Too Faced Candlelight Glow duo

Too Faced Candlelight Glow duo

4.4

Candlelight Glow (Gold): Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Ultramarines (CI 77007).------Candlelight Glow (Pink): Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Carmine (CI 75470).

on 5/30/2016 4:12:00 PM

It is a very subtle highlight, especially on lighter complexions, so if you are all about that metallic glow, perhaps this is not for you. That being said, it is buildable, and so you can get quite an intense highlight if you try to. Both the warm and rosy glow shades are beautiful and have no chunky glitter, so that is a plus too. It makes a lovely last step to more lowkey makeup looks.

on 5/24/2016 10:36:00 AM

I really liked Too Faced Candlelight Glow. It gives you a nice finish when swept across the nose and in your cupid's bow. It is also safe to use on your skin. The only issue was the actual application. I have to scrap off the top to get a heavier dust on my brush. Which means I use more product than I would like to per application.

To Read all 50 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a fairly good substitute for the MAC "Lightscapade" which has to be one of the best highlighters-illuminators ever made. I hate MAC these days (their website is an exercise in extreme frustration, just tried again to see some things and it was like, why bother?) so I don't order from them anymore because why reward incompetence? So I do like Too Faced and this highlighter is actually very good. It is a bit chalkier than the MAC Skinfinish, but it's a good cool blue-white and pink all over shimmer and if applied a bit heavier right on the peak of the cheekbones, gives you that extra lift to sculpt your facial planes.

The powder is a dual white-pink pan with a chandelier sculpted onto the surface (Too Faced always has some fun in their makeup.) The pan is large enough to sweep with a stipple or powder brush. The compact has an almost retro Hollywood look.

There is a warm glow color (coral-based) if you are more yellow in tone and don't do blue tones. These run thirty bucks, but if you wait around, Too Faced often has 20 pct off coupons and sales.

on 2/23/2016 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I was in search of a highlighter that settled right on my oily skin and didn't look sparkly/glittery!
I absolutely love this highlighter. I purchased it in rosy glow and although I have tan/olive toned skin it doesn't look too light or pink on me at all! It actually has a nice light shimmer and gold glow to it (weird since its white and pink). Love this product! The only con is the longevity of the highlighter. Definitely not something that would last all night!

on 2/15/2016 8:15:00 PM

The packaging is great. The smell is great. The product itself is horrible.
It's chalky and the pink has no pigmentation. I'm a very pale skinned person so this really didn't work out for me. The white was literally like glitter on my face and since the pink wasn't pigmented, it was the same thing.
The price is horrible and overly expensive for what your getting, but if you want to waste money, go ahead. I wouldn't recommend this or re buy.

I can't get over the glow I have in my skin when I simply dust a touch of this on my cheekbones with a fan brush. The pink is amazing on fair skin. Totally worth the price, especially since you use so little. I love this highlighter!

I have this highlighter in the Warm Glow shade. I love it! The other shade (I believe it's Cool Glow? Pinky Glow? Not sure..) is a little more pearlescent white. It's also very beautiful, but I chose the Warm Glow because the colours swirled together make a very nice champagne shade. There is no chunks of glitter or even specks; it's all very smooth and luminescent. It is a very noticeable highlight though, so if you're not about that super highlighting life, then you may not enjoy this as much as other highlighters. The texture is buttery, but not as buttery as an eyeshadow; after all, it's going on all your highlighting places - not your lids! So it has to have a little more density to it so it doesn't blow off your face in a sneeze ( like *Ah-Choo* aaannnd my makeup is gone!)
10/10 would buy again!
Also, no scent to this product. So if you struggle with scents near your face, you'd appreciate this.

on 1/20/2016 11:43:00 AM

Ahhh, I love this stuff. It gives me back that subtle, youthful, dewy glow that foundation and powder takes away. Yeah, it's pricey, but it's the best highlighter I've ever used. I bought the peachy shade, and I use both sides. I haven't had an issue with glitter like other reviewers have mentioned.

Funny, but in the store, I had the makeup artist put it on me, and in the store lighting, I wasn't so impressed. I could barely see it and for that reason, couldn't justify the price. I put it back on the shelf, made my other purchases, and left the store. In the parking lot, I started my car, and took a quick glance in my rear view mirror - and OMG - my skin looked beautiful, even on a bright sunny day. I turned off the car, went back into the store, and bought it! The next day, even my mother commented on how pretty my skin looked.

It's the last pruduct I apply. I put it high on my cheekbones, a little on the apples of my cheeks, and a bit on my nose. Less is more, as with all highlighters. Wish I'd bought this year's ago.

Just wanted to mention - this DOES look like makeup, it doesn't look exactly natural, when it's on your skin. It's a shimmer, and has teeny tiny flecks of glitter. It looks pretty, it looks glowy, but I don't think I'm really fooling anyone that it's my real skin. Less is more, but if you are looking for a natural glow that no one is going to think is makeup, this isn't for you.

on 1/12/2016 12:51:00 AM

I really like this product because most of the highlighters I own are all that popular yellow gold champagney colour, which is super flattering and I have nothing against. It's just nice to have a variety of colours depending what you're in the mood for or what would go better with your whole make up look lol. And in this case I have 2 colours in one! This highlighter works great if you just use one or the other, or mixing them looks amazing which is what I usually do. Only negatives are the price and that one of the colours (I can't remember if it's the pinky side or the white gold side) has little glitter in it that flicks or falls on the rest of my face throughout the day. I prefer my highlighters to have that shimmery finer milled texture than glitter pieces, but it's not much of a problem if I tap off my brush before I put it on.

on 10/18/2015 12:17:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I LOVE THIS STUFF SO MUCH.

Let me start by saying that I have very, very pale skin, and as a result, a lot of highlighters do not even show up on my skin. So I took to the internet, discovered Too Faced, cringed at the price but bought this anyway. I have since fallen in love.

First of all, they aren't lying when they call this a "candlelit glow" highlight - both colors are a subtle golden (the white more intense than the rose, obviously). When on my skin it really does resemble a soft glow and it looks beautiful. It does fade a bit over time, though.

Personally, I prefer a very intense highlight, so I tend to layer it on. I swirl both colors together and apply that to my cheekbones and cupid's bow. I then take the rose color (as it's more muted) and put that on my chin and nose. I love the way it looks, and have been wearing it every day for about 3 weeks. Totally will buy again when I hit pan!