumpy. You could only see it really up close in a mirror but I could see that it was only getting worse. The next night I discontinued use and the redness went immediately. Another problem is the packaging. It works well for a while but about half way into the product the lotion suddenly wont come out of the pump. I think its because the lotion is too thick so when you have used a lot of it the lotion doesn't move to the bottom it just sits where it is and the pump can't reach it. You can shake it so it goes to the bottom but it doesn't really work. I just take the pump out and squeeze it into my hand. The pump is good for hygiene purposes but it isn't practical. The lotion is also meant to be healing (ie for nappy/diaper rash and other skin ailments) so I thought it would at least do something for razor burn. Nope. Obviously it helps to use any lotion after shaving but I still had the same razor burn as when I used other lotions.

It is still a good product, perhaps it just works better for nappy rash but I still use this product every day and it does the job.

on 7/15/2016 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've tried several from the SM line, hair treatments, lotion and their Black soap. Wasn't crazy about any of them, and downright hated the hair deep treatment to the point that I threw it away.
Tried this baby lotion from my MIL's bottle and was surprised. It's really great. Gentle, light smell with a thick texture. They need to sell this in tube form. The pump sucks, the product is too thick for it. The lotion spreads with just a little effort, soaks in quickly and doesn't leave a greasy, shiny coating. It moisturizes nicely and a little goes a long way. I love the soft feel it imparts. I use it on me, my husband and my toddler.
I normally use pure oils like coconut or Grapeseed to moisturize, but sometimes I just need a lotion, (easier to travel with, doesn't leave the skin greasy), and this'll be it. I love that I don't have to worry about greasing up my clothing with oil when I'm in a hurry. Really like it.

To Read all 20 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/24/2016 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really adore this lotion: the smell, the whipped texture and how soft it makes my skin! The only down side is the extreme thickness being difficult to work with in a pump bottle. It would work better in a squeeze tube. I use it mainly for my hands before bed. It takes a little bit to rub in but it does eventually soak in. This winter my hands have been so dry and cracking due to heating the house and washing constantly. Sadly this lotion doesn't heal but almost irritates my PALMS.... so weird. It worked wonders when the tops of my hands were dry and cracking so I don't know what's up with it not helping my cracked palms. I don't recommend putting this on really cracked skin that's bleeding because it may just irritate it more. Otherwise, it's a great lotion.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this stuff! it's advertised as a baby lotion, but it's great for any sort of sensitive skin. It has a very light scent, a bit herbal and flowery, and soaks in very quickly. It leaves a tiny bit of a waxy feel on the skin that does go away after a couple of hours, but I personally don't mind it. It is very moisturizing. My skin gets really dry very easily, and I've been using this every day for a couple weeks and the problem has pretty much gone away.

As a few other people said, the main downside is it can be impossible to pump out after a few uses. It's super thick, like a whipped shea butter (which is probably in there), and the product ends up with air pockets where the pump has been. I have very little problem with just unscrewing the top and scooping it out, but that could be annoying to a lot of people.

In all, I would definitely buy this product again. were it not for the inconvenient packaging, I would give it a five.

on 6/22/2015 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Love the pump bottle and ingredients, but it always left my skin feeling slick and weird and that was a deal breaker for me.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was given this product by my boyfriend. He went out shopping and knew I'm into Eco-friendly products and that I have sensitive skin and like to scratch like a monkey. This lotion has a very strong scent. Even though it is suppose to comfort and calm a baby, it was making me feel like I took a bath in my mommy' perfume. My boyfriend called it the baby whore lotion. It is that strong of a scent. I'm actually afraid to wear it in public in case I give someone a migraine.

Putting the scent aside, the lotion is actually really thick like a body butter but it never feels sticky on the skin. The skin absorbs the lotion fast and that's when it's stop. It isn't moisturizing enough for the cold Hell winter months of Scandinavia. It's good for the rest of the year. This makes a good hand lotion by the way cause of the lack of greasiness and stickiness. My skin hadn't had a bad reaction to it and I was applying massive amount of it when I had the Scarlett fever a few years ago. I would certainly recommend this to mommies for their babies and for themselves too. I found out that myrrh and frankincense shouldn't be use while you're pregnant so expectant mommies, avoid this for a bit.

Love/Hate here. The lotion itself is devine! Smells great, sinks in fast and leaves a satin finish rather than a shiny mess. But I only use this on my hands, because I can't get the friggin lotion out of the bottle! It is soooo thick it will not pump out. After a few days of rangling with it, the pump stem broke into the bottle. The consistency of this lotion is like cold margerine. I would love to buy more, but it's useless, if I can't get it out of the bottle. I will not repurchase until they change the packaging-which is such a shame because I really love the lotion.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

In my line of work, I wash my hands constantly, which leads to severely dry, cracked hands, especially on the tops of my hands. So bad to the point that they crack, split, and bleed. I've spent $$$$ on lotions, creams, salves, oils, ointments... and NOTHING would help, or even soothe the dryness, tenderness, and pain. Until I tried this. This, is my Holy Grail. The minute I put this on... Ahhhh.... it soothes the dryness, and does not burn the tender cracks on my knuckles. I can actually bend my fingers again without the skin splitting. I use this on a daily basis, not only on my hands, but as an all over body moisturizer. I even use this as a facial moisturizer when my face needs a little moisture, with no breakouts or rashes. The smell is heavenly... kinda earthy... and blends very well with every perfume I own. The only problem I have with this is that the texture is not consistent with each bottle I buy. Sometimes it's on the thick side, sometimes on the thin side. But I don't care! As long as it continues to work wonders on my dry skin, I'm happy. PLUS, it's GLUTEN FREE, which is a must for me, due to Celiac Disease.

on 11/5/2014 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

it leaves the skin feeling so soft and it's not too heavy either.

on 10/12/2014 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

The smell of this is what caught my eye. At first, I thought it resembles Ralph Lauren Romance perfume.

It does soften and moisturize and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. I can use this on my back without worrying that it will break me out, and it doesn't. It comes in a nice size bottle and one pump or half of a pump is very concentrated. This stuff it not watery. It has the consistency of body butter.

I love this lotion, I hope they never stop making it or change the formulation. I wish the company made a perfume bottle of this scent. Delicious, and sophisticated, and soft. Not overpowering or musky. Once you take a whiff you want to take a couple more :)