Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

3.6

Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Sodium Saccharin, Benzyl Benzoate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum/Fragrance, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Fruit Powder, Benzyl Alcohol, Silica, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Mica. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742).

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have this bronzer in the color 'tan', and it's absolutely amazing! It doesn't give me that orange-y look, nor does it crease throughout the day (note that I do have dry skin). I use it to set my contouring and to bronze my face. Since it comes in different shades I think this one suits everyone. I would definitely recommend this and repurchase.

Packaging: So cute, mine comes in a beautiful golden package. I think it's plastic. It comes with a mirror to. And it smells AMAZING!

Finish: Does not look cakey at ALL, and won't give you that ashy greyish look.

Product: It comes with a lot of product so it will last long, it has great pigmentation so you don't have to use a lot.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have very fair skin with yellow undertones. I used to wear Bare Minerals' Warmth bronzer until I noticed it looked a little too red/orange on my skin. I got the mini Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil bronzer in the Bronzer Wardrobe from Ulta and it works perfectly.
I love the cocoa smell, which just makes it more fun to use. I also love that it's cruelty free. However, it's pretty expensive and I don't think the Bronzer Wardrobe is available anymore.
I wouldn't repurchase because of the price, but I heard about a dupe that I think I will purchase once I finish my mini bronzer: The Milani Multitasked Face Powder in 05 Tan. It's only $6.29 and from swatches, I believe it's the exact same color. I can live without the delicious chocolate scent for that price.
**EDIT**
I bought the Milani Multitasker Face Powder in 05 Tan and it's the exact same color as the Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil. I found it for around $8 I think at Meijer. The only differences are obviously the smell and it's a little bit more pigmented so I have to use a little less product. If you want to save your money, the Milani powder is definitely a dupe.

on 5/16/2015 5:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This looks like the perfect bronzer shade for lighter skin tones in the pan. Unfortunately, I find that it really lacks pigmentation. I have to swipe my brush repeatedly to get sufficient pigment and constantly dab and apply on my face to get any colour pay off. I have tried it with different brushes too. Such a shame as it does look lovely eventually but it just takes too much work. The texture is smooth enough for a powder product and I think it blends well.. Hard to tell when it doesn't really show! I do enjoy the smell though but I can see how many would dislike it. Definitely need to be a chocolate lover and hopefully not be too sensitive to scents... I also do love the pretty golden packaging. I see that others love it so I really wonder if I got a dud.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a fantastic color for pale people (I'm NC10) and worked for contouring or subtle bronzing without turning at all orange-ish. I'm giving it a 4 rating, but would never repurchase because, as I learned the hard way, I'm allergic to topical cocoa powder and this made me break out in a horrible rash. I wish Too Faced would come out with a version of this without the cocoa powder; I haven't been able to find a bronzer as silky and light as this is.

on 11/18/2013 9:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This bronzer is one of those guilty pleasure purchases that also ends up having a truly functional and necessary roles in your makeup routine. I really was having a hard time finding a quality, natural looking bronzer to contour my face that complimented my skin tone and added a healthy glow, without making me look like I was visiting Florida from the Jersey Shore. I thought about just buying whatever powder I was using at the time in a few shades darker, rather than try to find a bronzer that wasn't complete garbage and filled with shimmer and/or glitter. I also wanted to depart from getting the typical kind of orangey-super dark bronzer tone that I felt like was the main color scheme of every makeup line's bronzer selection. I had heard of Too Faced Chocolate Soleil before and was intrigued to see (and smell) the product for myself. When I saw it at Ulta, I was pleasantly surprised with the color of it.. Even for a "darker" bronzer, it had a very neutral, non-orangey tone and NO SHIMMER! Yay! Only problem was that I kind of was wanting something a little lighter, just for contouring during the daytime at work, where I have to wear a full face of makeup and look fashionable, yet still day appropriate.. Behold! To my left was 'MILK' Chocolate Soleil and I knew my search was over. Its just a perfect, neutral lighter version that is perfect for adding dimension to my face, day or night. I use a darker, more traditional bronzer along with this when I want a more dramatic or fully made-up face for a night out or whatnot, but this Milk Chocolate Soleil was exactly what I was looking for. Packaging is cute, sturdy and the gold color and texture of the compact makes it really nice and easy to find when I'm digging through my purse. I've had this for over 6 months now (maybe longer) and I use it about everyday and I've yet to hit pan or really make much of a dent to speak of! Unique, cute, quality product that I highly recommend. I showed it to my sister, and she went and bought one of her own and loves it too!!

on 7/19/2013 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I tried the original but it was too dark, red and muddy on my fair skin. I am between an NC20 and NC25. This milk chocolate version doesn't appear muddy or dark...I use it to contour and it looks natural. It's quite easy to blend into the skin too. Sturdy packaging and the scent is quite nice too.

on 1/20/2013 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This smells super yummy, but it pulls orange on my very pale skin, thus not working as a contore shade for me. With a light hand, I can wear this as a nude blush. Glad I got a sample size with my VIB points and didn't buy full size. I'll stick to NYX Taupe for contore.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

HG matte bronzer! I really really am in love with this bronzer. Admittedly, I am a bronzer addict. This is unfortunate because I am super pale (think sheet of paper, can't wear any mac foundations, etc). I have tried every bronzer that has been hyped on here, blogs, youtube, etc, and some have worked with an extremely light hand, but some ended disastrous. I bought the original version of this when it first came out, and I really loved it. It really is too dark for pale skin, but applied with a light hand it gives a gorgeous warmth with neutral undertones. I was really excited when this came out because I figured it would have the same neutral undertones, but more foolproof for pale skinned girls. Man, I was right! This bronzer is perfect. I rarely have to worry about over applying, which means this is my go to bronzer in the morning. I literally just swirl my Bobbi Brown Bronzer Brush in this and apply to the outsides of my face using the E/3 technique. It gives a gorgeous light warmth, subtle sculpture, and a glow to my skin, and it manages to do all of this while being matte so it's perfect for my combination skin. Another thing that is amazing about this product is the fact that it is quite neutral under toned leaning yellow, meaning it will not emphasize any pink tones in your face which could cause you to look sun burnt (I find a lot of brozers do this to my pale skin). Overall, if you're pale and looking for a great bronzer that's capable of contouring and offering warmth, or if you're slightly tanned and looking for a nude blush, this is your product. Definitely will always have a compact of this in my collection. I would definitely recommend this, along with the original if you're a bit darker!

on 8/27/2012 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I was so excited to try this, but it s way too yellow for me. It smells great but I am too cool toned to pull it off.

on 5/7/2012 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I meant to buy the other chocolate bronzer but got this instead. I didnt know there was a difference lol. Anyways, this is a nice chocolatey bronzer. It makes me look tan in my face without being over powering. I dont have too many problems with bronzers in general though because Im pretty yellow/tanish. This doesnt break me out and taste/smells good. I got it by my lips on accident and it taste good. Not to say Im going to lick my bronzer but yall know what i mean. I cant speak for every skin tone but for African American "red-bones", women in that yellow/tan category this will work for you. Im thinking about buying the other chocolate bronzer just to see the difference.