Trader Joe's Tea Tree Oil

Tea Tree Oil

4.6

on 5/2/2018 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Tea Tree oil has many great uses bc it is an anti fungal and can be used as an astringent but I use it mainly for acne on my face.When I started my natural skincare regimen Trader Joes was a great start due to availability and pricing. I have hyper pigmentation in my skin which means when I get pimple they leave deep purple marks even when I used salicylic acid. Benzoyl peroxide would work but it was so drying for my skin and took so long to work. If you have tried everything on the market in terns of chemicals, I would suggest giving this a shot. When I discovered tea tree oil it literally saved my face especially as an adult! When ever I see a pimple starting I simple dab some on w a q tip and it disappears overnight w no color marks!
I have since moved on to other brands of tea tree oil but Trader Joes still does in a pinch!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Tea tree oil is a definite staple for me as I use it in a homemade spritz that I put together as an all-purpose skin funk treatment. I use it to clear up a pesky skin rash that pops up every now and then that is similar to acne but will get infected if I leave it untreated. My husband uses this to prevent athlete’s foot. I mix about 1/2 oz. in a 3 oz. spray bottle and add about a tbsp. of glycerin (so the spritz isn’t so drying), about 1/2 oz. of unscented witch hazel, and fill it the rest of the way with distilled water. I always add other essential oils to help make the “moldy” smell of tea tree smell more pleasant, ylang ylang is my favorite, also others such as patchouli (love this in the summer!) lavendar (smells mediciny but adds a nice touch) geranium (to balance) and if the spritz is strictly for hubbie’s feet, he likes spearmint for the tingle on his feet & helps control foor odor.
I have also used this straight on pimples and cuts, and have mixed it with petrolaeum to use as a poutice on my dog’s boo-boos. I highly recommend you research tea tree on the internet before making the decison to use it because as with it or any essential oil, you can cause more harm than good if you use it improperly.
I also don’t speak specifically for this brand of tea tree oil, other than it is an inexpensive offering of the oil and Trader Joe’s is a stand up grocer.

This is the ONLY product that has 100% cleared my acne with the exception of the 4 months I used Accutane when I was in my early 20s. I can’t believe how effective this is! I use it morning and evening undiluted and over my moisturizer. The smell is strong, but it does fade quickly. I will never be without this.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

i must be the only person on the planet that uses tea tree oil and sees 0 benefits. my acne doesn't change, my scars don't change, my life doesn't change. my skin is annoying asf and weird. this just doesn't work for me.

Use this to treat nail fungus.
Spot treatment for acne.
I put a few drops in some water and use it in a spray bottle and spray on as body odor remover when I am camping and can't get in a whole shower. It kills the bacteria that makes my underarms stink.
It also seems to keep bugs from biting me. I used to be a mosquito magnet but not anymore.

on 4/28/2017 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

My MD told me to apply tea trea oil to the toenails on my big toes. The nails were looking sort of "off" like they were growing funny and lifting from the nail bed. Not a full on nail fungus but something bothering them. Long story short... I purchased this tea tree oil from Trader Joe's and started applying a drop on each toenail and massaging it in, each morning after my shower. My Doctor said to apply it when you get out of the shower, when the body can absorb the moisture from the shower and the tea tree. It worked! A few months later my toenails are normal again. My guy uses the tea tree on his face for fighting zits and oily skin. We are very happy with our tea tree!

on 4/14/2017 7:00:00 PM

Great price! Tea tree oil is a fantastic multi-use oil. Another great treat from TJ's.

on 6/19/2016 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This is my favorite tea tree oil. Why favorite? It's the same as any other, but it's much cheaper. That's why. I'm on like my 3rd bottle and these last a crazy long time.

Personally, I spot treat with it, but if you wanted to use it all over like an astringent, you have to dilute it heavily with witch hazel or similar. I'd say a good 10/1 ratio at least or even just add a few drops. You don't need much. But I use it full strength on pimples, popped or not, but only for a few days, as it will dry the skin around it and cause ashiness/flaking, especially around the mouth. I also find with any treatment that if you start to dry it out, and THEN try and pop it, it will be much more disasterous because the skin is tightening around it and also is more dry and sensitive. So be careful. I don't know how everyone else is doing it, but my pimples do NOT go down overnight with this, it takes me much much longer to have a pimple start to go away. So for those reasons, I do prefer using it after they've been extracted. It's not a miracle for me but I do keep going back to it/always have it on hand.

I also heavily advise against using this or any other active like BP if you are using a glycolic acid, retin A, or stron AHAs or enzymes. Be aware of your skin barrier because this is a strong oil.

And of course, it also has a million other uses but I stuck to the skin care ones.

on 6/18/2015 10:12:00 PM

I like using it for different ways like for my hair and skin. I talk about it more in my video along with other tea tree products you may like!

on 4/10/2016 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine

Switching from harsh chemical products I've used over the years to a more natural routine. I put this in everything that goes on my face! Sometimes it stings and tingles but my face is never red afterward like it is with BP or BHA products - excellent! I'm running out of my first bottle but definitely will continue to use tea tree oil as I feel it livens up my skin while battling acne or inflammation/irritation in an effective yet gentle fashion.

The bottle sucks. I purchased a dropper bottle to store this and add it to my other products as I use them.

Cool, a new HG product that's cheap, natural, and works!

Popular Treatments