Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Medium/Deep

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Medium/Deep
BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Medium/Deep

3.0

Active: Octinoxate 4%...Purpose: Sunscreen. Inactive: Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Peg-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Cyclohexasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Stearyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Caprylyl Glycol, Lithum Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Disodium Edta, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Caffeine, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Citral, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate. [May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides]

on 4/18/2012 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

BB Creams have been all the talk lately, so I decided to give this one a try since it was pretty inexpensive, and Non comedogenic, which for me as a sufferer of adult cystic acne, is a must. So I decided on the med/dark, although I easily could have gone the lighter shade and added a bronzer or darker powder.

As my usual morning routine went on, I gave this BB cream a try. It was thick coming out of the tube but once rubbed into hands it smoothed out to a nice texture, and it has a pleasant smell, a bit perfumey for my daily liking, but it was easily something I could get over.

I really liked how easy it was to smooth over your face and neck, it was effortless. However, it was a touch too dark for me and it gave me more of an orange-ish glow rather than a sun baked bronzed look, so I tried to tone it down with a translucent powder. I did not notice that it helped "even out my complexion" in fact my foundation works much better IMO. Also, this product did not soak into my face and kept my skin a touch over the dewy complexion stage and into the more greasy look.

A few hours into wearing it, I started to notice that my neck was itching like CRAZY! I went into the bathroom and noticed that my neck was bright red with little white raised bumps all over. I tried to wipe off the BB cream as much as possible, but the damage was done, I had broken out in hives. I have no idea which ingredient in this product did it to me, but it was bad. Four days later I am still clawing at my neck to itch it. I have scabs and bloody nicks all over my chest and neck and nothing is helping the itching, not creams, antihistamines or aloe, or cold water...nothing. So here I am suffering with an itchy miserable neck that looks like I was attacked by scabies. Learned my lesson the hard way...I need to stick to products that have better ingredients and perhaps are sold at more reputable places such as Sephora...not CVS, my skin just can't handle harsh ingredients I suppose. So to say the least this product was going back anyways because of the color, but now it will be an item I will not be replacing.

on 6/19/2012 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

EDIT: I've had to lower my rating to 1 lippie. After using this only a few days, this morning, I had to raid the medicine cabinet in my teenage sons' bathroom to use their ProActiv stuff. I've got 4 cystic bumps that seem to be getting bigger, and a few little pumps over my pores on my cheeks. The red, cystic bumps hurt. The culprit could be the Octinoxate...which has given me trouble a lot, or maybe this is just too moisture-heavy for my skin. I was so glad this didn't turn grayish, but I don't want a "blemish balm" to be the cause of my blemishes...
ORIGINAL: After applying this, before reading the ingredients, I could FEEL that this has a lot of alcohol in it, and not the moisturizing kind. Why? Because it feels so good - like the product is evaporating, and it's cooling as soon as it hits skin.This feels wonderfully light and soothing, it spreads beautifully, and it sets right away (unlike Miracle Skin Transformer, which never, ever sets on my skin.) This BB Cream gives my skin a glow - but it's a bit much. It doesn't look natural. It's not "shimmery" but it's glowy enough to look oily, and I need no boosts in the oil department.
There are two things which would keep me from repurchasing this: 1. The SPF is only 15, and it's not an ingredient with UVA protection (http://www.skincancer.org/prevention/uva-and-uvb/shining-light-on-ultraviolet-radiation - Octinoxate 4%). 2. This cream seems to be kind of heavy if I layer it enough to get medium coverage over my melasma. In general, I find the coverage to be pretty good for everyday wear, and I wear this without foundation, but it's not really a perfect match for me. It's better when I wear it over a yellow-tinted primer. I put some primer over it, which helped with the shine, but the mixture was too heavy to be comfortable. This BB Cream is not for me, but I look forward to trying some of the brands that made this product category such a sensation in the first place. Hopefully a broader shade range will be available soon for the American market.

on 8/7/2012 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I decided to give this bb cream a try and i really love it! i don't have severe dark spots but the small ones i got get covered, and people noticed and told me that my skin looks so smooth, young and natural no one could tell i had it on. Now since this acts as a moisturized it does make your face a bit shiny so it helps to put powder on top to set it, sometimes i decide not to and go with a dewy look. My skin hasn't broken out and it feels so nice! i've been using it for almost a month now and i already told my friends about it. I bought the medium/deep for this summer as i'm a chameleon during the seasons lol but soon i will give the light one a try.

on 8/11/2012 1:13:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

It looked alright at first but then i couldn't leave it on for more than 5 minutes without my skin getting super duper oily and the bb cream start sliding all over my face. It's also not great for olive skin because it's very orange. Disappointed so I won't buy again. Smells amazing though

on 9/13/2012 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this when it first came out and I can't even give it away! This is so greasy I have very oily skin as it is but even less then a pea size amount had my face greasy all day. There was no coverage and the odor is terrible. I tried to give it to my mom who by the way never turns down anything as long as its free. She wouldn't even take it! Will not be purchasing this again.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I decided to try this bb cream after reading a few reviews on different drug store bb cream options. I agree with most of the reviews that this gives your skin a terribly greasy look. I have quite oily skin so it probably wasn't the best choice. With that being said I don't hate it.... I like the lightness of the product and the color is actually perfect for my skin tone. Usually when I use it I'll just use a powder in my t-zone to get rid of some of the shine and it's completely fine. I have no doubt there are much better bb's out there but this one isn't so bad that I don't use it.

on 9/27/2012 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

so like others said, it does make ur skin a little shiny, but that wasnt even my main gripe bc i like the dewy look and a couple of oil blotters or finishing powders could solve this problem. my main gripe was that it was very orange based so this would be good for a pinker person, but im olive/yellow toned and so i need something with a yellow base which this didnt cut it. on the plus side, it is 2.5 oz which is a lot of product compared to usual foundation/moisturizers

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was SOOOO excited to buy this product. I wouldn't stop talking about it to my boyfriend, so he surprised me and bought it for me. I was so thankful and he wanted me to try it out when we went to the movies. So, when I was getting ready, I took a little and put it on my skin. My first impression: "OH MY GAWD THIS IS SO DARK!!" It was wayyy too dark for me!! My friend, has the light/medium one, which is too light for me, and the medium/deep is wayy too dark for me!!
I blended it as much as I could, and just said I'll tan to make it more my skin tone.
After that night, I was like, "NEVER AGAIN!!" It was so oily, it made me breakout, it made my skin look soooo dull, it didn't hide ANY imperfections (acne scars and dark circles) and it didn't moisturise my skin at all. Not even to mention that the bottle is TINY!!!
I was expecting it to be around the height of the box, or a little less. I swear this product is HALF the size of the box. It is SOOOOO tiny, its unbelievable. My boyfriend bought this for $23. (Everything where I live is severely overpriced for no reason x_x Haha, I live in Bermuda, btw). I paid him back immediately because I wasn't going to let him buy me a really crappy product that I'd never use again.

So, basically, to sum it up: Oily, doesn't hide imperfections, too dark for my skin tone, doesn't moisturise, broke me out.

Horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE, product.
Hope this helped :D

on 12/15/2012 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This was my first bb cream and I wasn't ecstatic or upset. I normally go for a light/medium coverage foundation so I thought this would be a good alternative. The consistency from what I understand is thicker than most bb creams, but I didn't mind it. I use a kabuki brush and it really does blend in well and cover any redness. The only downfall to this product is that it is too moisturizing for me. I have really oily skin, and even when i use a primer my t zone still gets super shiny so I have to blot at least twice a day. The price is reasonable when I see other bb creams at Sephora, but the smell is just too over powering. Most smells go away after a couple hours of wear, but this just stays all day so for anyone who doesn't like perfumy smells, don't invest in this product.

on 1/24/2013 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I like it, but I use it more like a moisturizer since I still wear foundation on top. Or is that normal use for a BB cream? I have no idea. Anyway, this is nice and light and gives just enough color for me to feel like its worth the $12 or so I paid for it. I've already repurchased 3 or 4 times and will continue to do so until I find something better. The only improvement would be to re-vamp the stupid tube... It always gets bent in a weird way as the product is depleted. It makes the label unroll from the tube and then you have a sticky tube with the label peeling off in your makeup bag, nice. They should print the label on the plastic tube instead of using a sticker.