Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Filtered by age: 30-35
Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.5

Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Sodium Saccharin, Benzyl Benzoate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum/Fragrance, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Fruit Powder, Benzyl Alcohol, Silica, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Mica. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742).

on 4/1/2019 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have fair skin and every bronzer that I have tried was either a) too orange b) too shimmery which enlarged my pores and showed up my wrinkles or c) gave me a muddy look when the bronzer had pink undertones. I have hit the HG with this ones as it is neither of the above but gives me a perfect glow and I can build it up to the intensity I want without it looking too heavy or mask like. I use it on top of mineral foundation to give me a sunkissed look. I use it all over, not for contouring as I am over contouring. I usually put the slightest bit of Iniika blush in pink petal and I get the perfect summery glowy skin. Love the natural look it gives..

on 12/19/2018 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I did enjoy this product. It smells great, not to pigmented but buidable, and works great with my pale skin. The only thing is that sometimes it would look reddish/orangy. kind of pricey but the product will last you a long time unless you are using it to bronze your neck and chest area.

This is a great bronzer for pale people who are looking for something really subtle, or to add a bit of dimensionality to their face rather than trying to look significantly more tan. I am somewhat pale, with yellow/golden undertones. Probably an NC15. For some background, I was previously using Physician's Formula Bronze Booster for stints, in medium to dark. It worked pretty well despite being medium to dark, but within the last year I started to notice it was making me look a bit sallow. It could be that the product was just getting too old, because I had it for a while.

Anyways, after buying Milk Chocolate Soleil at Sephora online and before it was delivered, I was looking at swatches and reading reviews and getting a bit worried that it would be too light. I mention this because in all the reviews people talk about how it's for very pale people, and I want to make clear you don't have to be like Dita Von Teese-level white to pull this off, which was my concern being pale but not ludicrously so. Obviously the darker you are, the more subtle this is going to be. But don't be afraid that unless you're pale pale pale, this won't show up on you because that isn't th case.

When mine arrived and I tried it out, I was immediately happy with it. Yes, it is extremely light. That's why it's important to note that if you're using a bronzer to look just-got-back-from-vacation tan, this probably isn't going to do that for you unless you're just about as pale as it gets. But for giving a healthy, subtle, but noticeable glow and getting a bit more shape to your face, it's fantastic. The shade comes off a bit more on the golden-brown side without being yellow (I'm very attuned to that after the Physician's Formula jaundice effect I described earlier). Certainly not orange. I've gotta break it down and say quite simply that since I started wearing this bronzer, I just look better. Which feels a bit dumb to mention since that's obviously part of the point of makeup, but I think we've probably all added a product to our makeup routine for a while before realizing it's not actually adding anything.

This would also be good for those of you who are paler and want to get into bronzers or flirt with contouring but are afraid of doing it wrong. I was really freaked out by bronzers a few years back because they can look so conspicuously bad. This bronzer is hard to overdo. It's not insanely pigmented, but that's not a bad thing. Like this morning I went somewhat ham with this bronzer just for fun, and I didn't have any "good lord what was I thinking" mid-morning office bathroom mirror moment.

Anyways, I'm super happy with it. I even like the scent, which reminds me of a chocolate Cupcake Surprise, if anyone remembers those dolls. The only thing I don't like is the gold packaging, which is kind of tacky tbh. Why not be a bit more consistent with the chocolate theme and make it look like a candy wrapper or a chocolate bar or something?

on 12/10/2017 5:53:00 AM

Love this bronzer so much! I alternate it with Guerlain teracotta sheer in sun blondes, and they are the only 2 bronzers I'll ever need. It has a peachy undertone that flatters my NC15-NC20 skintone, smells amazing and even tastes sweet! Love it. Looks beautiful with MAC Melba blush and a pop of Becca Moonstone on top of my cheekbones, the combo gives me that gorgeous sunkissed face... great look particularly for summer-fall. I say this would work for skintones up to NC25.

on 6/20/2017 6:22:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I am NC20, Asian, and this works really well to warm up my complexion. The shade looks to light on the pan, but once used it just looks so natural. I fell in love the first time I used it. I love the smell too! It is quite addicting.

on 8/2/2016 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I wear NC20 Mac.

I use this product almost daily. I love how it gives my face dimension after my foundation. I also love the smell in the mornings.

This color is great for a day time look. Not too dark, not too light. Kind of like a tan. However, I do think if you have a darker skin tone, this might not be dark enough. Also, I am thinking of getting a darker color for evenings out, to have more of a defined/contour effect.

It's warm, but not excessively warm. I don't took ashy, and I don't look too orange either.

Easy to blend. Good pigmentation. Finely milled. However, it only seems to last a few hours before it fades. I do have combo skin, and use primer, setting powder and setting spray.

Recommend.

on 7/30/2016 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I avoided bronzers for a very long time, simply because I am pretty fair and I was afraid bronzer could turn orange or even worse, muddy on my skin. But since this was getting raves from beauty bloggers I respect and since the shade looked pretty light, natural and non threatening when I checked it out in store, I figured it may be time to get on the bronzer bandwagon.
I've been using this five days a week since. I am absolutely in love with it. You simply cannot go wrong with this product, I would recommend it wholeheartedly for bronzer beginners and fair skinned people like me. It is finely milled, buttery, it goes on like a dream and you have absolute control over how bronzed up you get to look. It would take piling on a ton of product for this to even start looking gaudy.
It's pricey, I know, but this is going to be my only bronzer so I'm looking at it as an investment. It looks like this product's gonna last a long time anyway, after two months of daily use there's barely a dent on it. The cocoa scent is also a nice touch.
All in all if you're looking for a "safe" bronzer that's not going to look artificial on fair skin, definitely consider this one.

on 5/20/2016 2:04:00 PM

I tried this for a while, kinda liked it, but eventually decided it wasn't for me. I think this is better for, and might have been developed specifically for, contouring and not general 'bronzing' per se. I'm not very fair - I am light/medium olive and get pretty tan in the summer, so the Milk Chocolate may not have been the BEST choice for me, but tbh it's dark enough to be serviceable for my skintone. But the TONE of the color was off and it just gives this flat matte look. Also, I had trouble using it as a bronzer because I found it highly pigmented and better for precision application (like contour...) And when I contoured with it, it looked kinda orange? Though I am the absolute worst at contouring, so don't hold that against it lol. I also found it difficult to blend at times. It's quality, it just didn't work for me.

It smells delicious though.

on 1/7/2016 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Pros: great color, not orange, not too ashy, natural. Blends like a dream, does not cake, looks natural. Wears well, lasts all day. Has great ingredients. Smells delicious till the very end, which keeps you enjoying every single time you use it. Good packaging, sturdy, mirror, easy to use.

Cons: none.

I just finished mine and repurchased it. This is the greatest compliment to this product. I must have some 7 bronzers, all high-end, and I manage to finish this. Meanwhile I also bought the darkest color for the summer months. Love. It.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is my HG bronzer for winter. I'm fair with neutral-warm undertones, and this provides natural looking color. The pigmentation is nice, and builds well. It wears a full 8 to 9 hours on my combination skin. It also works for subtle contouring, although I prefer using it for a touch of sun-kissed color on my face.