Avalon Organics Brilliant Balance Cleansing Gel with Lavender

Avalon Organics Brilliant Balance Cleansing Gel with Lavender

4.2

Not tested on animals

Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice(1), Aqua (Water) , Coco-Glucoside, Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Decyl Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Sorbitol, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil(1), Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Rosa Canina Seed Oil(1), Arnica Montana Flower Extract(1), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract(1), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract(1), Chenopodium Quinoa Seed(1), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Seed Extract(1), Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Rhizome/Root(1), Lactobacillus Ferment Lysate(2), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract(1), Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate(2), Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract(1), Saccharomyces/Xylinum/Black Tea Ferment(1), Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Citric Acid, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Cocoyl Threoninate, Sodium Sulfate, Alcohol(1), Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Coumarin, Limonene, Linalool. (1)Certified Organic Ingredient. (2)Prebiotic.

on 3/22/2019 10:11:00 AM

Fantastic gel cleanser with a therapeutic scent of lavender! Texture wise it is clear gel like and foams pretty easily upon contact with water. I have combination oily skin and live in the humid South EAST Asian weather so I do not find this drying at all. It cleanses thoroughly without stripping off skins moisture levels. Great value for money when you purchase it via iherb! Will try the other range once I run out of this

on 4/29/2018 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I won't lie, a major reason why I purchased this cleanser was the phenomenal scent; if you care about the smell of lavender at all you'll be hooked. Furthermore it doesn't contain harsh foaming agents, additional perfume or coloring ingredients. The addition of natural extracts and prebiotics along with the friendly pricetag don't hurt either.

I've been using it in the morning and as a second cleanser after removing makeup at night. Leaves my skin fresh and clear, also works as aromatherapy too. I can't say that I find it drying but I follow immediately with rosewater mist, booster, serum and moisturizer.

Now the only point that frustrates me sometimes is that you REALLY need to rinse off very thoroughly and use a tiny amount of gel as it tends to cling on the skin. I have to splash about 20 or more times more than an average cleanser or it will start foaming when I apply the booster (I use Mineral 89 by Vichy) and then I have to start rinsing all over again.

Apart from that it's love.

on 2/10/2018 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Muuuuuuch much much too drying for my skin. I remember my skin looking red once I'd be done washing my face, and the skin of my neck started developing this weird, bumpy, dried texture after using it for a few weeks. Switched over to another organic face wash and it immediately resolved it. It really didn't do much for my oily skin either, so I'll definitely pass.

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I am a big fan of organic and plant-based products. Because I have acne-prone skin, it's important to use products that don't have added chemicals that irritate my skin. Using harsh products on acne-prone skin causes it to react and breakout even more.

I have been using this cleanser for over a year now because it is my all-in-one "take the day off and feel refreshed" cleanser. The fact that it is a gel cleanser is important for my oily skin type. (You want to go with "cream" cleansers if you're dry, and "gel" cleansers if you're oily). This cleanser leaves my skin clean and looking vibrant instantly after cleansing.

This is great for washing away makeup, oil and dirt. It lathers very nicely, and a little can go a long way. (But, if it gets in your eyes, it does sting a little bit so make sure to use an eye-makeup remover after washing your face). The lavender scent from Avalon products is very distinct. I really like the smell! I'm a big lavender fan, especially in this cleanser. It's just perfect. It's very calming for stressed and inflamed skin.

This product is not indented to clear up acne, but if you have acne-prone skin, this product will help calm it and help keep in glowing After using this face wash, my skin looks glowy and feels so clean and refreshed! I will continue to buy this at my local health foods market.

I am sad to see only 2 other reviews of this product. Definitely try this out if you're interested. Chances are, you'll like it! :)

on 7/20/2012 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love the smell of lavender, and that was my main reason for purchasing this product. The fact that it is a natural/organic product is just an added bonus. It's an excellent cleanser, but no surprise, lavender has been used since ancient times as a cleanser. I took away one star only because it's just a tad drying, and it's kind of a small bottle for $10.

on 4/16/2012 6:29:00 PM

A great facial cleanser for those looking for natural products! It has a distinct lavender scent, so take note of this if you're not that much of a lavender fan (with lavender I can take it or leave it, not that affected really). It's a foamy lather, and really cleans the skin well! It didn't irritate my sensitive skin or give me any clogged pores (and most products do that to me, so it's really great!). I would re-purchase if I couldn't find any other natural cleansers to try, and would definitely recommend it to others!