Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.3

Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Sodium Saccharin, Benzyl Benzoate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum/Fragrance, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Fruit Powder, Benzyl Alcohol, Silica, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Mica. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742).

on 6/12/2017 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is the best matte bronzer for pale princesses, hands down! On my NC15-20 skin, I love using this to give my face a very subtle dimension and warmth. When I wear this, it adds an extra little 'something' that people wouldn't really know what to put their finger on and would be hard for them to explain, but expect random compliments galore on how lovely your face looks. This really does mimic the gorgeous glow your skin gets when you've gotten a bit of sun for the day, but it doesn't scream TAN; you just look sunkissed to perfection, in a very natural way. The colour and tone of this bronzer is just perfect as it neither leans too orange-y or too red, and can be used for contouring if needed. Personally I do prefer to use this as bronzer and not for contouring because I prefer to sculpt my face with greyer tones to give the look of realistic shadows, but it does work for that purpose. This is honestly such a great, multifunctional product that deserves to be in the arsenal for pale skinned beauties out there. It might seem a bit expensive at first, but I've had mine for 2 years and I haven't even hit pan yet. My favourite way to apply this bronzer is with the Too Faced Mr. Right Brush, which combined are an absolute dream team together.

I finally broke down and purchased this. I had been using the Guerlain Four Seasons bronzer for Blondes in 02, which I unfortunately hated but kept trying to make it work because 1) the cost and 2) super lux packaging. The Guerlain pulled too orange for my complexion. I loved Benefits Dallas, but I have give up shimmer and while I considered Hula, I really dislike the Benefit packaging.

Now... For the review!!! I am not necessarily crazy about the cocoa smell. I don't hate it, but it isn't a selling point for me. It claims to be matte, but I believe it has more of a satin finish, which I actually prefer. The color is perfection for my NW20 complexion. It has a subtle, warming effect, which I prefer. I don't like obvious bronzers. This does not lean too orange on me, and it does exactly what I am looking for in a bronzer- subtle, natural looking warmth.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A very light shade of brown, perfect for fair / light skin tones as it doesn't give a whole lot of color. I imagine some may find this shade doesn't give enough color payoff; in fact, I can’t help but wonder if for some it could work as a face powder. This is definitely the most brown shade of bronzers I have ever used, as most have a bit of a pink undertone.
As it is matte, it mattes my cheeks when I apply it as a bronzer, which I do not care for because it makes me look like I have dirt on my cheeks. I am guessing due to my choice of moisturizers and foundations my skin always looks dewey, so this does not work for me. I read several reviews that suggested it would work as contour if it doesn’t work as bronzer, a major influence of my impulsive decision to try this, and everyone was spot on in this regard. But I honestly don’t reach for this at all because it is too drying.
The smell is not exactly chocolate, but more like someone had it stored next to something with fragrance, so you may want to see & smell this in person if you don't like scented products. It’s not quite vanilla, not quite cocoa either... sometimes I find it pleasant, other times I don’t and wonder if I got bad product.
As of August 2018 I have purged this from my stash, I invested in a few HE bronzers which work with my skin, not against it. I think fair skin tones who are oily or use products to matte their skin will like this, but I recommend drier skins stay away.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this bronzer! I used to avoid bronzers as much as I could because im so pale so most of them just end up looking like someone painted my cheeks in orange paint.

Not with this one though. When I went into Sephora to pick this up one of the workers tried to convince me that I should pick the standard "Chocolate Soleil" but I went with my gut feeling and bought the Milk chocolate and gosh am I happy i did.

This bronzer warms up my face perfectly and leaves me with a healthy glow. You can build it up if you wish for a more intense look but it's still super easy to blend and look seamless!
Overall i really recommend this product for every fair skinned persons out there!

on 1/6/2016 12:24:00 AM

Great product! I wear this on a daily basis, over foundation and just by itself. The color is wonderful and it smells even better. It looks natural for all skin types ( I am fair skinned and it looks normal! ) It has great pigmentation and lasts all day, which is hard to find in a product! Definitely a must-have!

on 12/20/2015 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Pretty good product. It's a nice, neutral tan/brown that works on my NC25 skin, and the smell is to die for, like chocolate. I hear it has anti-aging antioxidants in it. But it's just too matte for a mature gal like myself. I need something with a bit of sheen to it. Still, for younger skins it's a nice bronzer that won't make you look like you've painted stripes on your skin.

on 7/24/2015 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I'm not a bronzer wearer and I don't contour, but my face is long and narrow, and I like to add a little shadow at the top of my forehead and the tip of/under my chin to give the illusion that my face isn't quite *so* long and narrow. After much trial and error, I decided to give this a go. It's perfect. It's not too light or dark, and looks very natural on my C2/NC 20-25 skin. The formula is surprisingly lovely--not too powdery or too hard, and it blends like a dream. I detest the smell--fake chocolate--but once applied, it disappears almost immediately. This is a grail, and I thank all the MUAers who took the time to write reviews for leading me to it. I will repurchase!

Im a very fair person and I use this bronzer everyday! It's the perfect shade and great quality! I would recommend this product to everyone. I have the shade darker and use it for contouring. The packaging is beautiful and sturdy. Love this product

Love this product. The smell is fantastic and it feels wonderful on my face. Does a wonderful job as a bronzer.

on 6/30/2015 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the smoothest most wonderful bronzer. I use it to contour and while I typically don't care about smell it, the chocolate scent really is a nice plus when you're putting it on. Beautiful natural color that blends easily. There's a reason so many like it.