L'Oreal Infallible - Amber Rush

L'Oreal Infallible - Amber Rush
Infallible - Amber RushInfallible - Amber RushInfallible - Amber Rush

4.7

Cyclohexasiloxane, Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Nylon-611/Dimethicone Copolymer, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, alcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol,Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Talc, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Lauroyl Lysine, Tin Oxide, Alumina, Polyurethane-11, [+/- May Contain / Peut Contenir: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77947 / Zinc Oxide, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake,CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake]

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Love this eye shadow! Its becoming my HG and a go to for everyday wear. You can build it up to intense or go for a more settle look. A rosy golden color almost. perfect for fall or winter. But I'll wear it all year round. Thinking about getting backups because I love it that much.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a beautiful color. looks rose gold on my skin/ kinda orangey.
great quality, I have had it for a few years now and it still has the same texture it has not dried.
I recommend any shade from this line.

To Read all 87 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Beautiful shade, though I wouldn't call it copper or the same color as a penny as some do. It's a nice rose gold sheen on your eyelids. When I purchased it, I casually swept some on without primer or anything and 12 hours later, it was still there, uncreased and in perfect condition.

Just today, a hot day in Southern California reaching 100 degrees, and where I was sweating from morning to midnight, I applied it, went out to eat, took the dog for a walk with a bit of running thrown in for good measure, and came back feeling soaked in my own sweat. The wet n wild eyeshadow which so many rave about and which I had put in my crease and outer corner had worn off as if it never existed. This eyeshadow was perfect.

It also, although applied at different times, seems to outlast maybelline color tattoo which has long been lauded for its longevity.

I found it can be a bit unpigmented when using a brush, but I'm no expert at eyeshadow application. As in, I suck at it. I actually like to use this eyeshadow with my fingers.

It's basically as expensive as you can get with drugstore eyeshadow, but it's so gorgeous and perfect that it may be the only eyeshadow I ever buy again.

Gorgeous color! I picked this up because of all the hype online, and I have to say I'm not disappointed at all. Amber rush is a rose gold color; it's similar to UD's sidecar and toasted. So if you like those shades, then you would also enjoy this. The lasting power is definitely good; when I was trying to wash off my swatch, all the UD eyeshadows washed off easily, but this just doesn't budge with regular soap and water.

on 7/19/2016 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Gorgeous color, great staying power. The product could be appropriate for day or night looks. It is neutral but amped up and a bit more special than a usual neutral. It is shimmery and well pigmented but not over the top. It does not crease or flake. Love it.

on 7/15/2016 4:36:00 PM

The price isn't like the most budget friendly thing in the world but this product does its job well and the color continues to make me like stop and stare. It is so beautiful and stays put and I am in love. Currently my go to for autumnal or winter looks.

on 7/13/2016 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

These little gems are incredibly good! I would never think that a drugstore eyeshadow can be so heavily pigmented, perform so well, be this beautiful on the skin, stay on all day. There is no creasing with a primer, but I never wear eyeshadow without one, so I can't comment on the sans-primer wear. This shadow looks extremely well foiled if applied by finger, or it looks more subdued metallic if applied by a small flat shader brush. Do patting motion to apply, to achieve a brightest shiniest foiled look.
After trying Amber Rush I started collecting other colors. They perform alot better than Maybelline Cream (color tattoo) shadows. Those crease line crazy on me, and Loreal pigments do not. So the other day I made a look incorporating my beloved Tartelette in bloom palette (the warm bottom row) to create a warm soft smoky look, I put the Amber Rush all over the lid, and the look came out so beautiful, very flattering, work and weekend appropriate. I got several random people compliment me on my eye makeup that day. I can predict, that I'll be a Loreal Infallible pigment hoarder. :-)

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This eyeshadow is so stunning. I can just tap my finger in it and get enough pigment to get a foil-like highlight on my lids and inner corner for any look. No flaking, extremely slight creasing after 8+ hours of wear (which is typical; I have oily lids), and it is a very flattering shade. It's a new favorite of mine.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is decent. It is a pretty shade. I have heard or read that it is a dupe for Mac Tan Pigment. I do not own Mac Tan Pigment so I can not vouch one way or the other, but just wanted to add that, as I know many people like dupes.

This is a shade that I think many skin tones and eye colors could wear. Great as a one-shadow look. Can build up or use as a gentle sweep or wash of color. I also think this is a great year-round color, particularly in the Summer and Fall. Can definitely add other shades for a more dramatic look. So, in that respect, it is very versatile!! . In a pinch I have even just used my fingertip, because I know it does not last all day anyway; and it gives me just a nice little touch of color and makes my eyes look 'alive'.

However, having said all of that, it is just not something that I reach for often. For me, this creases easily and quickly and fades quickly (no matter what primer I have paired with this). I should note that I have hooded and older eyelids (I am 45 years old), but still, that is how it wears on me. So I felt it was worth noting.

I also am not a fan of loose shadows. However, having said THAT, I will say that I really do not get any fallout with this, which is very nice. One final note - this irritates my eyes, and I do not wear contact lenses, thank goodness, or that may be a real problem. So I guess maybe there is fallout, but at least not on my cheeks...lol.

So those are the reasons that I keep this, but do not reach for it often. It is a pretty shade, but does have it's drawbacks, at least for me. If I am just going for coffee with or somewhere that I will only be an hour or two, this is great; but if I need a shadow with all day staying power that behaves nicely, this is a no-go for me. But still it is pretty enough and easy enough to use to keep. One other note is I have had this for gosh, 3 or 4 years, and it barely looks used at all (and I have used this!!), so you do get a lot of product for your money, I feel.

It is a pretty and a versatile shade, just, for me, it just creases and wears off too easily, and after an hour or two it irritates my eyes (again, I do not wear contacts). So, this is not a regretful purchase by any means but it is just not something that I go 'I have to get that again!' Also I am just not a fan of loose products, although that aspect did not factor into my rating at all, that is just a personal preference, but just another reason I won't re-purchase.

on 3/11/2016 11:59:00 AM

i dont get the beautiful rose gold everyone else raves about. For reference i'm neutral leaning warm, so i was surprised this didn't work for me as i usually gravitate towards golds/browns/bronzes. But this color just didn't work for me, its almost straight orange, just too intense. Even tried pairing it with other shades, just no. Purge pile it goes.

I generally enjoy the cream infallible eyeshadows, the formula is great.