I bought this BB cream because tragedy stuck one night and I lost my makeup back with all my gear (mostly MUFE and EL foundations, concealers, shadows, primers; along with MAC and Japonesque Brushes) and had no choice but to go to the Drug Store and try and find something that I could use temporarily until I could get back my MUF Matte Velvet, Full Coverage Concealer, primer and Setting powder, and EL DWL in 3 and 4, my shadows, and my face and eye brushes. So sad to have lost all my stuff.
But back to the GF BB Cream. I found that:
1) There needs to be a larger range of shades. I have to blend Med/Deep and Deep to get the right shade, I'm NW40-42 in Mac, Intensity 4 in EL DWL and Shell Beige 4N1 in EL DW. All these foundations blend perfectly into my naturally tan skin. But GF BB Cream in Med/Deep is on the light side and the Deep is just, well too deep. I think the Deep can be used as a liquid bronzer.
2) It does not cause Acne, as long as you remove it every night with a makeup remover and toner to remove any remaining traces.
3) I store it upside down with the cap turned up because it has a very light liquidy consistency, kind of reminds me of Chanel Aqua Lumier, but with sucky packaging that allows the product to ooze out and leak into the cap if left standing up on its lid. Also, if you don't flip it over, the spout gets covered in product and it looks gross when you go to use it. So I keep it upside down in the same cup that holds my stippling brush, foundation brush and powder brush.
4) It provides decent coverage. I would consider this a solid medium coverage product. Its definitely not full coverage like EL DW or MUFE MV, but it does perform similarly to MAC studio fix, which is markets as a full coverage foundation (I don't think it is). It does cover up redness and hyper pigmentation. I found that when using around the eye area for dark circles that it made my eyes sting, so watch out for that.
5) It does not last all day like EL DW, which I consider to be the standard by which to judge all other so called long-wearing foundations. However, this product is not marketed as long wearing and it is definitely easier to remove than EL DW or MAC ProWear. I find myself having to reapply or touch up mid day even if I set with powder.
6) It can cake if you don't prep your skin, and the color can shift an oxidize to a lighter color, so be aware of that. Otherwise, I find that it looks natural in any light - outdoor or indoor from flattering to the dreaded fluorescent lights. It's oil control properties do leave something to be desired. I find that it leaves me with a dewy finish, which I don't expect with a product marketed to those with oily/combination skin.
Overall, I'm satisfied with this product. I won't use this as my go to foundation. For that I'll stick to MUF and EL. This is more of a backup and something to slap on on the weekends when I dont feel like applying, concealing and setting. And I hate the packaging.
I think I will try a more high end BB cream in the future to keep as a backup coverup.