Trader Joe's Tea Tree Oil

Trader Joe's Tea Tree Oil

4.8

Use this to treat nail fungus.
Spot treatment for acne.
I put a few drops in some water and use it in a spray bottle and spray on as body odor remover when I am camping and can't get in a whole shower. It kills the bacteria that makes my underarms stink.
It also seems to keep bugs from biting me. I used to be a mosquito magnet but not anymore.

on 4/28/2017 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

My MD told me to apply tea trea oil to the toenails on my big toes. The nails were looking sort of "off" like they were growing funny and lifting from the nail bed. Not a full on nail fungus but something bothering them. Long story short... I purchased this tea tree oil from Trader Joe's and started applying a drop on each toenail and massaging it in, each morning after my shower. My Doctor said to apply it when you get out of the shower, when the body can absorb the moisture from the shower and the tea tree. It worked! A few months later my toenails are normal again. My guy uses the tea tree on his face for fighting zits and oily skin. We are very happy with our tea tree!

on 4/14/2017 7:00:00 PM

Great price! Tea tree oil is a fantastic multi-use oil. Another great treat from TJ's.

on 6/19/2016 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This is my favorite tea tree oil. Why favorite? It's the same as any other, but it's much cheaper. That's why. I'm on like my 3rd bottle and these last a crazy long time.

Personally, I spot treat with it, but if you wanted to use it all over like an astringent, you have to dilute it heavily with witch hazel or similar. I'd say a good 10/1 ratio at least or even just add a few drops. You don't need much. But I use it full strength on pimples, popped or not, but only for a few days, as it will dry the skin around it and cause ashiness/flaking, especially around the mouth. I also find with any treatment that if you start to dry it out, and THEN try and pop it, it will be much more disasterous because the skin is tightening around it and also is more dry and sensitive. So be careful. I don't know how everyone else is doing it, but my pimples do NOT go down overnight with this, it takes me much much longer to have a pimple start to go away. So for those reasons, I do prefer using it after they've been extracted. It's not a miracle for me but I do keep going back to it/always have it on hand.

I also heavily advise against using this or any other active like BP if you are using a glycolic acid, retin A, or stron AHAs or enzymes. Be aware of your skin barrier because this is a strong oil.

And of course, it also has a million other uses but I stuck to the skin care ones.

on 4/10/2016 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine

Switching from harsh chemical products I've used over the years to a more natural routine. I put this in everything that goes on my face! Sometimes it stings and tingles but my face is never red afterward like it is with BP or BHA products - excellent! I'm running out of my first bottle but definitely will continue to use tea tree oil as I feel it livens up my skin while battling acne or inflammation/irritation in an effective yet gentle fashion.

The bottle sucks. I purchased a dropper bottle to store this and add it to my other products as I use them.

Cool, a new HG product that's cheap, natural, and works!

on 6/18/2015 10:12:00 PM

I like using it for different ways like for my hair and skin. I talk about it more in my video along with other tea tree products you may like!

on 7/11/2014 12:07:00 AM

Wow does this stuff work miracles! I'm newly pregnant and had a minor couple of hormonal bumps begin to appear on my chin and some microscopic but yucky-feeling under the skin bumps near my ears/jawline, as well. I usually have reasonably clear skin, but get mild, occasional acne here & there during AF - being pregged out, I was worried this could become monstrous, as happens with some women... Not everyone gets the glow! I bought myself a bottle of this gem for about $5 bucks on a whim and tried it out. Literally overnight, every single bump along my jawline disappeared completely, and the chin bumps were greatly reduced. No redness. Excitedly, I washed again and reapplied on my chin... Chin bumps gone by evening, just flaked away after the shower! This is not dumb luck, the stuff is a treasure! Run, don't walk, to buy this baby, worth it's weight in gold. Buy some Qtips to dip with since the bottle is old-school apothecary style with no filter or dropper. Awesome sauce! (Hint- dilute with water as suggested for sensitive skin, don't bother if your skin can roll with it or for extra strength on bigger bumps. I didn't dilute and it was no probs, just clear skin after!)

on 6/26/2014 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have horrible skin. THERE I SAID IT. It's got hyperpigmentation and scars and cystic acne and pores and UGH I HATE IT.

This stuff is a godsend. I dilute it and use it as a toner after washing my face. I also use it to spot treat any bumps I get. While it doesn't immediately get ride of pimples and the like, I feel like it speeds up the natural healing process without completely drying out the skin. The antibacterial properties are a nice bonus :)

If you're into "natural" makeup and skincare, I highly recommend. If you're into treatments and the like for blemishes, I highly recommend. If you're into better skin, I highly recommend.

on 7/2/2013 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have very, VERY oily, very acne-prone, and sadly damaged skin from over a decade of battling acne. Believe me when I say I've tried every over-the-counter and prescription medication on the market, but this tea tree oil is THE most effective spot treatment I have ever used. When I had the worst breakout of my life last winter (ANGRY RED, cystic acne all over my cheeks/chin/jaws so bad I couldn't be seen in public for 3 weeks), and when I started breaking out on my chest and arms, I started using this. A tiny bit on a q-tip dabbed straight from the bottle (no diluting) directly onto the blemish and it will either be gone or completely reduced in size and redness by morning. The regimen that I finally came up with, which started the first true turnaround for my skin in 10 years (I've had acne since I was 9):

-Wash face with Original Noxzema. I rub it onto my dry face, let it sit until all the white is absorbed, and wash it off with warm water.

-apply tea tree oil directly onto blemishes.

-Apply a very neutral moisturizer (like cetaphil)

My skin is NOT sensitive, it can take a lot. I only recommend using it undiluted if you can say the same for yourself.This stuff is magic. The pretty glass bottle is a plus too.
(Note: I've used a bottle and a half so far, will probably keep buying for the rest of my life. It's also very good to apply to a popped pimple because of its antibacterial properties, and it will keep the infection from spreading.)

Tea Tree oil is the only thing that has ever been a foolproof solution to my acne, even as a thirteen year old with raging hormones. All I need is a Q-Tip and clean face. Dab some on the zit and by morning it's gone, or at the very least, a lot less pissed off. I'll probably never use anything else as a spot treatment again.

Popular Treatments