Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.5

Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Sodium Saccharin, Benzyl Benzoate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum/Fragrance, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Fruit Powder, Benzyl Alcohol, Silica, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Mica. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742).

on 4/28/2014 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Bought this after reading rave reviews. I really wanted to like this but, the smell of chocolate was just so overwhelming, the compact was a very cheap plastic, the bronzer itself I found did not apply well and it irritated my skin,which has never happened to me before using cheaper bronzers such as Maybelline and Avon.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Warm

I'm naturally NC10 (albino...yellow undertones) and NC20 when I spray tan. A lot of people rec'd this product to me since it'd be good for my skintone supposedly. However upon application, it was bright orange and way too dark. Just like 99% of bronzers on the market I've tried. I've actually found drugstore bronzers better than this...for 1/3rd the price.

The color sucks, so I obviously won't be repurchasing since that makes it worthless to me. HOWEVER here are 3 nice traits about Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil: 1.) Smells like chocolate...my inner fat chick LOVES that. 2.) Highly pigmented. If it wasn't such an ugly shade, that would have been fabulous. 3.) Cute, easy to open packaging.

on 8/27/2012 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I was so excited to try this, but it s way too yellow for me. It smells great but I am too cool toned to pull it off.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hated this bronzer! The smell was amazing, but looked super orangey on my skin!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A very light shade of brown, perfect for fair / light skin tones as it doesn't give a whole lot of color. I imagine some may find this shade doesn't give enough color payoff; in fact, I can’t help but wonder if for some it could work as a face powder. This is definitely the most brown shade of bronzers I have ever used, as most have a bit of a pink undertone.
As it is matte, it mattes my cheeks when I apply it as a bronzer, which I do not care for because it makes me look like I have dirt on my cheeks. I am guessing due to my choice of moisturizers and foundations my skin always looks dewey, so this does not work for me. I read several reviews that suggested it would work as contour if it doesn’t work as bronzer, a major influence of my impulsive decision to try this, and everyone was spot on in this regard. But I honestly don’t reach for this at all because it is too drying.
The smell is not exactly chocolate, but more like someone had it stored next to something with fragrance, so you may want to see & smell this in person if you don't like scented products. It’s not quite vanilla, not quite cocoa either... sometimes I find it pleasant, other times I don’t and wonder if I got bad product.
As of August 2018 I have purged this from my stash, I invested in a few HE bronzers which work with my skin, not against it. I think fair skin tones who are oily or use products to matte their skin will like this, but I recommend drier skins stay away.

on 7/31/2015 11:37:00 PM

This stuff was the bee's knees until I realized it was what was causing my breakouts. Wherever it touched my skin, I developed acne. The hollows of my cheeks, the sides of my nose, my temples, and my jaw bone all had acne. I blamed everything else I recently started using: sunscreen, lotion, foundation... but then I realized they were localized breakouts. One day I decided to contour my collar bones to define them further (hello summer!) and the skin on my collarbones turned red. I then swiped a bit on the side of my neck just to see if it would turn red as well. It did. Go figure! I had this product for nearly a year and I never put 1 + 1 together since I rarely wore make up on days I had classes. Now that it's summer and I want to look bangin', well, reality sets in. :(

Now, for the record, my face never turned red. This may be due to the foundation beneath it, but if I put it on my arm it would not turn red. I guess patch testing is a lot finickier than I thought. Lesson learned.

For the record, the acne was cystic and took quite awhile to clear up. I'm staying far away from this bronzer, and I would highly recommend anyone that has sensitive/acne prone skin to stay away from it as well.

Packaging is sturdy and made of plastic. It feels cheap, but it doesn't break from anything. The color was also gorgeous: slightly cool-toned and not muddy on my NC25 skin. Shame it's the worst thing ever for me!

I really wanted to like this product and I do love the smell. It is almost eatable.

The problem I have is that I actually feel like it makes my face look "dirty". As though I just came out of a tunnel. I have previously used MAC, or Lise Watier bronzers which tend to have a darker more brown-like appearance. This one might be too milky for my liking. I find it is not good for contouring at all as the colour is closer to a dark cream colour than it is to a bronze colour. I am not sure what to think about this product, I am not loving it as a bronzer. It gives me a smokey, "I just came out of a tunnel or went camping" look.

on 7/2/2014 5:04:00 PM

Great color and chocolate aroma with the bonus of an attractive and practical compact, which makes this a winner over Benefit's Hoola (another cool-toned bronzer that's good for fair complexions). The Benfit box is hard to keep closed for travel. But the scent of the Too-Faced bronzer irritated my skin, so, once again, a warning to those with sensitive skin to beware of the fragrance problem.

on 1/20/2013 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This smells super yummy, but it pulls orange on my very pale skin, thus not working as a contore shade for me. With a light hand, I can wear this as a nude blush. Glad I got a sample size with my VIB points and didn't buy full size. I'll stick to NYX Taupe for contore.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This bronzer is too muddy for me. Didn't blend easily, although I eventually worked it enough to blend it in. Doesn't last long and oxidized quickly. I got this in a sample set from Sephora, I would not purchase the regular size.