Omorovicza Complexion Perfector BB Cream SPF 20

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Omorovicza Complexion Perfector BB Cream SPF 20

3.4

Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Glycerin, Squalane, Stearyl Heptanoate, Cetearyl Olivate, Octyldodecanol, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Corundum, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Saccharomyces (Hungarian Thermal Water) Ferment Extract, Sucrose Palmitate, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Glyceryl Linoleate, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Tocopherol Acidate, Galactoarabinan, Sodium Hyaluronate, Geraniol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Tocopherol, Lactic Acid, Isostearic Acid, Citronellol, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Chlorella Vulgaris/Lupinus Albus Protein Ferment, Pectin, Phospholipids, Linalool, Potassium Sorbate, CI 77492/CI 77491/CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 4/27/2018 8:33:00 AM

This is a high end BB Cream, which provides light to medium coverage and hydration. I usually apply this first with fingers to the center of the face and around the nose. Then, using a dense foundation brush or a sponge, I make sure to blend this in well to the skin. It leaves a dewy finish. With light setting using the Hyaluronic Hydra Powder from By Terry, this wears well, as long as I don't blow my nose all day long. It does not create dy patches on my face, and also does not sink into the pores. Great for quick evened out skin on busy days.

BB and CC creams have been a thorn in my side since the first Missha one I ordered from Korea and tried many years ago. So many promises, such poor results - every time. In defence of the gloppy concoctions, my skin is oily, occasionally dehydrated, acne-prone and sensitive. It can't be easy to make products that suit skin like mine, and the demand for them can't be as high as it is for makeup or skin care for less complicated complexions. In short, I'm high maintenance, I know it, I'm not bitter. Mostly. Although my skin has it's challenges, I am in my mid-30s and have no wrinkles or acne, so I'm okay with very sheer coverage and accept that I will always get shiny by mid-morning or midday.
Also, money and time are not big concerns for me, so have regular facials and can search high and low or experiment as much as I want. And I have. I would challenge almost anyone to name a line of skin care or cosmetics I have not tried, and with only three exceptions, I have never found a foundation-type product I liked. In high school, it was EL Shake-It, then I found Clinique Oil Free Moisture Tint and used it off and on for years, trying new things (Chantacaille was okay) on a regular basis - I won't bore you with a list. It was discontinued and since I had switched to mostly "natural" skin care and cosmetics, I found I liked W3LL People Narcissist, but eventually couldn't get a shade match when they changed the formula. A quick affair with the Verso skin care line (falling off the "natural" wagon) left me flaky, greasy, and covered in blemishes. I didn't leave the house for two weeks except to go out running - in the dark. Amazingly, a trip to my closest department store provided what I thought was my HG - Bobbi Brown Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer in Alabaster. Lots of coverage, which I needed at the time, a good color match, and worked with my skin - no breakouts and minimal shine. See where this is going?

Discontinued.

Months later and back on my mostly Biologique Recherche (not "natural") skin care routine, finally I have this Omorovicza BB in light. It's much more of a foundation - pretty intense coverage and I still need a bit more moisture, but otherwise I love it. The lack of silicone is practically a miracle, the physical sunscreen is so soothing, the color is fine if applied lightly (I'm fair, even by Seattle standards), I do not burn or breakout despite the fragrance - it's weakest point. The packaging is lovely - I always prefer glass - and the company's customer service is great. The best way I can describe this is to say it's like a combination of Avene mineral sunscreen and Dr. Hauschka foundation, but with more coverage. It doesn't blend that well, but it also doesn't drip off when I sweat during a long run in summer. I top it off with Chanel loose powder and then a little loose sheer zinc (Silk Naturals, A+) and it's somewhat heavy, but I hope to get the hang of thinning it out because it *is* visible around any dryness or flakes.
My learning curve is... um, I'm not great with makeup;)
All of the products in this line are heavily fragranced, which is why I deducted a lippie - it's okay for a cleanser or toner, but for something that stays on your face all day, not appreciated. I don't fault the product for it's price - I paid it willingly, after all. If you pay $100+ on a foundation and don't love it - return it. I do not understand the conflict otherwise - it's not as if I picked out a product blindly and then got a bill in the mail.
Unless I find something else that checks all my boxes, is fragrance free and less expensive, I will repurchase, though I doubt it will be soon, even if I used this daily. Omorovicza is a surprisingly useful brand, and I'm thankful I took the plunge.

I feel like a lot of the previous reviews are on the original version of this BB cream since it used to come in one shade. Now, however, there is a Medium shade of this BB cream which is more golden in color and is not pale. I personally love this product. I used a sample of it and will most likely order the full size since my combo/oily skin drank this thing up. I cannot use any BB cream during the summer months since everything slides off my face or breaks me out due to thickness and too much moisture. This product, however, I found to be absolutely perfect for my skin type since it did not slide off and kept me oil free for 6 hours (which is unheard of). My suggestion would be buy a couple of samples on ebay and try it. You may love it, you may hate it but at least you didn't spend $135 without trying it first.

on 11/9/2013 11:30:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I was very disappointed with this product. I'd read many good reviews, and had previously enjoyed using Omorovicza's thermal cleansing balm and a few other samples. It lists all the criteria I was looking for - 'foundation, moisturiser, sunscreen & anti-aging cream in one'. It is not moisturising at all, in fact I would go as far as to say it is somewhat drying. I look like a worse version of myself whilst wearing this - it is chalky, clammy, and it seems to sit on top of the skin, and I was aware that I had something on my face throughout the day. Colour wise, I have light skin with neutral undertones, but the shade 'light' (the only option available at the time) was far too ashy and pink for me. It does include spf, in a natural formulation, so that is a bonus, theoretically speaking. In terms of anti-aging effect, I did not use it long enough to be able to comment on efficacy. The bottle and packaging are undoubtedly beautiful, unfortunately that's about the only positive thing I can say.

on 7/13/2013 1:38:00 PM

I had wanted to try this for more than a little while but £82 was a little on the steep side, and unswatched (too far away from any stockists) it seemed frankly foolish. However after some careful research and a discount code I purchased.

The colour in the bottle is quite dark, a sort of putty colour with a bit of a tan, but bizarrely on the skin it lightens considerable. My skin tone is a myriad of shades, I have hyperpigmentation around my eyes and on the sides of my face, my freckles have all merged into a bit of a splodge on my cheeks, I have reddened cheeks, and blackheads and open pores and a top of the milk coloured neck - I am pale but one shade down from the palest, a sort of ruddy porcelain as someone on MUA succintly put it.

The texture is a gel/serum and I was amazed at the level of coverage, more than sufficient, and longevity, all day - ie from 6.30am to 6.00pm, I could use it up and around the eyes and add an extra layer around my nose and chin.

I have used this in all seasons, and whilst generally there are not huge extremes of temperature in UK we are currently in a bit of a heatwave with several days of more than 28 degrees and wall to wall sunshine. This has not budged even after a frantic morning trying to clean the house ready for my son's 21st birthday, it didn't sweat off and I didn't look sweaty, just a little more glowy and I have oily skin.

Would I buy this again? In a heartbeat, it is like coming home.

This is such a crazy expensive product so, not having it available in my country to test it at the counter before buying, I made as good a research as I could before ordering.
Turns out, people are either writing sponsored reviews or they are sooooo excited to finally get their hands on super expensive products, that they are temporarily blinded because of the thrill of acquisition, which leads them to sing its praises. I tried to give this zero lippies but the system just would not let me.

This cream is *not* universal, it is PINK. I would say it suits NW15/20 skin and that's that (I am N/NC17-20). It has a very strong scent of citronella, I really think I could go out and repel mosquitos wearing this on my face. It just sits on the skin, looks pink, does nothing in terms of coverage, hydration (and I have combination/oily skin!) or illumination. It does not adapt to the skin tone either, at all.
This is too expensive a product to purchase without having the chance to try it and feel it before dishing out the hefty 80 pounds. Never again.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am 16 years old with sensitive acne prone skin. Anything breaks me out. This however, is a miracle in a bottle. Its super light and dries quickly to give me a silky somewhat luminescent finish. The smell isn't overwhelming but instead has a subtle rose hint to it. I am in love with this stuff. Its easily gives me medium coverage and to set it, I use a pressed powder for additional coverage. Its amazing. It hasn't broken me out AT ALL!