Buxom Full On Lip Cream (formerly Big and Healthy Lip Cream) - White Russian

image 1image 2image 3

4.3

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This does not tingle for me like some of the Buxom glosses, but the tingle is still definitely there. However, the shade is so stunning, so flattering, that I am willing to 'suffer' with the tingling sensation. Makes my lips look a little 'luscious' without looking like I am 'trying too hard'. I think many skin tones could wear this shade, and I think it is fine for a year-round shade, and I think this is also great for tossing on when you just don't know what to wear. I think this goes with many eye makeup looks, from natural to a smokey eye. If you do not like tingling or minty lip products, this may not be your thing. Wear time is not the greatest, but this type of lip product I only ever get a couple hours of wear time, anyway. Application is smooth and easy. It is very pretty, very flattering, and 'easy' enough that I would repurchase (even though I am not a fan of tingling or minty lip products).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love this lip gloss and I'm usually not a lip gloss kind of girl. White Russian is a beautiful light milky pink color that looks great topped over any nude lipstick or even on its on. I especially love putting this on top of MACs creme d nude and blankety. Haven't really noticed it plumping up my lips when I wear it but it leaves a nice cooling sensation that never burns and lasts quite awhile. Unlikely some glosses this one is not too sticky which I can apperciate, you can feel it on your lips but it feels nice and comfortable on and it lasts a good amount of time. First Buxom lip gloss of mine and I have already purchased another one and can for see adding more to my collection.

To Read all 42 Reviews, Login or Join

Best lipgloss I've ever used. I've been buying White Russian for at least 4 years now as go-to for color, texture, and longevity. It lasts well over 5-6 hours on me while at work while I'm constantly talking and running around. It's cooling and feels so comfortable on my lips, it actually leaves my lips feeling slightly moisturized which I've never experienced in any other lipgloss.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The whole line of Buxom products are great and the only difference I notice in each of the glosses are their color. These are the most long wearing, softly pigmented plumping glosses. The gloss feels thick and sticky but it is due to the fact it is so long wearing. Also, the plumping effect does not go away whilst you wear it, but the tingly feeling does dissipate within an hour. I wouldn't compare it to a colored ``balmy`` lip gloss because it doesn't feel lightweight or that moisturizing. This product does what it claims it does, but does not have lip care benefits, its a true makeup only purpose. The buxom lip glosses smell truly amazing, if you like a soft and sweet vanilla scent then you will love these. Lastly the color White Russian is the most flattering nude, from what I've seen it looks so good on everyone. Not too pale, nor too dark, this is a color that is great on its on or over many many shades of lipstick.

I second everything the last reviewer said. I love the look of this lipgloss, the color, and the texture. It's silky and not at all sticky. But man alive, it tingles way too much. I don't even like a slight tingle because this is always a sign of irritating and potentially drying ingredients, but this gloss really takes the intensity up to eleven. Usually a tingling lip gloss can only be felt for a few minutes, but this lingers for as long as the product is still on your lips. They feel almost numbed or frozen. Very weird and intense. I hoped the effect would fade but it's not, and I hate it.

A friend gave this to me because it was too much for her, so I can't return it. I'll be chucking it. This kind of sensation is bad news for your lips.

on 10/31/2015 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The color and texture of this gloss gets a 5, but the formula gets 1. I read that Buxom has a lip gloss formula without the tingling effect, and I thought it was the lip creams, but it's the one called "full-bodied." Anyway, I bought White Russian thinking it was a different formula, but unfortunately, it's not.

The color is a gorgeous pinky-nude; I'm very fair and colors like this usually look clear on my lips, but this one is pigmented, and looks beautiful. This would be HG for me, but the formula is so strong, my lips feel like they've been burned by dry ice. It's awful, and the feeling lasts forever. I must be allergic, because obviously this doesn't bother most people, but it's too much for me too handle. This is the second Buxom lipgloss I've tried, and unfortunately, it will be the last.

LOVE this product! Absolute staple in my make-up collection. it's a pricey lipgloss but I don't mind putting out the money for this one. The tingle is icy cool-vanilla-mint, you get every drop of product out of this gloss- no idea how but the tube is always completely empty. GORGEOUS colour, and continues to look nice as it wears off as well.

Edit: For people complaining about the sting.. It's a tingling lip gloss, if you don't like a plumping lip gloss then do not buy this. Please don't down-rate this gem.

on 10/10/2015 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the perfect pink for a darker eye look. It is a very sexy whitish pink color on the cool side of the spectrum that is very 1960s. It doesn't plump, but then again, I've never found a product that plumps, so I expect this. I like the fact that it is more opaque because it gives it a modish vibe. SUPER SEXY!

on 6/26/2015 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I actually purchased my Lip Cream in the shade Bellini, but I couldn't find that one on MakeupAlley so I'm writing my review here. This lip gloss is FANTASTIC! It has a thick consistency, but is by no means sticky. You will definitely feel a plumping and cooling sensation when you wear this, but it isn't so intense that it becomes uncomfortable. The only two things I dislike about this gloss is the price, and the taste. It costs $19, and tastes nasty (to me, at least). I have only heard good things about the taste of this gloss, so maybe I got a dud. Those things aside, this is a great gloss!

I am super pale and was afraid that "White Russian", a milky soft pink shade, would make me look washed out. It has just enough pink it to add color to the lips while still looking soft and natural. I pair this with my go-to liner from Lancome, "Caramel." This combination is a winner. It would be perfect to pair with a smokey eye look. "White Russian" has more opacity than other "Buxoms" I've tried. "Buxoms" supposedly have a lip plumping effect and you will feel that a tingly, warm feeling when you apply this. I don't notice it after a while. The doe-foot applicator and packaging are a plus. Keeping one in my purse, one in my makeup bag.