Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Medium/Deep

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Medium/Deep
BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Medium/Deep

2.8

Active: Octinoxate 4%...Purpose: Sunscreen. Inactive: Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Peg-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Cyclohexasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Stearyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Caprylyl Glycol, Lithum Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Disodium Edta, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Caffeine, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Citral, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate. [May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides]

on 4/20/2015 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ok, so I have the shade 'Medium' and its quite red on the skin. This BB cream was just wtf for me, quite red toned, made my skin wayyyy too shiny upon application and minimal staying power. I mean, blended with a BB and set with a 'heavy' powder it looked 'OK', but I wouldnt repurchase this. I did use the oily/combo skin formula, a while ago and that one held up lovely on the skin.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Honestly.. this bb is kind of horrible but i will try to finish it. It feels so thick.. has a reddish tint different than my skin.. is very greasy.. i gyess the only good thing is it does cover okay but theres alot of negatives

on 10/16/2013 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

my first use of this product left me with a bitter taste.
1. it's not dark enough for darker skin, so when I put it on, I have ghost face until the oils blend it in.
2. do not use too much of this product, it is not super blendable a little goes along way.
I've started using it after i prime my face with calamine lotion and set with my true match powder and it looks sooooo much better! It really gives a nice smooth finish and holds out longer

i honestly don't know if i would buy it again though

on 3/17/2013 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This was a total impulse buy. I usually use Clinique Superbalanced, but wanted something that could be applied in a hurry. I haven't ever used any other BB creams, but I would compare this with a tinted moisturizer. I cleanse my face, apply moisturizer, apply this lightly with my fingers, then set with a powder.

Pros: SPF 15, color matched by tan skin, lightweight, lasts most of the day once set, doesn't break me out
Cons: I'm not a fan of the scent, but it's tolerable

Edit: Broke me out in ways that I haven't had in years.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I purchased this product in "Deep". For reference here are some of my skin matches:

-MAC Studio Tint - Deep Dark
-MAC Prolong Wear Foundation - NC50
-Revlon Colorstay Whipped - Caramel
-Maybelline Superstay - Caramel
-MAC Face and Body - N7
-Milani Cream to Powder Foundation - Spiced Almond

I also have very oily skin, I use milk of magnesia everyday under my moisturizer, whether I wear foundation or not.

With that said...I really enjoy this BB cream! I think people want this to do more than what is claims on the box...when in fact, it does exactly what it claims! It evens out your skin tone, it does not say "to perfection" its says EVENS, which means, "will be more even than it was with no makeup"...it does this. I have slight fading hyper-pigmentation on my cheeks, it covers it completely. It also claims that it keeps the skin from getting oily. I workout almost everyday and I have worn this to the gym many days..after working 8-10+ hours...and my skin looks great after working AND 5 miles of running. It also keeps my skin feeling moisturized without making it more oily...so all in all. I think it lives up to its claims. If it doesnt cover everything, it wasnt meant to...but for those that want sheer coverage without the look and feel of makeup, this def does that. The smell doesnt bother me, and it hasnt broken me out. I also love that it looks like I have NOTHING on...when I look in the mirror I see mascara and a bit of bronzer...and my SKIN! That is the one thing I look for in a product and I am happy it meets my standards in that department

When I first put it on my skin I thought it was going to be a little on the orange side (a lot of women that have reviewed the lighter shades have often said its a bit orange)...but after it sets a few minutes on the skin (5 min, enough for me to do the rest of my makeup) its perfect. It looks like i have nothing on...I usually wear either MAC F&B or MAC Studio Tint on a daily basis, I think this wears just as well, and for the price point it cant be beat ($10-12). I will def be repurchasing this. Deep seems to be a little hard to find, I had to go to three different drugstores, so I suggest either ordering online, or stocking up.

I never thought that a BB cream would not only do what it claims, but be in a shade that is suitable for me. I am very very pleased with this product. My only gripe, is that it leaks a bit...I need to sit it on its end (cap side up) so it doesnt drip. I think its just because its brand new and full of product,. but annoying all the same...not enough not to love the product however.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I use it as a tinted moisturizer to blur out my acne blemishes. It takes a while to dry, but after it sets it looks great. It helps to diminish the redness on my face, and gives my face a dewy look. You can also apply some loose powder on top to have a more matte look. The price is not bad, you can get it at any drug store or beauty supply store. I have sensitive skin and it did not break me out at all. It's the only BB cream I've ever tried so far so I can't compare it to anything else, but it's pretty good for the price. People would really notice the difference in my skin when I applied the BB cream compared to when I did not use it (they just thought my skin cleared up, but it was just the BB cream.)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I decided to try this bb cream after reading a few reviews on different drug store bb cream options. I agree with most of the reviews that this gives your skin a terribly greasy look. I have quite oily skin so it probably wasn't the best choice. With that being said I don't hate it.... I like the lightness of the product and the color is actually perfect for my skin tone. Usually when I use it I'll just use a powder in my t-zone to get rid of some of the shine and it's completely fine. I have no doubt there are much better bb's out there but this one isn't so bad that I don't use it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

After reading the reviews, it appears that many really did expect a "miracle" as the package says. I didn't expect any miracles, but was happily surprised. I'm 48 with oily, acne-prone, sensitive (seborrheic), blotchy skin. (Can't get much worse than that!) Before discovering this, I've already been using a retinol serum at night, and a 2% salicylic gel during the day (both Neutrogena) for several months now. These products have kept the seborrhea and oiliness/acne under control. This bb cream is like the icing on the cake. It blends beautifully into my medium-tan skin and evens out the blotchiness. It also moisturizes nicely and doesn't make me break out. (I dust a mineral veil powder over it, so it doesn't really melt off even in the humid South.) Friends have mentioned that I have beautiful skin and that it doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup. I think that makes it a keeper for me!

on 6/19/2012 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

EDIT: I've had to lower my rating to 1 lippie. After using this only a few days, this morning, I had to raid the medicine cabinet in my teenage sons' bathroom to use their ProActiv stuff. I've got 4 cystic bumps that seem to be getting bigger, and a few little pumps over my pores on my cheeks. The red, cystic bumps hurt. The culprit could be the Octinoxate...which has given me trouble a lot, or maybe this is just too moisture-heavy for my skin. I was so glad this didn't turn grayish, but I don't want a "blemish balm" to be the cause of my blemishes...
ORIGINAL: After applying this, before reading the ingredients, I could FEEL that this has a lot of alcohol in it, and not the moisturizing kind. Why? Because it feels so good - like the product is evaporating, and it's cooling as soon as it hits skin.This feels wonderfully light and soothing, it spreads beautifully, and it sets right away (unlike Miracle Skin Transformer, which never, ever sets on my skin.) This BB Cream gives my skin a glow - but it's a bit much. It doesn't look natural. It's not "shimmery" but it's glowy enough to look oily, and I need no boosts in the oil department.
There are two things which would keep me from repurchasing this: 1. The SPF is only 15, and it's not an ingredient with UVA protection (http://www.skincancer.org/prevention/uva-and-uvb/shining-light-on-ultraviolet-radiation - Octinoxate 4%). 2. This cream seems to be kind of heavy if I layer it enough to get medium coverage over my melasma. In general, I find the coverage to be pretty good for everyday wear, and I wear this without foundation, but it's not really a perfect match for me. It's better when I wear it over a yellow-tinted primer. I put some primer over it, which helped with the shine, but the mixture was too heavy to be comfortable. This BB Cream is not for me, but I look forward to trying some of the brands that made this product category such a sensation in the first place. Hopefully a broader shade range will be available soon for the American market.

on 4/26/2012 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this for my hands. No longer a spring chicken, I have blotchy, veiny, wrinkly hands. This product does a pretty good job of evening the tone and making my hands look a little more presentable. Even better if used over a good hand moisturizer first. This will be in my purse all year round!