Omorovicza Complexion Perfector BB Cream SPF 20

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Omorovicza Complexion Perfector BB Cream SPF 20

3.7

Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Glycerin, Squalane, Stearyl Heptanoate, Cetearyl Olivate, Octyldodecanol, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Corundum, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Saccharomyces (Hungarian Thermal Water) Ferment Extract, Sucrose Palmitate, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Glyceryl Linoleate, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Tocopherol Acidate, Galactoarabinan, Sodium Hyaluronate, Geraniol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Tocopherol, Lactic Acid, Isostearic Acid, Citronellol, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Chlorella Vulgaris/Lupinus Albus Protein Ferment, Pectin, Phospholipids, Linalool, Potassium Sorbate, CI 77492/CI 77491/CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

BB and CC creams have been a thorn in my side since the first Missha one I ordered from Korea and tried many years ago. So many promises, such poor results - every time. In defence of the gloppy concoctions, my skin is oily, occasionally dehydrated, acne-prone and sensitive. It can't be easy to make products that suit skin like mine, and the demand for them can't be as high as it is for makeup or skin care for less complicated complexions. In short, I'm high maintenance, I know it, I'm not bitter. Mostly. Although my skin has it's challenges, I am in my mid-30s and have no wrinkles or acne, so I'm okay with very sheer coverage and accept that I will always get shiny by mid-morning or midday.
Also, money and time are not big concerns for me, so have regular facials and can search high and low or experiment as much as I want. And I have. I would challenge almost anyone to name a line of skin care or cosmetics I have not tried, and with only three exceptions, I have never found a foundation-type product I liked. In high school, it was EL Shake-It, then I found Clinique Oil Free Moisture Tint and used it off and on for years, trying new things (Chantacaille was okay) on a regular basis - I won't bore you with a list. It was discontinued and since I had switched to mostly "natural" skin care and cosmetics, I found I liked W3LL People Narcissist, but eventually couldn't get a shade match when they changed the formula. A quick affair with the Verso skin care line (falling off the "natural" wagon) left me flaky, greasy, and covered in blemishes. I didn't leave the house for two weeks except to go out running - in the dark. Amazingly, a trip to my closest department store provided what I thought was my HG - Bobbi Brown Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer in Alabaster. Lots of coverage, which I needed at the time, a good color match, and worked with my skin - no breakouts and minimal shine. See where this is going?

Discontinued.

Months later and back on my mostly Biologique Recherche (not "natural") skin care routine, finally I have this Omorovicza BB in light. It's much more of a foundation - pretty intense coverage and I still need a bit more moisture, but otherwise I love it. The lack of silicone is practically a miracle, the physical sunscreen is so soothing, the color is fine if applied lightly (I'm fair, even by Seattle standards), I do not burn or breakout despite the fragrance - it's weakest point. The packaging is lovely - I always prefer glass - and the company's customer service is great. The best way I can describe this is to say it's like a combination of Avene mineral sunscreen and Dr. Hauschka foundation, but with more coverage. It doesn't blend that well, but it also doesn't drip off when I sweat during a long run in summer. I top it off with Chanel loose powder and then a little loose sheer zinc (Silk Naturals, A+) and it's somewhat heavy, but I hope to get the hang of thinning it out because it *is* visible around any dryness or flakes.
My learning curve is... um, I'm not great with makeup;)
All of the products in this line are heavily fragranced, which is why I deducted a lippie - it's okay for a cleanser or toner, but for something that stays on your face all day, not appreciated. I don't fault the product for it's price - I paid it willingly, after all. If you pay $100+ on a foundation and don't love it - return it. I do not understand the conflict otherwise - it's not as if I picked out a product blindly and then got a bill in the mail.
Unless I find something else that checks all my boxes, is fragrance free and less expensive, I will repurchase, though I doubt it will be soon, even if I used this daily. Omorovicza is a surprisingly useful brand, and I'm thankful I took the plunge.

on 11/9/2013 11:30:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I was very disappointed with this product. I'd read many good reviews, and had previously enjoyed using Omorovicza's thermal cleansing balm and a few other samples. It lists all the criteria I was looking for - 'foundation, moisturiser, sunscreen & anti-aging cream in one'. It is not moisturising at all, in fact I would go as far as to say it is somewhat drying. I look like a worse version of myself whilst wearing this - it is chalky, clammy, and it seems to sit on top of the skin, and I was aware that I had something on my face throughout the day. Colour wise, I have light skin with neutral undertones, but the shade 'light' (the only option available at the time) was far too ashy and pink for me. It does include spf, in a natural formulation, so that is a bonus, theoretically speaking. In terms of anti-aging effect, I did not use it long enough to be able to comment on efficacy. The bottle and packaging are undoubtedly beautiful, unfortunately that's about the only positive thing I can say.

on 11/4/2013 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

OMG this is eye-weepingly EXPENSIVE for a BB cream but I put this at the top of my list for BB creams/primers.

I bought this BB cream in the light version. I am about NC15-20. The coverage is like that of a tinted moisturiser, pretty good and very neutral in colour. It has that characteristic Omorovicza mineral scent that I like. I like that this is a BB cream without silicones and includes hyaluronic acid and vit C. I have pretty dry skin and am still able to get away with using this as my moisturiser/primer underneath my regular makeup. It has an effect on my skin of refining my skin-tone (similar to the blurring effect of the Hourglass ambient lighting powders). My skin looks better long-term when I use this. I get tempted to find an alternative product that is cheaper but I think this is the ONE.

Ingredients:

Hungarian Thermal Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Glycerin, Squalane, Stearyl Heptanoate, Cetearyl Olivate, Octyldodecanol, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Corundum, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Saccharomyces (Hungarian Thermal Water) Ferment Extract, Sucrose Palmitate, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Glyceryl Linoleate, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Tocopherol Acidate, Galactoarabinan, Sodium Hyaluronate, Geraniol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Tocopherol, Lactic Acid, Isostearic Acid, Citronellol, Fragrance, Xanthan Gum, Chlorella Vulgaris/Lupinus Albus Protein Ferment, Pectin, Phospholipids, Linalool, Potassium Sorbate, CI 77492/CI 77491/CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 7/13/2013 1:38:00 PM

I had wanted to try this for more than a little while but £82 was a little on the steep side, and unswatched (too far away from any stockists) it seemed frankly foolish. However after some careful research and a discount code I purchased.

The colour in the bottle is quite dark, a sort of putty colour with a bit of a tan, but bizarrely on the skin it lightens considerable. My skin tone is a myriad of shades, I have hyperpigmentation around my eyes and on the sides of my face, my freckles have all merged into a bit of a splodge on my cheeks, I have reddened cheeks, and blackheads and open pores and a top of the milk coloured neck - I am pale but one shade down from the palest, a sort of ruddy porcelain as someone on MUA succintly put it.

The texture is a gel/serum and I was amazed at the level of coverage, more than sufficient, and longevity, all day - ie from 6.30am to 6.00pm, I could use it up and around the eyes and add an extra layer around my nose and chin.

I have used this in all seasons, and whilst generally there are not huge extremes of temperature in UK we are currently in a bit of a heatwave with several days of more than 28 degrees and wall to wall sunshine. This has not budged even after a frantic morning trying to clean the house ready for my son's 21st birthday, it didn't sweat off and I didn't look sweaty, just a little more glowy and I have oily skin.

Would I buy this again? In a heartbeat, it is like coming home.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I only got two samples of this from an online purchase, so no comments on long term performance. But I am not impressed by this, and I would certainly feel cheated had I paid full price (couldnt believe it when I found it).

It suits my winter skintone just fine (about NW20), a little on the light side, but ok. But it settles into my dry patches and makes them super visible. Maybe its the sunscreen, I don't know, it looks terrible and I will not even use my second sample. Doesn't feel very hydrating either...

Sorry. So much for hype. No like.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I am quite torn over this product, which is my first foray into the BB cream world. What sold me initially was the ingredients. It is silicone-free and does not use chemical suncreens, and is free of most other unpleasant ingredients.

The pros first: the hygenic, easy-to-use packaging; the way my skin feels after wearing it; and, as mentioned above, the mineral suncreens and the lack of silicones. (Also, their extremely fast shipping and loyalty points, if that can count!)

Now, the cons. I find the shade leans slightly towards the pink side (I am the palest of olive) and is a touch too dark for me (funnily enough, it is a seamless match with my neck in photos). That said, those are issues unique to my skin tone. As for application, it can be quite streaky at first. It really takes some good blending to get it even. Also, if my skin is not tops, it accentuates the flaws: flakes, pores, etc. As mentioned in another review below, it does not last a long time. However, I personally do not mind all that much. I am Rosemary Swift's camp on this topic: long-lasting products contain "scary" things in order to be so. Another huge detractor is the price. I cannot say that what I have experienced merits it.

It is lightly, and pleasantly, fragranced (reminds me of a foundation my mother used when I was a child), and provides what I would say solid medium coverage, concealing uneveness well. (I had it on to wear around the house the other day and my husband asked why I was made up to go out somewhere fancy.) But the bonus for me is really in how my skin feels when I remove the cream: it is noticeably softer and smoother, as though I have just done a great mask. So I will use the rest of the bottle and see where I land on it once it is done. At the moment, I cannot say that I would buy it again.

i was initially in love with this and could find no fault, but after having used it for several months I've realized that this does not last the entire day. If applied in the morning, it will look perfect for a few hours, but will start sinking into pores and fine lines by early afternoon. I feel like I have to wash my face and then reapply halfway through the day. Perhaps this is due to applying too much - I'll have to experiment with less. However, one of the main reasons I bought this was for the spf - if I only apply a little I'm not sure I'd get adequate spf protection.

on 12/29/2012 8:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Let me start by saying I did not buy this. It is far too pricey for me. $125. dollars. But I borrowed this from my sister. She said try it out for a few days over the holidays while I was with her. It is AWESOME!!! Too expensive for me but wow this really is a great product. She got this becuse it has no silicone.

My sister now has great skin. Not always but now that she is using this her skin has improved dramatically. She is closer to 50 and I am in my mid 40s. This is not a heavy cream like other BBs I have tried this is very light.

The coverage is not super like ELDW foundation but this is because it is not a foundation. A tiny dollop can cover your face. And it stays moist all day. BUT, it does not cover blemishes or acne scars or dots that you may have. I have mild roseaca and it did make me look less red and I think with long term use it would improve the texture of my skin. If you are oily? I am not sure if this is for you. I think this is better for dry skin ladies. I ave no idea how it would work for the super slick girl with acne. I am no longer an oily person. I have dry areas that just soaked up this cream. I recommend this for a dry skinned girl or normal combo lady.

Did it last?

Well, thats the thing. I do not think it lasts as well as some say. My skin felt great all day. Imagine a really great hand cream. You might need to reapply during the day. That is how I felt with this BB cream. A few places needed touch ups. Again I need to get into the mind set that this is NOT a foundation. I am learning more about BB creams. A foundation would be something you want to last all day. A BB cream is there to improve your skin. Once you get this concept, I guess you could say it lasts long. Keep in mind a little goes a long way. If you try to add more it is going to emphasize pores and lines. Dab and smooth over do not fill and cover.

My complaint is that it does not come in various shades. For me I am pale so this was perfect but for darker skinned ladies this is a shame that it does not come darker. I have heard some use bronzers or powders to add some color.

Will I buy this again? I did not buy this for myself but if I win the lottery I am buying this to wear daily.

This is such a crazy expensive product so, not having it available in my country to test it at the counter before buying, I made as good a research as I could before ordering.
Turns out, people are either writing sponsored reviews or they are sooooo excited to finally get their hands on super expensive products, that they are temporarily blinded because of the thrill of acquisition, which leads them to sing its praises. I tried to give this zero lippies but the system just would not let me.

This cream is *not* universal, it is PINK. I would say it suits NW15/20 skin and that's that (I am N/NC17-20). It has a very strong scent of citronella, I really think I could go out and repel mosquitos wearing this on my face. It just sits on the skin, looks pink, does nothing in terms of coverage, hydration (and I have combination/oily skin!) or illumination. It does not adapt to the skin tone either, at all.
This is too expensive a product to purchase without having the chance to try it and feel it before dishing out the hefty 80 pounds. Never again.

on 8/21/2012 11:07:00 AM

I wanted to like this product so much based on the reviews here and elsewhere. I don't know if I just got a lemon, but I experienced a few negatives right away. Although the pump doesn't look damaged, there might have been some problems in the shipping, because the product either hardly comes out or way too much is dispensed. Also, the product is a bit on the chalky side; I have only used the product for about a week, but I don't know how moisturizing this would be, particularly in the winter. The first time I tried the product, I used way too much, and the chalky substance made it hard to sink into my skin. Additionally, I don't know how well this would work for sensitive skin - my skin has been a bit itchy since I've been using it. The key to this is likely to find a moisturizer that works with it underneath; however, that sort of defeats the purpose of a BB cream. As such, I wouldn't buy this again.