Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Medium/Deep

Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Medium/Deep
BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Medium/Deep

3.0

Active: Octinoxate 4%...Purpose: Sunscreen. Inactive: Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Peg-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Cyclohexasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Stearyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Caprylyl Glycol, Lithum Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Disodium Edta, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Caffeine, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Citral, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate. [May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides]

on 4/14/2012 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

I really cannot understand the uproar as to whether or not this is a "true" BB Cream. As if the term represents some medical miracle or holy ointment. The ads represent exactly what the product is.
It is a mineral tinted, vitamin C enriched, products that provides moisture and a degree of SPF protection.
The cost for the amount is very reasonable.
Pros:
Evens skintone
Lasts at least eight hours, more if primer and powder is added.
The vitamin C has actually lightened the uneven tone and the spf works well.
It looks very natural.
Can be used as a primer or a foundation. Because it provides ample moisture, it really requires no additional moisture providing product. A plus in my book.
The tones are sheer and with a little practice one can determine the right amount for the coverage desired.
Price. This stuff is very inexpensive given the amount provided.
Cons:
Fragrance. If you are fragrance sensitive then you really should avoid any and all products containing fragrance.
This product was designed for a Western market, so it is not aimed at the same target marget as a BB cream made in Korea per se. The idea behind BB creams is to provide all in one products that provide an immediate improvement to the look of skin, protect from environmental damage, provide moisture and improve skin quality.
This product delivers on all accounts.
How dare a French cosmetic producer borrow great ideas from other parts of the world, and adjusting the benefits to a different market (sarcasm).
Check out my profile pic. I am wearing it, and I am male. My skin has improved greatly since using this product. BTW, the traditional BB creams I have tried (no names mentioned) left my skin looking grey and dull. Southern Italian tones I am sure were not the target market. I am sure these products work exceptionally well for the target market, just as the Garnier product works very well for me.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I purchased this product in "Deep". For reference here are some of my skin matches:

-MAC Studio Tint - Deep Dark
-MAC Prolong Wear Foundation - NC50
-Revlon Colorstay Whipped - Caramel
-Maybelline Superstay - Caramel
-MAC Face and Body - N7
-Milani Cream to Powder Foundation - Spiced Almond

I also have very oily skin, I use milk of magnesia everyday under my moisturizer, whether I wear foundation or not.

With that said...I really enjoy this BB cream! I think people want this to do more than what is claims on the box...when in fact, it does exactly what it claims! It evens out your skin tone, it does not say "to perfection" its says EVENS, which means, "will be more even than it was with no makeup"...it does this. I have slight fading hyper-pigmentation on my cheeks, it covers it completely. It also claims that it keeps the skin from getting oily. I workout almost everyday and I have worn this to the gym many days..after working 8-10+ hours...and my skin looks great after working AND 5 miles of running. It also keeps my skin feeling moisturized without making it more oily...so all in all. I think it lives up to its claims. If it doesnt cover everything, it wasnt meant to...but for those that want sheer coverage without the look and feel of makeup, this def does that. The smell doesnt bother me, and it hasnt broken me out. I also love that it looks like I have NOTHING on...when I look in the mirror I see mascara and a bit of bronzer...and my SKIN! That is the one thing I look for in a product and I am happy it meets my standards in that department

When I first put it on my skin I thought it was going to be a little on the orange side (a lot of women that have reviewed the lighter shades have often said its a bit orange)...but after it sets a few minutes on the skin (5 min, enough for me to do the rest of my makeup) its perfect. It looks like i have nothing on...I usually wear either MAC F&B or MAC Studio Tint on a daily basis, I think this wears just as well, and for the price point it cant be beat ($10-12). I will def be repurchasing this. Deep seems to be a little hard to find, I had to go to three different drugstores, so I suggest either ordering online, or stocking up.

I never thought that a BB cream would not only do what it claims, but be in a shade that is suitable for me. I am very very pleased with this product. My only gripe, is that it leaks a bit...I need to sit it on its end (cap side up) so it doesnt drip. I think its just because its brand new and full of product,. but annoying all the same...not enough not to love the product however.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I've only been using this product for two days but I really like it so far. It's ideal for hot summer days or just any time you don't feel like wearing heavier foundations. I've read some reviews saying this is not a BB cream at all but I disagree. Cosmetic BBs are meant to even skin tone, moisturize, provide sun protection, and can act as a primer if you still want to apply a foundation. It may not have the supposed age-fighting serums and whitening/brightening properties of some BBs, but I don't think that's necessary.
For me, this product did exactly what it claimed it would. At first I was afraid medium/deep wouldn't match my NC35-40 skin tone but it did! I don't even need to apply my normal moisturizer beforehand. And I can apply it straight from the tube with my fingers, no brushes needed. (which equals less brush cleaning :3 ) It covers up the redness around my nose and cheeks, and conceals minor blemishes. Like others have said, you can apply powder to cut back the slight dewiness it gives, but it looks fine without it as well.

on 4/18/2012 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

BB Creams have been all the talk lately, so I decided to give this one a try since it was pretty inexpensive, and Non comedogenic, which for me as a sufferer of adult cystic acne, is a must. So I decided on the med/dark, although I easily could have gone the lighter shade and added a bronzer or darker powder.

As my usual morning routine went on, I gave this BB cream a try. It was thick coming out of the tube but once rubbed into hands it smoothed out to a nice texture, and it has a pleasant smell, a bit perfumey for my daily liking, but it was easily something I could get over.

I really liked how easy it was to smooth over your face and neck, it was effortless. However, it was a touch too dark for me and it gave me more of an orange-ish glow rather than a sun baked bronzed look, so I tried to tone it down with a translucent powder. I did not notice that it helped "even out my complexion" in fact my foundation works much better IMO. Also, this product did not soak into my face and kept my skin a touch over the dewy complexion stage and into the more greasy look.

A few hours into wearing it, I started to notice that my neck was itching like CRAZY! I went into the bathroom and noticed that my neck was bright red with little white raised bumps all over. I tried to wipe off the BB cream as much as possible, but the damage was done, I had broken out in hives. I have no idea which ingredient in this product did it to me, but it was bad. Four days later I am still clawing at my neck to itch it. I have scabs and bloody nicks all over my chest and neck and nothing is helping the itching, not creams, antihistamines or aloe, or cold water...nothing. So here I am suffering with an itchy miserable neck that looks like I was attacked by scabies. Learned my lesson the hard way...I need to stick to products that have better ingredients and perhaps are sold at more reputable places such as Sephora...not CVS, my skin just can't handle harsh ingredients I suppose. So to say the least this product was going back anyways because of the color, but now it will be an item I will not be replacing.

on 4/26/2012 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this for my hands. No longer a spring chicken, I have blotchy, veiny, wrinkly hands. This product does a pretty good job of evening the tone and making my hands look a little more presentable. Even better if used over a good hand moisturizer first. This will be in my purse all year round!

on 1/20/2014 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have dry skin that is light/medium with neutral leaning toward yellow tone. For the past few years I have used and loved La Mer Fluid Tint in Medium (mixed with Light during the winter), but they discontinued it. I first picked this up in England, before BB creams hit the US market. I stayed with Garnier BB cream after trying countless BB Creams and tinted moisturizers from Sephora (NARS, Laura Mercier, Josie Maran, etc.). I found most to be either too yellow or too pink, too heavy or too light. This BB cream is just as good as the high priced ones and happens to suit my skin tone. I use the Light/Medium and mix a bit of Medium/Deep in for a perfect match to my in between skin tone. It goes on smooth and looks natural with light buildable coverage. It does not settle into pores and is perfect for my dry skin.

(Update: I quit using this after developing rosacea and needing a fragrance free option. Fragrance is not good for your skin.)

on 9/12/2012 10:00:00 PM

Hate this product! Makes my skin so greasy and an unflattering color.. my face looks wet when I use this. Eventualy it gets watered down.. and its 18$. What a waste of money.

on 8/11/2012 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

It looked alright at first but then i couldn't leave it on for more than 5 minutes without my skin getting super duper oily and the bb cream start sliding all over my face. It's also not great for olive skin because it's very orange. Disappointed so I won't buy again. Smells amazing though

Made me break out big time.. I won't be using this. it works so well on my friend so I gave him the bottle. x

on 5/31/2012 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

How is this color suppose to match medium/deep skintones, its too darn light!! I'm NC40, and Its 2 shades lighter than my skintone. It is sheer and lumious. It rubbed off as I put it on, the formula is thin, and the staying power is 0. How is this better than maybelliene fit me? I just has sunscreen, thats all this product has going for it, what happens when it melts off the skin, its no longer protecting the skin.