4.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

This reminds me of a hyped version of China Glaze "Fairy Dust." It has that same shimmer and halo but has matte white hexes and looks a tiny bit different. It's so pretty and subtle. Looks nice over drabby neutrals and even dark polishes look stunning with this added. This is also great over a French manicure, it just adds something to it that it normally would lack. To those people I have heard saying this is a bad polish and sheer, etc. It's never meant to be a stand-alone polish. It's a glitter topper and its meant to be subtle. It's from the Ballet Collection, which has all sheer and delicate colors and finishes. So if that's not your thing, pass.

About reviewer (1214 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

6 years ago

I have only recently begun to use nail polish again. This was sent to me by mistake, since I I NEVER thought that I would be a glitter type of polish wearer. I could have retuned it but decided to play instead. What a surprise! I love using this just on my nail tips. It really adds something! Now I am looking for other glitters with very small hexes. I'm still not too big on the bars and large sized glitters, but this one is a winner, and it was a happy mistake to have received it!

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Curly, Fine

6 years ago

This is a wonderful top coat that gives any manicure a second life! Love the mix of sizes with the glitter, though the bigger chunks need to be shaken off the bottom every time you use it. The silver color matches pretty much everything. Th formula is nice, though it requires some finessing to get an even distribution of glitter (I usually put a really glittery glob on my nail and THEN spread it, going both down to the nail tip and then back up to the bed). I gave it one lippy off because though I really, really like it, I don't lust after wearing this color for it's own sake usually. I usually use it to breathe some new life into my current manicure.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlack

6 years ago

If you only want one layering glitter in your nail polish arsenal, pick this one. It looks great over a variety of colors and finishes. The big hexes can sink to the bottom, but I get around this by turning the bottle upside down for a minute before using. It's very pretty.

About reviewer (324 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Kinky, Medium

6 years ago

I'm wearing this for the first time over top of OPI In My Santa Suit for New Years and really love it! I was going to do just my accent nails with it, but loved how it looks so much, that i used Pirouette My Whistle over top all of my nails. I can see this looking beautiful over top of a lot of different colors.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

6 years ago

I put this on an hour ago and thought: "I MUST finally review this!". I go on here, and someone have just done it - no searching necessary! ;D . I really like this nail polish: I think it doesn't look like anything special in the bottle: there are silver glitters. OK... When you put this on the nail, it is gorgeous! It has TINY round glitter and very small hexagons - quite different from the regular ordinary-sized round silver glitter (but it's not unique: other brands DO have polishes with the same types of glitter). When I apply this I can actually kinda control the amount of each type of glitter. If I hold the brush in a regular 45 degree angle on my nail, I get mostly the tiny round glitter, If I lie the brush flat against the nail, I get more hexagons out. And as the previous reviewer said: don't forget to turn the bottle upside down a few times because the hexagons tend to sink to the bottom . This really is a polish it's better to layer than wear by itself. I like to wear mine over red or dark colours :) Perfect around Christmas time when the previous polish begin to flake a little, but with the glitter, no one notice ;) . I'm pretty sure this is one of those polishes I will buy again: it has the perfect amount of glitter for layering, it looks more interesting because the glitter is tiny, it is very easy to use, I love that the OPI bottles have a flat brush and not a round, this polish can be used as a top coat, it dries fast and gives a very nice shiny, sparkly finish. Sometimes I would like to see a matte polish over this - it would likely give an interesting result :) I definitely recommend this nail polish, especially around this time of year - this can transform any nail polish into a more festive nail polish :)

About reviewer (567 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

6 years ago

Pirouette My Whistle is a gorgeous glitter topper from the NYC Ballet SoftShades collection released for spring 2012. It is still widely available and I picked this up with a grocery run at HEB. In the bottle it looks interesting enough, but when you get this on it really comes to life. This has tiny silver microglitters and small frosty silvery white round glitters suspended in a clear base giving this the appearance of snowflakes or raindrops. This is a sophisticated grown up glitter with style. This isn't your teenaged daughter's glitter. I tipped this upside down for a few minutes before application as the glitters had settled in the bottom of the bottle. Application with this was a breeze and I simply painted it on like I would a regular creme polish and there is a good distribution of the tiny silver glitters and a fair distribution of the larger white circles. All the nails ended up with a nice snowy look and the nail with the least white glitters has 3 and the one with the most has 11 pieces. I am delighted with how this turned out and the distribution of the larger glitters. I did not place any of them and this required no fishing at all. This is definitely a layering polish and not meant for building up to a glitter bomb. This is a really pretty grown up glitter. It has enough sparkle and shimmer to be called a glitter but not in a flashy in your face manner. I used this over My Pointe Exactly, a sheer dove grey jelly from the same collection for an icy wintery mani and this has just the right amount of sparkle and glitz. I've also seen this swatched over You Callin' Me A Lyre?, a sheer pink as well as over Care To Danse?, a sheer lavendar, and even over a solid black creme and it is really beautiful over all of them. This is a beautiful wintery manicure and I am loving it!

About reviewer (442 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

7 years ago

This is really pretty. Although I don't usually like OPI polishes as they dry too fast (before I've managed to finish the nail in painting!) I only use this as a top coat so it's a quick sweep over at the end. It is a clear base with small pieces of silver glitter and large pieces of opalescent shimmer in it. It is a much more subtle version of Crown Me Already.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Kinky, Fine

from

7 years ago

Pirouette My Whistle is very grownup and subtle glitter polish. It has small silver glitters and few larger pale silver hexagons in clear base. It is quite boring and even bit ugly on its own, but perfect over any other polish. It also has very good staying power and my manicure will stay chip free longer, when I use this as top coat. I love glitters, but can't wear anything too crazy at work. This is perfect compromise as it is not too obvious, but adds extra spark on my manicure.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

7 years ago

Pirouette my whistle is a gorgeous silver glitter from the new York city ballet collection. It can be worn on it's own or over many other polishes. It has looked gorgeous over all the combinations I have tried so far... For example over my pointe exactly (a light milky grey also from the NYC ballet collection), do you lilac it?, got a date to-knight, alpine snow, bubble bath, gargantuan green grape etc! I'm also going to try it over done darker colors as others have suggested :) easy to apply and remove. Absolutely oerfect glitter polish if you want something more subtle compared to say... Glitter from the muppets collection, which I also love! Just depends on my mood :)

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age19-24