Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil

Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil
Milk Chocolate Soleil Too Faced Chocolate Soleil in Milk ChocolateToo Faced Milk Chocolate SoleilMilk Chocolate Soleil Milk Chocolate Soleil

4.4

Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Sodium Saccharin, Benzyl Benzoate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum/Fragrance, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Fruit Powder, Benzyl Alcohol, Silica, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Mica. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

It is a really nice bronzer, I use this for contouring. Yes, it is a little orangey, but it works well for my skin. Very long lasting. I used this at a wedding party and even though the blusher dissapeared after a while, this stayed there until I removed it. Also, it is crazy pigmented, a little goes a LONG way. Not to mention the packaging which is very cute and luxurious... and the smell of chocolate! I like this very much, but I won't buy this again simply because I wanna try other bronzers out there.

I'm an NC15 - NC20 and was worried this would be too light for me, but it isn't.

I bought this with the intention of using it as a contour and it worked fine for that, but now I'm over the contour look so I just use this as a normal bronzer and it's perfect for my tone - it doesn't look like I'm wearing bronzer at all BUT it still makes my face look very natural. I'm in the minority who don't mind the look of a foundation-only face, but I still think this looks perfect and adds dimension to my face. It's very easy to blend and and build up. When I wear dark red lipstick, I wear this heavier on my cheeks with a very light highlight and it helps complete the look without clashing with anything.

However, I really hate the smell of this. I have no problem with strong smells in make up and even prefer most of them but this particular smell doesn't smell like chocolate at all to me - it smells like very powdery, very cheap cake mix. That's probably a difference in regional chocolate because I know it tastes different in every country so I guess maybe it does smell like American chocolate (which I haven't tried)? I'm from NZ and associate chocolate with creamier scents. Thankfully it doesn't smell once applied to the face.

PROS: very versatile, can be used as a contour, blush and regular bronzer on my NC15 - NC20 skin. A dream to blend. Unique packaging makes it easy to find in my bag.

CONS: Looks cheap, the smell is very powdery and puts me off (and I usually like make up scents) which sucks since it was $47NZD.

I wouldn't regret buying this again, but I'm going to look up alternatives instead due to the smell. I've also previously panned a $5NZD bronzer by LA Colors which was identical to this in quality, which makes me dislike the $47 price tag. The only reason I didn't rebuy that was because the colour was slightly too dark so it required more effort.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have come back to this bronzer time and time again. I have been using it over a few years now. I was using the Chanel Tan de Soleil bronzer until I began using this one again. I'm about NC30 and this color is great on my skin, even in the winter when I'm paler. It noticeably warms up my face but without leaving me looking unnatural or orange. I've hit the pan and re-bought this item about 3 times now. It's easy to apply, build if you'd like, and I mean, do I even need to mention the scent? HG for me.

I finally broke down and purchased this. I had been using the Guerlain Four Seasons bronzer for Blondes in 02, which I unfortunately hated but kept trying to make it work because 1) the cost and 2) super lux packaging. The Guerlain pulled too orange for my complexion. I loved Benefits Dallas, but I have give up shimmer and while I considered Hula, I really dislike the Benefit packaging.

Now... For the review!!! I am not necessarily crazy about the cocoa smell. I don't hate it, but it isn't a selling point for me. It claims to be matte, but I believe it has more of a satin finish, which I actually prefer. The color is perfection for my NW20 complexion. It has a subtle, warming effect, which I prefer. I don't like obvious bronzers. This does not lean too orange on me, and it does exactly what I am looking for in a bronzer- subtle, natural looking warmth.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

The lightest shade of brown in the Too Faced matte bronzer line, perfect for fair / light skin tones as it doesn't give a whole lot of color (some may find this shade doesn't give enough color payoff.) This is definitely the most brown shade of bronzers I have ever used, as most have a bit of a pink undertone that makes it more of a blusher. I like that it doesn't have any pink because it can be used to contour with as well. As it is matte, it mattes my cheeks, which I am not sure I care for when I have on a foundation or bb/cc cream that is intended to give a little illumination. On a face with a matte foundation, it adds a little bit of a glow that warms the complexion. I am considering how it would look as a super light finishing powder in the summer when I've gotten some sun, will try this for sure...
The smell is not exactly chocolate, but more like someone had it stored next to something with fragrance, so you may want to see & smell this in person if you don't like scented products.

on 12/31/2016 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this bronzer in medium/deep and I love it. the price isn't the best but its pretty worth it. the smell is like a bonus for how great this bronzer is. its smooth and the best part; matte. it doesn't have any shimmer which I love so much. im not a fan of shimmery bronzers. it doesn't have a red/orange undertone which is sometimes the case with bronzers. also, it has a mirror which is really convenient. this is a really good bronzer and I WOULD repurchase for sure.

on 12/31/2016 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am so sad, but I will be returning this. the color is lovely for fair skin, I will give it that. I know a lot of people love this, and I wanted to, but it didn't work for me. firstly, it tended to look a wee bit blotchy in some areas, even with blending. I also hate the scent. it is far too strong.lastly, It broke me out :( I believe it was the fragrance. scented products tend to clog my pores. if fragrance doesn't bother your skin, this will probably work for you.

on 8/31/2016 1:14:00 AM

Fantastic bronzer for my NC15-NC20 skintone, I can wear this all year round...it's very natural looking on me and not muddy or dirty like most bronzers make me look. Gives me a healthy, sun-kissed look (it's a light, milky brown with a peachy undertone). I love that its matte! Honestly would not purchase if it wasn't. It was suggested to me by another MUA member on the board, and now I'm hooked. My other favorite bronzer is Guerlain sheer bronzing powder, both in blonde and sun blondes. I love them all equally for different reasons but the Guerlain Sheer Bronzers have a shimmer to them and the blonde range is more pinky/peachy (can be used instead of blush). Milk Chocolate I feel is more versatile due to it being matte, it's better for adding dimension and is more subtle. I also wear my Guerlain bronzer as a blush, over Milk Chocolate...and they are beautiful together. It's also long-wearing and smells divine, big pluses. Must-have item! I also like the cocoa powder foundation in this range.

on 8/30/2016 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil is a game changer for fair skin! Before trying the Milk Chocolate Soleil bronzer I was using Hoola by Benefit. For light applications Hoola was good, but if I wanted a heavier bronzed appearance it would turn reddish orange and almost muddy. Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil blows Hoola out of the water if you have a fair skin tone. Not only does it smell delicious, but it's completely matte which I look for in a great bronzer. The gold packaging is to die for and the mirror inside is just so convenient. The way the bronzer is set so deep down in the packaging is great for not making a mess, not that there's much fallout from it anyways. It's the perfect cool but not too cool bronzer. It's not ashy nor too orange. It blends like a dream and layers beautifully. The pigmentation is wonderful. I think I found my Holy Grail!!! 🙌🏻

on 8/15/2016 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I'm in looooove with the smell. Bendable, matte, great color. Has not broke out my sensitive acne prone skin. Definitely enjoying this to bronze my face up.

Popular Bronzers