Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

3.9

Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Sodium Saccharin, Benzyl Benzoate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum/Fragrance, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Fruit Powder, Benzyl Alcohol, Silica, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Mica. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742).

on 12/20/2018 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

this bronzer worked fantastic on me. the packaging is cute but cheap, broke my top mirror after about a year of use. its beautiful on the skin and blends like a dream. also stays on and smells like chocolate!!!!!!!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hated this bronzer! The smell was amazing, but looked super orangey on my skin!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have come back to this bronzer time and time again. I have been using it over a few years now. I was using the Chanel Tan de Soleil bronzer until I began using this one again. I'm about NC30 and this color is great on my skin, even in the winter when I'm paler. It noticeably warms up my face but without leaving me looking unnatural or orange. I've hit the pan and re-bought this item about 3 times now. It's easy to apply, build if you'd like, and I mean, do I even need to mention the scent? HG for me.

on 5/20/2016 2:04:00 PM

I tried this for a while, kinda liked it, but eventually decided it wasn't for me. I think this is better for, and might have been developed specifically for, contouring and not general 'bronzing' per se. I'm not very fair - I am light/medium olive and get pretty tan in the summer, so the Milk Chocolate may not have been the BEST choice for me, but tbh it's dark enough to be serviceable for my skintone. But the TONE of the color was off and it just gives this flat matte look. Also, I had trouble using it as a bronzer because I found it highly pigmented and better for precision application (like contour...) And when I contoured with it, it looked kinda orange? Though I am the absolute worst at contouring, so don't hold that against it lol. I also found it difficult to blend at times. It's quality, it just didn't work for me.

It smells delicious though.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

one word: OBSSESSED! that is all.....

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I'm always very wary of bronzers. First, they always look orange on me, even the Benefit Hoola bronzer. Otherwise, they are glittery and chunky and just looks bad.

But....my foundation was a shade too light and I wanted a sunkissed look for summer since my face tan has not caught up to my chest and arms.I was originally going to get this in the darker color, and then decided to get the lighter shade just in case. When I suddenly got tanner (NC30 to NC40 in a week!) I was afraid that the lighter shade I ordered online would be too light.
Nope!

It gives such a beautiful and matte color to my skin that doesn't look forced, streaky, heavy handed, and most importantly, orange! It takes about one full sweep to bring color into my cheeks and I use this on my high cheekbones to bring them out, as well as on my temples for a faux tan.I have yet to contour my nose with this but I'm very suspicious that it will look absolutely natural.

Beautiful packaging, looks great on my counter.

The one con is the fake chocolate smell....reminds me of the chocolate milk cartons the first graders I work with spill, or sugary candy. Yuck. At least it only lasts a few minutes on my skin. If you smell it from afar, not so bad. Don't put your nose to the powder if you don't like chocolate. I eat chocolate by the ton and it still smells gross to me. Also, I cried a few tears the other day and it streaked through the bronzer LOL so I guess don't get your face wet or cry over stupid things when you have this on.

Overall, my HG bronzer for the purpose of bronzing. I can't say this is pigmented enough for contouring and sculpting, but I think the original shade would work for that.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I love this bronzer, I use it for contouring. It is the perfect subtle and blendable shade for my skin tone. I absolutely love the smell of this product - smells like yummy chocolate. I received this product in a travel size sampler set. I will definitely buy the full-sized product soon!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This bronzer is too muddy for me. Didn't blend easily, although I eventually worked it enough to blend it in. Doesn't last long and oxidized quickly. I got this in a sample set from Sephora, I would not purchase the regular size.

on 5/7/2012 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I meant to buy the other chocolate bronzer but got this instead. I didnt know there was a difference lol. Anyways, this is a nice chocolatey bronzer. It makes me look tan in my face without being over powering. I dont have too many problems with bronzers in general though because Im pretty yellow/tanish. This doesnt break me out and taste/smells good. I got it by my lips on accident and it taste good. Not to say Im going to lick my bronzer but yall know what i mean. I cant speak for every skin tone but for African American "red-bones", women in that yellow/tan category this will work for you. Im thinking about buying the other chocolate bronzer just to see the difference.