The Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Gel

No Image

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

this Saved me when my skin was breaking out before my period lmao

Don't usually get acne but occasionally will get one spot, as soon as I see a slight bump or redness I put it on and it doesn't progress any further if I have a pimple I put this on and it calms it down and it goes away. It's awesoem

on 6/10/2016 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Let me just begin by saying that I am a HUGE fan of the the body shop and more than half of my skincare products are from there. It could easily be my favourite shop. So naturally I had expectations for this product and hoped it would perform well.

Most products do at least something, however - this did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to my pimples. I have used it for three weeks now, which I believe is enough time to try the product. My pimples were just the same and it did not even reduce the redness or soreness, or anything! I tried applying it several times a day but even that had no effect.

Also, for the price (which was roughly 10$) I am quite annoyed it was just as useful as putting nothing on. My pimples did not shrink or dry out even after applying this product - as I said before - several times a day for multiple days.

Hugely disappointed. Fortunately enough, it did not burn or irritate my skin or cause any more breakouts, but even now I cannot believe how useless this product is. I have many of their tea tree range products and love them but this is just... Ugh. You're better off at least buying their tea tree oil on its own, I bet it would do more than this gel thing.

on 7/1/2015 10:54:00 PM

This is good for minor small pimples it calms the spot down without over drying or irritation the skin. The only con its expensive $10 for the amount you get only last 2 weeks because it dries out and you can't get all the product out. I did add a couple drops of tea tree oil to the tube to get the rest of the product out making its work even better, but it turns the product slight white and more liquidy now it doesn't dry down so can't use it undermakeup. You only get about 5 more uses. It's the added glycerin and honey that makes it a gel texture. It not strong enough for large pimples. I would repurchase if it came in a larger amount and did not dry out so fast.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm really amazed at the bad reviews on this product! I've been having a lot of breakouts lately and the only thing I found that really worked was tea tree oil. But even with my oily skin, I found tea tree oil to be extremely drying where I applied it - leaving super dry spots that are impossible to cover up with concealer or foundation. When I saw that The Body Shop made a "gel" I was really hoping it would do the same thing as tea tree oil but be more moisturizing and it was exactly what I expected. I dab it right on the spot and my blemishes disappear with no dry spots whatsoever! No product ever worked overnight where I woke up and my blemish was gone but this stuff took the soreness and redness out of my pimple after one use. After using it 2 nights in a row, my blemish is usually completely vanished and dried up...again with no dryness around the area. I also find this product great for preventative break outs - if I feel a pimple coming out I apply it on the area and it stops it dead in its tracks!!

The doe-foot applicator is convenient instead of having to use a q-tip every time to apply the tea tree oil. I don't find the scent of this gel as strong as the actual tea tree oil which is also good. I got this on a really good sale, but I love it so much that I would definitely repurchase at full price when I run out. Don't let the bad reviews fool you...this product is great!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I loved this product when I first bought it, and it was fairly inexpensive. Worked well for about 2 weeks, definitely noticed a difference with my skin, then after about 2.5 weeks I noticed it was harder to get the actual product out of the packaging and after 3 weeks it had completely dried out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this blemish gel in combination with plain Tea Tree Oil. While the application of this product is easier, the Tea Tree Oil appears to work better.

on 4/15/2012 6:20:00 PM

I recently purchased this at Sephora and it was about $9, I tried it out and it worked fantastic! I was fooled that it didnt work when it was my moisturizer that broke me out. :( Anyway, the only reason I returned it was because it dried out and I could barely get anything out after a few weeks. But I will soon repurchase this!!