Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Medium/Deep

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Medium/Deep
BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Medium/Deep

3.0

Active: Octinoxate 4%...Purpose: Sunscreen. Inactive: Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Peg-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Cyclohexasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Stearyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Caprylyl Glycol, Lithum Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Disodium Edta, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Caffeine, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Citral, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate. [May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides]

I had never used a BB cream before and i was a bit skeptical about the hype for this particular product, but i thought i would take a chance and buy it anyway. Upon applying this product i found it looked too dark on my skin and i didn't like the smell or the consistency of the BB cream it was too thick and gluey. i disliked the way the product felt on my skin ( like i had a ton of foundation on) not a nice look at all. I don't think this product was worth the money i paid for it and i would much rather use normal foundation.

I ended up binning the product and i would never buy again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I started out LOVING this BB cream. So far, it has the best coverage with the lease caking of any BB Cream I've tried yet!
HOWEVER, I do have several complaints. One, It makes me break out! I originally purchased this after using Retin-A to clear my acne with miraculous results! But once I started using this cream to cover my scars, my acne returned. Now, Garnier DOES make an oil-free version, but I fid that it's too runny! I dont know how the liquid always leaks out of the tube with cap screwed on, but it does. So much so, that it actually ruined one of the outfits I bought for my honeymoon. (I should have put it in a baggie, silly me!)
The coverage of the oil-free is ok, but I also find that the formula is too dry, so I have to wear lotion underneath.
Back to the original formula, I love the texture and how it applies. Acne aside, it still gives an oily sheen when applied which needs to be rectified with powder.
I wish garnier would put out a product for the middle ground. They are SO CLOSE!

on 6/23/2013 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Orange mess!!! This junk looks like shiny orange paint that never dries. It instantly caused me to break out. Not to mention this is not "deep" by any means, It made my egyptian/czech complexion look like a bright orange disaster.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this BB cream because tragedy stuck one night and I lost my makeup back with all my gear (mostly MUFE and EL foundations, concealers, shadows, primers; along with MAC and Japonesque Brushes) and had no choice but to go to the Drug Store and try and find something that I could use temporarily until I could get back my MUF Matte Velvet, Full Coverage Concealer, primer and Setting powder, and EL DWL in 3 and 4, my shadows, and my face and eye brushes. So sad to have lost all my stuff.

But back to the GF BB Cream. I found that:

1) There needs to be a larger range of shades. I have to blend Med/Deep and Deep to get the right shade, I'm NW40-42 in Mac, Intensity 4 in EL DWL and Shell Beige 4N1 in EL DW. All these foundations blend perfectly into my naturally tan skin. But GF BB Cream in Med/Deep is on the light side and the Deep is just, well too deep. I think the Deep can be used as a liquid bronzer.

2) It does not cause Acne, as long as you remove it every night with a makeup remover and toner to remove any remaining traces.

3) I store it upside down with the cap turned up because it has a very light liquidy consistency, kind of reminds me of Chanel Aqua Lumier, but with sucky packaging that allows the product to ooze out and leak into the cap if left standing up on its lid. Also, if you don't flip it over, the spout gets covered in product and it looks gross when you go to use it. So I keep it upside down in the same cup that holds my stippling brush, foundation brush and powder brush.

4) It provides decent coverage. I would consider this a solid medium coverage product. Its definitely not full coverage like EL DW or MUFE MV, but it does perform similarly to MAC studio fix, which is markets as a full coverage foundation (I don't think it is). It does cover up redness and hyper pigmentation. I found that when using around the eye area for dark circles that it made my eyes sting, so watch out for that.

5) It does not last all day like EL DW, which I consider to be the standard by which to judge all other so called long-wearing foundations. However, this product is not marketed as long wearing and it is definitely easier to remove than EL DW or MAC ProWear. I find myself having to reapply or touch up mid day even if I set with powder.

6) It can cake if you don't prep your skin, and the color can shift an oxidize to a lighter color, so be aware of that. Otherwise, I find that it looks natural in any light - outdoor or indoor from flattering to the dreaded fluorescent lights. It's oil control properties do leave something to be desired. I find that it leaves me with a dewy finish, which I don't expect with a product marketed to those with oily/combination skin.

Overall, I'm satisfied with this product. I won't use this as my go to foundation. For that I'll stick to MUF and EL. This is more of a backup and something to slap on on the weekends when I dont feel like applying, concealing and setting. And I hate the packaging.

I think I will try a more high end BB cream in the future to keep as a backup coverup.

on 6/9/2013 6:14:00 AM

This is the first bb cream I've ever used, and extremely disappointed. Garnier marketed this product and everyone in my town was talking about it, so I did get sold by the marketing to get this product.

When I first applied this product, I used a brush, and it looked okay- but could be better. Coverage less than medium. I then decided to use my fingers instead, but it looked worse. Maybe it's also because I hate rubbing things with color into my skin anyways.

Anyway, I wore it for around 6 hours, and when I came back, my face was BREAKING OUT. Maybe it's just a coincidence right? Nooo, every time I use it after that, I break out. So I definitely don't recommend this product for people with oily, acne-prone and sensitive skin people, because that's my skin type. However, my friend has just oily skin, and it works fine for her, but she also gets breakouts. So, sad to say, this product is a no-no for me.

on 3/23/2013 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Yes, indeed, it evened out my skin tone and left it glowing without looking greasy. Beautiful finish. But I broke out like never before the next day. I'm afraid to even give it another try.

on 1/4/2013 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this product. Since I'm in my 30's now, I want something that isnt completely matte, and this is it. It makes my skin look luminous. I can put on powder if i want more coverage or to cover up shine. The medium/deep is great for summer and to perk up my winter skin. I'm not sure how much it really moisturizes, but I think it is more than typical foundations.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I wanted to love this product I really did but I feel like it was too much for my acne prone skin. It really left my skin feeling too hydrated and oily I did not like it at all. I feel that if you are going to say it's a BB cream it should do what a BB cream does and make your skin look better not worse. I think it would suit people with dryer/normal skin. As for the shade I chose it was alright it's not perfect but oh well now I know I'm not going to purchase it anymore.

on 8/23/2012 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I hadn't tried a BB Cream before this one and heard from some youtube beauty gurus that this cream was comparable to smashbox's bb cream which runs at 40 something dollars, so i decided to give the 11$ product a try from my local walmart! Like others said it is a bit oily and you probably would want to put a foundation over it. It is a great alternative to a liquid foundation for me as is it a lighter, tinted moisturizer on my skin! I am used to putting a matte powder on my skin periodically throughout the day so the oily tendency didnt bother me! I really like this product overall! It makes my skin look more vibrant and flawless and i would definitely reccommed it to someone looking for a great, lighter alternative for everyday wear, to a liquid foundation.

on 8/8/2012 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Judging from the previous reviews, I didn't expect to like this. I have used quite alot of asian BB brands but being a darker skinned southeast asian, i wanted to try the american BB creams due to their wider color varieties.

What I liked:
it made my face glow and dewy almost younger
it felt hydrating
it diffused my dark acne spots/age spots
This is perfect for one of those weekend day uses where i don't feel like putting on a full face and just go hiking/walking with my SO.

What I didn't like:
My face looks too dewy by a few hours.