Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Chamomile & Argan Oil Baby Healing Lotion w/Frankincense & Myrrh

4.1

Deionized Water, Raw Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Oil*, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter*, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Olus Oil, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Nut Oil, Centhera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Borage Officinalis Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Rosa Rubiginosa (Rosehip) Seed Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Boswellia Serrata (Frankincense) Oil, Chamomile Extract, Myrrh Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract *Certified Organic Ingredient

on 7/15/2016 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've tried several from the SM line, hair treatments, lotion and their Black soap. Wasn't crazy about any of them, and downright hated the hair deep treatment to the point that I threw it away.
Tried this baby lotion from my MIL's bottle and was surprised. It's really great. Gentle, light smell with a thick texture. They need to sell this in tube form. The pump sucks, the product is too thick for it. The lotion spreads with just a little effort, soaks in quickly and doesn't leave a greasy, shiny coating. It moisturizes nicely and a little goes a long way. I love the soft feel it imparts. I use it on me, my husband and my toddler.
I normally use pure oils like coconut or Grapeseed to moisturize, but sometimes I just need a lotion, (easier to travel with, doesn't leave the skin greasy), and this'll be it. I love that I don't have to worry about greasing up my clothing with oil when I'm in a hurry. Really like it.

on 1/24/2016 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really adore this lotion: the smell, the whipped texture and how soft it makes my skin! The only down side is the extreme thickness being difficult to work with in a pump bottle. It would work better in a squeeze tube. I use it mainly for my hands before bed. It takes a little bit to rub in but it does eventually soak in. This winter my hands have been so dry and cracking due to heating the house and washing constantly. Sadly this lotion doesn't heal but almost irritates my PALMS.... so weird. It worked wonders when the tops of my hands were dry and cracking so I don't know what's up with it not helping my cracked palms. I don't recommend putting this on really cracked skin that's bleeding because it may just irritate it more. Otherwise, it's a great lotion.

To Read all 19 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this stuff! it's advertised as a baby lotion, but it's great for any sort of sensitive skin. It has a very light scent, a bit herbal and flowery, and soaks in very quickly. It leaves a tiny bit of a waxy feel on the skin that does go away after a couple of hours, but I personally don't mind it. It is very moisturizing. My skin gets really dry very easily, and I've been using this every day for a couple weeks and the problem has pretty much gone away.

As a few other people said, the main downside is it can be impossible to pump out after a few uses. It's super thick, like a whipped shea butter (which is probably in there), and the product ends up with air pockets where the pump has been. I have very little problem with just unscrewing the top and scooping it out, but that could be annoying to a lot of people.

In all, I would definitely buy this product again. were it not for the inconvenient packaging, I would give it a five.

on 6/22/2015 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Love the pump bottle and ingredients, but it always left my skin feeling slick and weird and that was a deal breaker for me.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was given this product by my boyfriend. He went out shopping and knew I'm into Eco-friendly products and that I have sensitive skin and like to scratch like a monkey. This lotion has a very strong scent. Even though it is suppose to comfort and calm a baby, it was making me feel like I took a bath in my mommy' perfume. My boyfriend called it the baby whore lotion. It is that strong of a scent. I'm actually afraid to wear it in public in case I give someone a migraine.

Putting the scent aside, the lotion is actually really thick like a body butter but it never feels sticky on the skin. The skin absorbs the lotion fast and that's when it's stop. It isn't moisturizing enough for the cold Hell winter months of Scandinavia. It's good for the rest of the year. This makes a good hand lotion by the way cause of the lack of greasiness and stickiness. My skin hadn't had a bad reaction to it and I was applying massive amount of it when I had the Scarlett fever a few years ago. I would certainly recommend this to mommies for their babies and for themselves too. I found out that myrrh and frankincense shouldn't be use while you're pregnant so expectant mommies, avoid this for a bit.

Love/Hate here. The lotion itself is devine! Smells great, sinks in fast and leaves a satin finish rather than a shiny mess. But I only use this on my hands, because I can't get the friggin lotion out of the bottle! It is soooo thick it will not pump out. After a few days of rangling with it, the pump stem broke into the bottle. The consistency of this lotion is like cold margerine. I would love to buy more, but it's useless, if I can't get it out of the bottle. I will not repurchase until they change the packaging-which is such a shame because I really love the lotion.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

In my line of work, I wash my hands constantly, which leads to severely dry, cracked hands, especially on the tops of my hands. So bad to the point that they crack, split, and bleed. I've spent $$$$ on lotions, creams, salves, oils, ointments... and NOTHING would help, or even soothe the dryness, tenderness, and pain. Until I tried this. This, is my Holy Grail. The minute I put this on... Ahhhh.... it soothes the dryness, and does not burn the tender cracks on my knuckles. I can actually bend my fingers again without the skin splitting. I use this on a daily basis, not only on my hands, but as an all over body moisturizer. I even use this as a facial moisturizer when my face needs a little moisture, with no breakouts or rashes. The smell is heavenly... kinda earthy... and blends very well with every perfume I own. The only problem I have with this is that the texture is not consistent with each bottle I buy. Sometimes it's on the thick side, sometimes on the thin side. But I don't care! As long as it continues to work wonders on my dry skin, I'm happy. PLUS, it's GLUTEN FREE, which is a must for me, due to Celiac Disease.

on 11/5/2014 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

it leaves the skin feeling so soft and it's not too heavy either.

on 10/12/2014 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

The smell of this is what caught my eye. At first, I thought it resembles Ralph Lauren Romance perfume.

It does soften and moisturize and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. I can use this on my back without worrying that it will break me out, and it doesn't. It comes in a nice size bottle and one pump or half of a pump is very concentrated. This stuff it not watery. It has the consistency of body butter.

I love this lotion, I hope they never stop making it or change the formulation. I wish the company made a perfume bottle of this scent. Delicious, and sophisticated, and soft. Not overpowering or musky. Once you take a whiff you want to take a couple more :)

on 10/8/2014 8:46:00 PM

I got this lotion on a whim because it was on sale at the grocery store. I'm glad I did because I love it!

This is a pleasingly rich lotion with a smooth, thick texture, but sinks in with some rubbing. This makes my skin feel nicely plumped up and protected and very soft when it is fully absorbed. The fragrance is surprisingly sophisticated for a baby lotion. I think the sweet, smoky, nutty scent makes more sense on adults. It's also fairly strong and lingers nicely so it can be used in place of perfume or layered with a complementary fragrance (I'm thinking something soft and ambery or honeysuckle-jasmine-tuberose). I think the fragrance might be too strong for warm weather, but it will be the perfect skin scent as the days grow cooler.

I like the plain packaging and think the price is pretty damned good given the high quality ingredients. I would repurchase and recommend.