Too Faced Candlelight Glow duo

Too Faced Candlelight Glow duo

4.4

Candlelight Glow (Gold): Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Ultramarines (CI 77007).------Candlelight Glow (Pink): Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Carmine (CI 75470).

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

THIS IS MY FAVORITE HIGHLIGHTER. I bought the shade in warm glow and it just sits on my skin perfectly. Some highlighters would leave a harsh line and I really have to make an effort to blend it. I love how I don't need to do that with this because it complements my skin tone very well. It's not that pigmented. I know some people are really crazy about how pigmented a product is, but I love how you can build this product up and it will last you throughout the day. I live in a tropical country and I really sweat a lot, but when I get home at the end of the day, my face is still poppin' thanks to this. I feel like this product is so underrated. No matter how many highlighters I buy - becca, jeffree star - this is still what I love the most. When I walk on the street and catch my reflection, I seriously have to stop because I'm just that crazy about this glow!! The few things I'm not crazy about this one is the smell, but I won't go around smelling it on my face the entire day, so I don't mind! The packaging needs improvement too, design-wise. I think it looks cheap and I don't really get what they were going for with the design. But what matters most is what's on the inside, right???

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an awesome highlight for when I want a subtle golden glow or a sort of wet-look highlight. There is almost not shimmer or glitter in this, which makes it perfect for that natural sheen look. I apply this dry over powdered skin and I find the result is quite noticeable but never too much.

The one thing that surprised me was the shade. I thought it would be a more white or pink highlight (depending what side you used more) but it's really a light yellow golden shade. It's just a beautiful gold sheen when you're in direct light. If you're purchasing this online and you have fair skin (NW10-15) it might look a little too yellow golden. The pink on its own is less golden and more pinky but same sort of situation. I actually really like the colour on my skin tone (NW18) so i wasn't disappointed at all.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I use this with an angled blush brush (sprayed once with rosewater) on my cheekbones and it gives the most amazing glow. you can layer it to give make it as subtle or dramatic as you want. ive used this on a daily basis and it lasts for a good 5 to 6 months. i love experimenting with highlighters but this is definitely my go-to, and all time favorite. i have to light to medium skin. i definitely recommend using this with a very damp brush.

on 2/28/2017 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Soft and pretty highlight. I love the fact you can use one or the other or mix. I don't reach for this very often tbh but every time I use it I like it a lot. Great on pale skin.

on 4/5/2017 1:41:00 AM

Love this highlight
lasts along time
money well spent
love the way it looks on the skin, looks good when applied with finger and contour brush.
i love the packaging.
i would buy this product again. picture perfect highlighter, it doesn't really have a smell to it and if it does i haven't noticed. i like that you can do a deep highlight or a soft highlight. Perfect for going out or just going casual.
you could even use this has an eye shadow something simple.

I love highlighters and this is one of my favorites.
if questioning if you should buy i say YES YES YES!!!!!!

I personally really like this highlighter, as it's easy to blend and it's pigmented but not too much. The two shades, one colder and one warmer, are a nice idea in my opinion. I like to use one or the other depending on the colours of the rest of my makeup. It is a little expensive, but it last forever.

on 11/12/2016 8:23:00 PM

I own this in Rosy Glow and mine doesn't have chunks of glitter at all unlike the previous reviewer. Mine is soft, buttery, and gives a very nice glow or highlight. This applies easily and lasts on my skin for hours. I usually never retouch my highlight only my blush. But with this it stays on no problem. I love the colour the 2 shades make its like a pinky champagne shade that I really like. It works well on my very fair NW20 or below skin with very cool undertones.

I have this in the delux sample it came with some other items. It seems this size will last me quite a long time but I would buy a full size if I run out. I'm a blush collector who is just starting to collect h/ls as well now so I really enjoy getting and trying all kinds. This one is a good one though I use it a lot and I really like the colour on my skintone. It's also good as a inner eye highlight. So I use that in place of shadow now and then. I think this is a great pale girls shade as well. Recommended.

on 2/12/2017 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Pretty in the pan, but utterly underwhelming. On the positive side, it is soft and blendable, without overt glitter. Other than that, it is nothing to write home about. I am NW10 and this is literally invisible on me. What's the point? If you are darker, this might show up as a chalky h/l purely due to contrast, not Illuminating properties. For $5.00 WnW Have a Cosmo is a pale pink h/l that is gorgeous and useful. Thumbs down on this TF thing, will not repurchase.

on 11/13/2016 3:29:00 AM

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

Been using this daily for almost a month. I absolutely love this highlight. It really compliments my super fair skin! I will absolutely repurchase when I run out.

on 12/6/2016 8:16:00 AM

I'm pretty underwhelmed by this highlighter, given the price tag! When I swatched it in the shop it seemed to have a buttery, smooth texture (I hate powdery highlighters). But on the cheeks it's quite chalky and doesn't create much of a sheen. Also, I'm quite fair and I found in daylight this looked very gold and obvious (not something I personally like). Although, there's no glitter and it doesn't emphasize pores which, is a plus. I recently purchased a BECCA highlight and have been blown away by the difference in quality.
So all in all I'd say save your money and get a drugstore highlighter or if you want to splurge go for a BECCA one!