Buxom Full-On Lip Cream - White Russian

Buxom Full-On Lip Cream - White Russian
Full-On Lip Cream - White RussianFull-On Lip Cream - White RussianFull-On Lip Cream - White RussianFull-On Lip Cream - White Russian

4.3

Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Menthone Glycerin Acetal, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Octyldodecanol, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Benzyl Benzoate, Flavor (Aroma), Tribehenin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Bht, Sodium Saccharin, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Retinyl Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hexylene Glycol, Benzyl Alcohol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Carmine (Ci 75470). ( /-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 33 Lake (Ci 17200), Red 30 Lake (Ci 73360), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410)

on 5/16/2018 5:08:00 PM

I received a sample of Buxom's Full On Lip Cream in White Russian and I ran out of within 2 weeks so of course I HAD to purchase a full size! This lipgloss in fantastic, I just love it. It's a beautiful pale milky pink that yes, is nice on it's own, but it's even more amazing layered on top of either a lip liner or a lipstick. It's a nice way to transform a matte lipstick that might be a bit too drying for you into a pretty glossy lip. MAC's Boy Bait used to be my go to lipgloss for this very purpose (and I still love it!) but White Russian is a little more pink while Boy Bait has more yellow undertones so I use them to cover different lipstick shades.

I don't mind the staying power....it's a typical gloss so yeah, you'll have to reapply every couple of hours or so. That doesn't bother me, it's to be expected if you want to keep a glossy lip look throughout the day. The smell is great and I love the minty tingle on my lips that doesn hurt.

Overall, it doesn't plump much, it's a teeny bit sticky and the lasting power isn't the best but I'm willing to put up with all that becaue of the color and consistency and that the pros far outweight the cons. LOVE!!!!

on 4/21/2018 10:35:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Formula isn't bad at all, same as all Buxom glosses. It tingles, plumps, is sticky and lasts a fairly long amount of time for a gloss. The shade on this one just didn't work for me. Way too milky and weird looking on me. Ended up being oddly uneven, like a milky border of gloss lining the outer edge of my lips. Would not repurchase.

HG!!! This is perfect. You can't buy much decent for less than much under ~$20 anyways. I don't like alcoholic beverages but cute name & cute color a milky pink Beige. Not really opaque but makes my lips really s h i n y! The tingle rocks it lasts for ages I love it. Buxom Anna is my other HG (noooo it's not my real name in case wondering!) this is v. similar to MAC Boy Bait & MAC Fashion Whim lipglasses but they don't tingle. This is also quite similar to the Dior plumping gloss in 01 Pink. Quite possibly the only lipgloss I need in my purse!

on 6/15/2017 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I received a free sample of this. While I am not a fan of glosses I thought I would give this a shot. Firstly, the gloss smells amazing and tingles on the lips after it is applied. Unfortunately, the gloss does not last especially long. It also costs $20 for a very small tube. There are larger tubes for lower cost and if I were to invest in a lip gloss it would probably be one of those.

on 5/11/2017 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

A very pretty milky pink gloss, no shimmer or glitter, but is very shiny and a nice topper for lipstick. It really doesn't give much color to the lips. It's not particularly sticky either. There is a tingle, although I can't really see any improvement in the actual plumpness of my lips. The smell is amazing (no taste that I've noticed), a very vanilla/cake-like scent like so many other products but the difference is it doesn't smell artificial like those do (MAC lipstick, i'm looking at you now). Unfortunately, i wore this for several hours one night and at the end of the night, i had several large red patchy sores on my lips that took several days to heal, and it was definitely this gloss that did it, so I can't recommend it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My go to everyday lipgloss. I absolutely love this. its perfect to laying over lipstick or wear alone

on 1/17/2017 2:06:00 PM

This is a perfect color for that pillowy, glossy nude lip. It's not totally opaque, but has more color than similar products - it definitely lightens my pigmented lips. I like the packaging, I like the scent, I like the texture and wear time. I don't mind the tingle. BUT this lip gloss dries the ever loving s out of my lips. The end result is a shriveled, pale, slightly glossy lip which is...not what I was going for.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Gorgeous nude! Perfection!

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is one of my HG lipglosses, I reach for it all the time. The colour is a beautiful pale nude/pink shade that doesn't look milky or wash me out (I'm NC20-25 for reference). There is a slight tingling sensation which I don't mind, I actually find it a lot more tame than my other lip plumpers. It adds fullness and keeps lips smooth and hydrated. My lips are not irritated or dry after using this. It lasts about 3-4 hours before I need to reapply. Plus it smells like vanilla. Definitely recommend!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

In my opinion, Buxom is probably the most underrated brand at Sephora/Ulta.. I have several products by them and find that they are all flattering, good quality, smell great and last a long time.
Even though there's a movement toward the matte lip look going on right now, I will always love a good nude lipgloss to finish off a look. I find myself coming back to White Russian because, as another reviewer commented, it looks amazing over just about any lipstick in the nude or pink family.
The color is a pale, somewhat milky peachy pink, that doesn't go on "corpse pale". It is semi-sheer and very glossy. The formula is not sticky and lasts a decent length of time.
The smell is very pleasant, like vanilla, and there is a slight tingling which may or may not make lips appear bigger. I haven't noticed that, but that wasn't the reason I bought this anyways.
As someone who loves nude and pink lipsticks I know I will always have a place for this gloss, but it's beautiful on its own as well. The price isn't low but you do get a large tube that lasts a while, and I feel like the good quality and wearability of this gloss make the purchase well worth it.