Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.5

Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Sodium Saccharin, Benzyl Benzoate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum/Fragrance, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Fruit Powder, Benzyl Alcohol, Silica, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Mica. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Milk Chocolate bronzer has debuted with the Summer Royalty collection, but I'm pretty sure it's permanent and not LE. The other products featured in the collection are LE as far as I know right now. This is the bronzer for very fair to light or light medium skin. Anyone darker than light medium will probably want the original Chocolate Soleil. If you're going to tan at all this summer, you probably want to skip this and pick up the original. This is a neutral tone, so it won't come off as muddy or orange. I find so many fair skin bronzers orange that I don't bother to pick them up anymore, but you can rely on this one to give you the right amount of color.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is a really lovely bronzer for those of us who are pale. I am NC20, and this is great for me...gives me a little bit of color without being overwhelming or sparkly. It almost works as a contour color, and is very neutral in tone (not orange, not muddy brown, not red-brown). I used to own the original Chocolate Soleil and found that this Milk Chocolate version is not as strongly scented (or maybe just smells more like milk chocolate which is a bit more toned down) as the original, which made me happy, because I am the minority that doesn't love that strong chocolate scent. I had a little bit of a tough time deciding to get this or not because I thought it was likely very similar in color to the PF Healthy Wear bronzer in Light that I already had. However, this item offers far better quality (as it should for $29!), and is absolutely matte, where the PF Healthy Wear is lightly shimmery. In comparison, I found the TF to be infinitely better in pigment and so much smoother - the PF is chalky and feels cheap when compared to the TF. For those of us that found the original Chocolate Soleil to be a bit too ruddy and maybe a hair darker than we wanted, this new Milk Chocolate version may be just what you've been waiting for!

on 4/22/2012 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

LOOOOOVE this!!! I believe it has replaced my beloved Dior Honey Matte bronzer. Good thing since that costs twice as much. This smells amazing and is matte!

on 4/23/2012 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love this! I am very pale and this is the first bronzer that actually works consistently well with my skin. It doesn't make my face look dirty or muddy like so many other darker bronzers do. It also doesn't turn me orange. It looks like I naturally got a little sun although for me natural sun = sunburn :) Anyway, if I could tan, I think it would be this color.

I also like that this is matte. I have a couple of other light bronzers that work decently for me but they have shimmer. This gives me a matte option that I can use in the daytime without looking too glittery.

If you are very fair skinned, I recommend you try this. I almost didn't buy it because I was afraid of getting another "muddy" bronzer but I'm so glad I gave it a try!

on 5/7/2012 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I meant to buy the other chocolate bronzer but got this instead. I didnt know there was a difference lol. Anyways, this is a nice chocolatey bronzer. It makes me look tan in my face without being over powering. I dont have too many problems with bronzers in general though because Im pretty yellow/tanish. This doesnt break me out and taste/smells good. I got it by my lips on accident and it taste good. Not to say Im going to lick my bronzer but yall know what i mean. I cant speak for every skin tone but for African American "red-bones", women in that yellow/tan category this will work for you. Im thinking about buying the other chocolate bronzer just to see the difference.

on 6/18/2012 12:18:00 PM

I love it and I don't know how I lived without it!
I got in on sale on BeautyBay because I wanted to try it for so long, when it got to my house I compared it to my other bronzers and was a little bit dissapointed because it looks a lot more warmer than the ones I own, but then again if I were happy with the ones I have I wouldn't have bought this one so I gave it a shot.
It's perfect! First of all, it shows on the skin but it's fool proof. Then it's a perfect color, not to muddy, not orangy, just looks like I've tanned and while it is truly a matte brown it does not look flat at all.

on 6/22/2012 6:24:00 PM

I just must be too fair for this bronzer. I haven't been able to make it work anywhere but under my cheekbones without making my face look dirty. I can live with that and make it work but the heavy chocolate smell just turns me off. I asked my husband to tell me what he thought of a sample perfume I had on and he said all he could smell was chocolate.

The absolute love of my life. I have been dying to find a true brown bronzer forever without it looking like dirt on my skin, and this is it. It really is a beautiful chocolatey tan glow. It blends beautifully, is very subtle and smells amazing. I love the packaging and I will continue to repurchase because it's great on my skin. I am fair, BUT WARM TONED. If you are not warm, this may not work for you. For reference: MAC NC15-20, Revlon PR Shell, Revlon CS in Buff.

on 8/12/2012 3:20:00 PM

I love this, and have definitely found my new favorite bronzer! I was so excited to try a bronzer geared towards fair-skin, since I'm always looking for a product to warm up my light skin but most bronzers leave my skin looking orange, red, or muddy.

Naturally, the first thing I did when opening the product was smell it. I mean, a chocolate scented bronzer? Yum! And this definitely smells great. It's strongest while you're applying it of course, but the scent doesn't last on your skin all day, which I consider to be a good thing. It isn't really like a pure chocolate bakery smell, to me it's as if it's a chocolate perfume, and it smells so good!

As far as the bronzer itself, it's amazing. It really does warm up my pale skin, leaving it golden, glowy, and looking naturally tan. Applied with a big, fluffy brush, you can't go wrong with this if you've got fair skin. I dust it all over and never worry about looking dirty or fake. I struggle with redness, and a problem I often have with bronzers is looking super red on my cheeks as the bronzer begins to fade. I don't have this problem with this product, though. My skin tone remains even and fresh-looking, like you've spent a great summer out in the sun!

The only thing about this product that left me sort of unhappy was the price. It's $29 at Sephora, which isn't cheap, but I do think the bronzer is definitely worth it. The packaging is beautiful, and the product itself is fantastic, so I would still repurchase despite the price. If you're fair and are looking for a bronzer, I absolutely recommend this one!

on 8/23/2012 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I hopped on the Too Faced train after I was somewhat underwhelmed by NARS Laguna. I was trying to decide between the milk chocolate and regular chocolate soleil bronzer and chose the milk chocolate as I am NC25-30. I LOVE it. If I want to contour my cheekbones I just use a heavier hand. I will probably try the regular chocolate soleil one at some point too, but I figure between this and my NARS laguna, I would have a good shade selection for bronzing. I love that this has no shimmer unlike my NARS laguna. To me, this smells more like my favorite childhood candy Fun Dip than chocolate but either way, the smell isn't offensive and is sweet and lovely. Best bronzer!