Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Filtered by age: 44-55
Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Sodium Saccharin, Benzyl Benzoate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum/Fragrance, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Fruit Powder, Benzyl Alcohol, Silica, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Mica. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742).

I finally broke down and purchased this. I had been using the Guerlain Four Seasons bronzer for Blondes in 02, which I unfortunately hated but kept trying to make it work because 1) the cost and 2) super lux packaging. The Guerlain pulled too orange for my complexion. I loved Benefits Dallas, but I have give up shimmer and while I considered Hula, I really dislike the Benefit packaging.

Now... For the review!!! I am not necessarily crazy about the cocoa smell. I don't hate it, but it isn't a selling point for me. It claims to be matte, but I believe it has more of a satin finish, which I actually prefer. The color is perfection for my NW20 complexion. It has a subtle, warming effect, which I prefer. I don't like obvious bronzers. This does not lean too orange on me, and it does exactly what I am looking for in a bronzer- subtle, natural looking warmth.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A very light shade of brown, perfect for fair / light skin tones as it doesn't give a whole lot of color. I imagine some may find this shade doesn't give enough color payoff; in fact, I can’t help but wonder if for some it could work as a face powder. This is definitely the most brown shade of bronzers I have ever used, as most have a bit of a pink undertone.
As it is matte, it mattes my cheeks when I apply it as a bronzer, which I do not care for because it makes me look like I have dirt on my cheeks. I am guessing due to my choice of moisturizers and foundations my skin always looks dewey, so this does not work for me. I read several reviews that suggested it would work as contour if it doesn’t work as bronzer, a major influence of my impulsive decision to try this, and everyone was spot on in this regard. But I honestly don’t reach for this at all because it is too drying.
The smell is not exactly chocolate, but more like someone had it stored next to something with fragrance, so you may want to see & smell this in person if you don't like scented products. It’s not quite vanilla, not quite cocoa either... sometimes I find it pleasant, other times I don’t and wonder if I got bad product.
As of August 2018 I have purged this from my stash, I invested in a few HE bronzers which work with my skin, not against it. I think fair skin tones who are oily or use products to matte their skin will like this, but I recommend drier skins stay away.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this contour. It's a good shade for my fair skin and lasts all day. And it smells like chocolate

on 1/2/2016 7:39:00 PM

I'm an NW15. I originally tried the regular chocolate soleil via 100 point perk. I liked that so much that I bought the full size. Which was different, in my opinion. It was too orange, and had a lot of fallout. So I tried this one hesitantly, because I was afraid it wouldn't show up. It is incredible. There is almost no fallout, and the color is beautiful, and very believable. Not too orange, not too pink, just perfect, like a tan, which is what it is supposed to look like. I use the RT blush brush. I can use as much as I want, and it never looks overdone.

on 7/24/2015 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I'm not a bronzer wearer and I don't contour, but my face is long and narrow, and I like to add a little shadow at the top of my forehead and the tip of/under my chin to give the illusion that my face isn't quite *so* long and narrow. After much trial and error, I decided to give this a go. It's perfect. It's not too light or dark, and looks very natural on my C2/NC 20-25 skin. The formula is surprisingly lovely--not too powdery or too hard, and it blends like a dream. I detest the smell--fake chocolate--but once applied, it disappears almost immediately. This is a grail, and I thank all the MUAers who took the time to write reviews for leading me to it. I will repurchase!

Love this product. The smell is fantastic and it feels wonderful on my face. Does a wonderful job as a bronzer.

I received two deluxe samples...loved it and then bought it....still love it but it seems a dry 'skin' has developed on top of the palette and makes it hard to use unless I scrape off the 'skin' and then the product is fine again.

on 7/2/2014 5:04:00 PM

Great color and chocolate aroma with the bonus of an attractive and practical compact, which makes this a winner over Benefit's Hoola (another cool-toned bronzer that's good for fair complexions). The Benfit box is hard to keep closed for travel. But the scent of the Too-Faced bronzer irritated my skin, so, once again, a warning to those with sensitive skin to beware of the fragrance problem.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Given that I'm a light/medium gal who prefers matte makeups, I would have thought this was a sure bet. It is a GORGEOUS color, but surprise surprise the Chocolate Soleil is the best color for me. I never would have guessed that! So, don't assume anything and try before you buy if you can. I think these matte bronzers from TF are the best in the biz. Thank you, TF!

My new favorite bronzer!!! Before this, I was using Benefit's hoola and nars Laguna. I ran out of hoola and I was looking for a new bronzer at ulta. I have always been eyeing the chocolate bronzer but they didn't have the light medium version in stock.:( so I went to sephora and bought it and it is perfect for my NW20 skin tone . The plus about this is it smells and tastes (yes I had to taste it lol) like chocolate!!