Too Faced Candlelight Glow duo

Too Faced Candlelight Glow duo

4.4

Candlelight Glow (Gold): Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Ultramarines (CI 77007).------Candlelight Glow (Pink): Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Carmine (CI 75470).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this as my first highlighter, and honestly I completely regret the purchase. This highlighter is glitter central. I usually just want a nice sheen when I'm putting on highlight, but this just gets super sparkly and tacky. Honestly the color itself looked nice, but the glitter is just such a dealbreaker.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A little bit too expensive for me.... but it's a pretty good highlighter---- thankfully the glitter isn't chunky--which is awesome

To Read all 55 Reviews, Login or Join

Overpriced glitter...why call this a duo when its literally only one color of glitter? Im a PPP and I didnt get any pink at all from the pink side this was all just gold glitter shimmer! So disappointed...I mean sure its pretty but its not worth the high price...i have several glittery highlighters like this already from drugstore brands that do the exact same thing for $5 or less.

I wanted to love this but turned out to be a big let down for sure....

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This product was one of those lovely surprise purchases that really made me happy. I was looking for a product to give a bit of glow above my cheekbones and this product delivers. Beautiful glow and texture without glitter that goes on flawlessly and lasts the night through. The bonus with this product is it looks so beautiful applied as eyeshadow, the pinkish side is just gorgeous.

on 8/21/2016 9:50:00 AM

If I could give this 100 lippies I would. Fact: I love this highlighter.

First of all, I use this in big generous strokes all over my face after I've finished with my foundation and powder, blush, etc. It looks so good, as in I just can't get over how good it looks as an all over highlighter. You glow my friends, you freakin glow!!!!

It comes in half gold and half pink. Both are great, but I like the gold half better. The price is worth every penny, and the packaging is so adorable.

Too Faced has made yet another highly pigmented *out of this world* product. My HG highlighter, love it!

<3 <3 <3

on 5/30/2016 4:12:00 PM

It is a very subtle highlight, especially on lighter complexions, so if you are all about that metallic glow, perhaps this is not for you. That being said, it is buildable, and so you can get quite an intense highlight if you try to. Both the warm and rosy glow shades are beautiful and have no chunky glitter, so that is a plus too. It makes a lovely last step to more lowkey makeup looks.

on 5/24/2016 10:36:00 AM

I really liked Too Faced Candlelight Glow. It gives you a nice finish when swept across the nose and in your cupid's bow. It is also safe to use on your skin. The only issue was the actual application. I have to scrap off the top to get a heavier dust on my brush. Which means I use more product than I would like to per application.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a fairly good substitute for the MAC "Lightscapade" which has to be one of the best highlighters-illuminators ever made. I hate MAC these days (their website is an exercise in extreme frustration, just tried again to see some things and it was like, why bother?) so I don't order from them anymore because why reward incompetence? So I do like Too Faced and this highlighter is actually very good. It is a bit chalkier than the MAC Skinfinish, but it's a good cool blue-white and pink all over shimmer and if applied a bit heavier right on the peak of the cheekbones, gives you that extra lift to sculpt your facial planes.

The powder is a dual white-pink pan with a chandelier sculpted onto the surface (Too Faced always has some fun in their makeup.) The pan is large enough to sweep with a stipple or powder brush. The compact has an almost retro Hollywood look.

There is a warm glow color (coral-based) if you are more yellow in tone and don't do blue tones. These run thirty bucks, but if you wait around, Too Faced often has 20 pct off coupons and sales.

on 2/23/2016 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I was in search of a highlighter that settled right on my oily skin and didn't look sparkly/glittery!
I absolutely love this highlighter. I purchased it in rosy glow and although I have tan/olive toned skin it doesn't look too light or pink on me at all! It actually has a nice light shimmer and gold glow to it (weird since its white and pink). Love this product! The only con is the longevity of the highlighter. Definitely not something that would last all night!

on 2/15/2016 8:15:00 PM

The packaging is great. The smell is great. The product itself is horrible.
It's chalky and the pink has no pigmentation. I'm a very pale skinned person so this really didn't work out for me. The white was literally like glitter on my face and since the pink wasn't pigmented, it was the same thing.
The price is horrible and overly expensive for what your getting, but if you want to waste money, go ahead. I wouldn't recommend this or re buy.