Omorovicza Complexion Perfector BB Cream SPF 20

Omorovicza Complexion Perfector BB Cream SPF 20

3.8

Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Glycerin, Squalane, Stearyl Heptanoate, Cetearyl Olivate, Octyldodecanol, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Corundum, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Saccharomyces (Hungarian Thermal Water) Ferment Extract, Sucrose Palmitate, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Glyceryl Linoleate, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Tocopherol Acidate, Galactoarabinan, Sodium Hyaluronate, Geraniol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Tocopherol, Lactic Acid, Isostearic Acid, Citronellol, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Chlorella Vulgaris/Lupinus Albus Protein Ferment, Pectin, Phospholipids, Linalool, Potassium Sorbate, CI 77492/CI 77491/CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 11/9/2013 11:30:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I was very disappointed with this product. I'd read many good reviews, and had previously enjoyed using Omorovicza's thermal cleansing balm and a few other samples. It lists all the criteria I was looking for - 'foundation, moisturiser, sunscreen & anti-aging cream in one'. It is not moisturising at all, in fact I would go as far as to say it is somewhat drying. I look like a worse version of myself whilst wearing this - it is chalky, clammy, and it seems to sit on top of the skin, and I was aware that I had something on my face throughout the day. Colour wise, I have light skin with neutral undertones, but the shade 'light' (the only option available at the time) was far too ashy and pink for me. It does include spf, in a natural formulation, so that is a bonus, theoretically speaking. In terms of anti-aging effect, I did not use it long enough to be able to comment on efficacy. The bottle and packaging are undoubtedly beautiful, unfortunately that's about the only positive thing I can say.

on 11/5/2013 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

You know when you are lemming something for what feels like forever because it feels like it will answer every single skincare woe, finally get your hands on it & realize that it's the polar opposite in every single way?

That's how I feel about this BB cream (I purchased the original version, which I guess is light). Honestly I can't think of a positive thing to say about it. It's not moisturizing, impossible to apply the correct amount to get the SPF protection, zero glow - in fact, even applying a small amount drains all colour from my N20 face, gets into every crevice & pore... The few times I wore this, when I saw my mom she asked if I was feeling well as I looked "drawn and pale." As a result my under eye circles looked aggravated & my hyperpigmentation was more evident, so I had to apply MORE concealer to help even things out... The end result was that it took more time for me to get ready than if I just used my usual layering of products.

When I wrote to CS asking for application tips (thinking it's my butter fingers, not the product), they recommended buying the CC cream to apply underneath - another $$$$ product, are you kidding me? For this price, it should iron my clothes as well as make my skin look great.

I brought this as a bday treat for myself, rationalising that because I travel a lot, this would save a lot of space in my luggage. Well thank goodness for Sephora's wonderful return policy because this was an expensive mistake. As for travel, I get that glass makes for a "luxury" experience but this is just heavy & unwieldy.

I will be the first to say that I got caught up in the blogger hype over this product. I don't know if they had "free sample" goggles on or how anyone over NC10-15 can make this work... Yes, maybe I could use it as a foundation but why bother for this price when there are products better suited for that purpose?

This is such a crazy expensive product so, not having it available in my country to test it at the counter before buying, I made as good a research as I could before ordering.
Turns out, people are either writing sponsored reviews or they are sooooo excited to finally get their hands on super expensive products, that they are temporarily blinded because of the thrill of acquisition, which leads them to sing its praises. I tried to give this zero lippies but the system just would not let me.

This cream is *not* universal, it is PINK. I would say it suits NW15/20 skin and that's that (I am N/NC17-20). It has a very strong scent of citronella, I really think I could go out and repel mosquitos wearing this on my face. It just sits on the skin, looks pink, does nothing in terms of coverage, hydration (and I have combination/oily skin!) or illumination. It does not adapt to the skin tone either, at all.
This is too expensive a product to purchase without having the chance to try it and feel it before dishing out the hefty 80 pounds. Never again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I only got two samples of this from an online purchase, so no comments on long term performance. But I am not impressed by this, and I would certainly feel cheated had I paid full price (couldnt believe it when I found it).

It suits my winter skintone just fine (about NW20), a little on the light side, but ok. But it settles into my dry patches and makes them super visible. Maybe its the sunscreen, I don't know, it looks terrible and I will not even use my second sample. Doesn't feel very hydrating either...

Sorry. So much for hype. No like.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I had wanted this BB cream for so long, having read all the glowing reviews and product description on various websites. This would be my first BB cream ever but I held off buying it because it was only available in one shade - light. And then I saw that Neiman Marcus had in stock another shade - medium. I figured being between NC-35 to 40, medium would work. So I ordered and I got it today. I was so excited.

What a major letdown :( First, when I opened the parcel, the box containing the product was half-opened, not sealed or encased in plastic. The product did not come with a cap or cover, just the twist pump. To add to the confusion, nothing on the product or the box indicated the shade and to me, it looked pale, not medium.

And then I tried it, consistency is a lot thicker, heavier than I expected and then as I tried the product, spreading it down my cheek toward my chin to check the shade, it felt heavy, chalky, pasty even. It feels like I'm wearing a mask, I could feel the product just sitting on my skin, I can even see it, it makes my pores seem bigger than they actually are. And then there's the smell - like makeup gone bad.

I'm disappointed, of course, but I'm also really confused. All the reviews I read about this are unanimous in their praise. So it is possible I was sold a lemon by Neiman Marcus, from the packaging to the product itself, Nieman Marcus let me down today :(

on 7/2/2015 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

luxurious packaging but I would prefer a lid on. The price is high but I don't mind paying a little too much for a quality product. I am fair and the light shade is rather chalky on me, I should have bought the dark one... The performance is OK as this BB cream be blended easily, though rather quickly as it is on the drier side. It is a ...hmmm ...nice silicone free alternative BB that has a medium coverage with a tendency to chalkiness, at least the light shade.

BB and CC creams have been a thorn in my side since the first Missha one I ordered from Korea and tried many years ago. So many promises, such poor results - every time. In defence of the gloppy concoctions, my skin is oily, occasionally dehydrated, acne-prone and sensitive. It can't be easy to make products that suit skin like mine, and the demand for them can't be as high as it is for makeup or skin care for less complicated complexions. In short, I'm high maintenance, I know it, I'm not bitter. Mostly. Although my skin has it's challenges, I am in my mid-30s and have no wrinkles or acne, so I'm okay with very sheer coverage and accept that I will always get shiny by mid-morning or midday.
Also, money and time are not big concerns for me, so have regular facials and can search high and low or experiment as much as I want. And I have. I would challenge almost anyone to name a line of skin care or cosmetics I have not tried, and with only three exceptions, I have never found a foundation-type product I liked. In high school, it was EL Shake-It, then I found Clinique Oil Free Moisture Tint and used it off and on for years, trying new things (Chantacaille was okay) on a regular basis - I won't bore you with a list. It was discontinued and since I had switched to mostly "natural" skin care and cosmetics, I found I liked W3LL People Narcissist, but eventually couldn't get a shade match when they changed the formula. A quick affair with the Verso skin care line (falling off the "natural" wagon) left me flaky, greasy, and covered in blemishes. I didn't leave the house for two weeks except to go out running - in the dark. Amazingly, a trip to my closest department store provided what I thought was my HG - Bobbi Brown Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer in Alabaster. Lots of coverage, which I needed at the time, a good color match, and worked with my skin - no breakouts and minimal shine. See where this is going?

Discontinued.

Months later and back on my mostly Biologique Recherche (not "natural") skin care routine, finally I have this Omorovicza BB in light. It's much more of a foundation - pretty intense coverage and I still need a bit more moisture, but otherwise I love it. The lack of silicone is practically a miracle, the physical sunscreen is so soothing, the color is fine if applied lightly (I'm fair, even by Seattle standards), I do not burn or breakout despite the fragrance - it's weakest point. The packaging is lovely - I always prefer glass - and the company's customer service is great. The best way I can describe this is to say it's like a combination of Avene mineral sunscreen and Dr. Hauschka foundation, but with more coverage. It doesn't blend that well, but it also doesn't drip off when I sweat during a long run in summer. I top it off with Chanel loose powder and then a little loose sheer zinc (Silk Naturals, A+) and it's somewhat heavy, but I hope to get the hang of thinning it out because it *is* visible around any dryness or flakes.
My learning curve is... um, I'm not great with makeup;)
All of the products in this line are heavily fragranced, which is why I deducted a lippie - it's okay for a cleanser or toner, but for something that stays on your face all day, not appreciated. I don't fault the product for it's price - I paid it willingly, after all. If you pay $100+ on a foundation and don't love it - return it. I do not understand the conflict otherwise - it's not as if I picked out a product blindly and then got a bill in the mail.
Unless I find something else that checks all my boxes, is fragrance free and less expensive, I will repurchase, though I doubt it will be soon, even if I used this daily. Omorovicza is a surprisingly useful brand, and I'm thankful I took the plunge.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I am quite torn over this product, which is my first foray into the BB cream world. What sold me initially was the ingredients. It is silicone-free and does not use chemical suncreens, and is free of most other unpleasant ingredients.

The pros first: the hygenic, easy-to-use packaging; the way my skin feels after wearing it; and, as mentioned above, the mineral suncreens and the lack of silicones. (Also, their extremely fast shipping and loyalty points, if that can count!)

Now, the cons. I find the shade leans slightly towards the pink side (I am the palest of olive) and is a touch too dark for me (funnily enough, it is a seamless match with my neck in photos). That said, those are issues unique to my skin tone. As for application, it can be quite streaky at first. It really takes some good blending to get it even. Also, if my skin is not tops, it accentuates the flaws: flakes, pores, etc. As mentioned in another review below, it does not last a long time. However, I personally do not mind all that much. I am Rosemary Swift's camp on this topic: long-lasting products contain "scary" things in order to be so. Another huge detractor is the price. I cannot say that what I have experienced merits it.

It is lightly, and pleasantly, fragranced (reminds me of a foundation my mother used when I was a child), and provides what I would say solid medium coverage, concealing uneveness well. (I had it on to wear around the house the other day and my husband asked why I was made up to go out somewhere fancy.) But the bonus for me is really in how my skin feels when I remove the cream: it is noticeably softer and smoother, as though I have just done a great mask. So I will use the rest of the bottle and see where I land on it once it is done. At the moment, I cannot say that I would buy it again.

i was initially in love with this and could find no fault, but after having used it for several months I've realized that this does not last the entire day. If applied in the morning, it will look perfect for a few hours, but will start sinking into pores and fine lines by early afternoon. I feel like I have to wash my face and then reapply halfway through the day. Perhaps this is due to applying too much - I'll have to experiment with less. However, one of the main reasons I bought this was for the spf - if I only apply a little I'm not sure I'd get adequate spf protection.

on 8/21/2012 11:07:00 AM

I wanted to like this product so much based on the reviews here and elsewhere. I don't know if I just got a lemon, but I experienced a few negatives right away. Although the pump doesn't look damaged, there might have been some problems in the shipping, because the product either hardly comes out or way too much is dispensed. Also, the product is a bit on the chalky side; I have only used the product for about a week, but I don't know how moisturizing this would be, particularly in the winter. The first time I tried the product, I used way too much, and the chalky substance made it hard to sink into my skin. Additionally, I don't know how well this would work for sensitive skin - my skin has been a bit itchy since I've been using it. The key to this is likely to find a moisturizer that works with it underneath; however, that sort of defeats the purpose of a BB cream. As such, I wouldn't buy this again.