Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Shading Brush

4.6

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I just got this brush in the Eye Enhanced set and while that whole set is amazing, makeup alley hasn't created a separate page for it yet, so here I am. This little shading brush is the best brush for packing eyeshadow on the lid that I have ever used; the effect, the efficiency and little to no amount of fallout I get using this brush is on par with using my finger, which is the best way to pop that brightest shimmery/metallic shadow in the middle of the or smudge shadow along the lower lash line. It's really really rare for me to find a brush that is the perfect size, density and shape for my small, hooded Asian eyes. Usually, I'm not very fond of the bristles on Real Techniques brushes on my face, my skin is very textured and sensitive, they feel really pokey and scratchy, even though I love how they pick up and deposit products on the skin, especially how the denser brushes work with cream products. I was afraid that the eye brushes would be too rough as well, but that wasn't the case at all. All the brushes are soft and feel so gentle on the eyes, and this one is no different. I have the elf eyeshadow C brush which is said to be very similar to this but they're simply not the same. Try this one, you won't regret it.
I'm dying to get another one, it would be great if I could get in with the Eye Enhanced set again, since I love that whole set, but I don't mind getting several more of it on its own, because God knows I'm too lazy to clean my brushes. I highly recommend this if you're Asian and have small eyes.
Update: love it so much, I got a whole other Enhanced Eyes set. Now that I have two of them I want a third. Fantastic little brush, fantastic set as a whole, no regrets whatsoever.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I really like Real Technique brushes but was disappointed with this shading brush. It does not pick up eye shadow very good at all and offers no precision with application of eye shadow. I went back to my Bare Minerals eye shadow brushes and Ulta eye shadow brushes.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The perfect tiny brush to pack on eyeshadow for a very precise application. I was looking for a prefect brush for that purpose for packing on my eyeshadow. Love this brush! I brought it for only 5.50 at walmart! Cant beat that! This brush has amazing quality! Just like my mac brushes. Amazing

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this to pack on eye shadow to intensify my look. It is dense and picks up quite a lot of product. It washes well, doesn't shed and dries quickly. It doesn't stain, even after having used it with cream eye shadow. I apply shadow on the lid with this brush, blend shadow with base shadow brush and blend overall eye look with deluxe crease brush, all from the RT line. Recommended.

I had the lighter purple handled shading brush and had to replace it after bristles were coming out. I had it a couple of years and it was dense and soft. I recently bought the reformulated shading brush with the bright purple handle. It is nowhere as nice as the old brush. It is not dense. I don't know what they did when they redid the brushes but I prefer the old brush better. I wouldn't repurchase because I feel the quality has gone downhill in the fact that it's not as dense as the older brush. I will still use this brush until it starts loosing its bristles. I use it to apply highlight on my brow bone.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this little handy brush and use it for laying eyeshadow on the lid. It isn't a detailer brush but it has a purpose. I bought it after I got the set. I think it should have been in the set but we can't always have our cake and eat it too. It is soft, dense and gets the job done. I have washed it numerous times and have had no issue with bristles falling out. It has a good weight and length. Best of all it is affordable.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I think I have found my HG eyeshadow brush. After using various eye shadow brushes from the likes of MAC, Bobbi Brown and Laura Merceir, as well as cheaper versions from the Body Shop (the old natural wood range I had a liking too), I decided to try this brush on a whim as I find I need quite a few eyeshadow brushes to accommodate the different colour eyeshadows I wear each day. Well today I used this brush with 2 of Bobbi Brown's eyeshadows and wow. I had zero fallout and the most perfect eyeshadow application ever. I would even go so far as to say that my eyeshadow has lasted much better than it normally does and I can attribute it to this little brush. I can honestly say that I cannot fault this product and I will be recommending it to all those who are seeking eyeshadow brush recommendations.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This brush has become a go to brush for me in my everyday routine. Whenever I need a light wash of color I can use this brush to quickly apply it. The size of the brush is very small and if I need more precision for when I want to put highlight in my inner corner or darken up my eyes without going over board. I have a lot of eyelid space and I think it would work a bit better if I had smaller lids but it is a good enough brush to make me over look that. It really allows me to control how much product I apply and where I apply it to. I recommend this for sure if you have smaller eyelids because it will make it easier to apply shadows. The bristles to me are pretty soft and I haven't had any shedding with it either. Plus it isn't too expensive so that is even better.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have small Asian eyes with not a lot of lid space, and this is the first shading brush that I've found easy to use. It's great for more precise placement across the lid while not being so small to the point where it takes too long to do my eye makeup. I use mainly loose indie eyeshadow where the best results are achieved by patting the eyeshadow on instead of swiping, and this brush works well for the purpose. I tap off excess product, and rarely encounter any fallout when I'm applying. I've had this brush for several months and haven't experience any shedding, decrease in softness, or any misshapen bristles.

Overall, this is a great shading brush that is dense enough to pack on color while being small enough to easily navigate even on limited lid space.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I rate this brush just as highly as all of my MAC eye brushes. I bought it on a whim for about $15 while purchasing the Expert Face brush and it's been amazing! It really picks up the product and packs it on to your lid, doesn't drop anything and makes precision a breeze. It feels incredibly soft as well and the handle on it is the perfect length, I honestly couldn't be happier and can't recommend this brush enough. I don't know why I was so hesitant to purchase anything by real techniques, they're my new go to!

Popular Makeup Brushes