Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Medium/Deep

Filtered by age: 44-55
Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Medium/Deep
BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Medium/Deep

3.0

Active: Octinoxate 4%...Purpose: Sunscreen. Inactive: Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Peg-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Cyclohexasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Stearyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Caprylyl Glycol, Lithum Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Disodium Edta, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Caffeine, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Citral, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate. [May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides]

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Love this. Perfect coverage for when I am a little tanner. Not enough coverage on its own if I'm not. I really like how natural it looks and feels. I think they are making the color lightervthough. I have bought this a few times, but this last one I got doesn't seem as dark. Please fix that, Garnier. It's hard to find truly medium/deep shades, and I loved it up until this last one. Note: this original formula feels great. The anti-aging one was irritating.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Hmmmm, not sure why the ratings are so low but I would guess that this stuff is not for young skin. I've had very oily, acne prone skin all my life but now that I'm 'older' my skin has cleared and settled down a bit. I definitely wouldn't use this when I was younger.
I've repurchased this 3 times now. I use this with Revlon's Photoready concealer and most days forgo using foundation. My skin glows and feels wonderful.
The colour is perfect for me, no gray, but I also have a slight 'permanent tan' and finding a good match in colour has always been a problem.
I like this better than some of the pricier BB creams. They have expanded their line for oily and aging skin so I can only assume that despite the low score on this site that I'm not the only one repurchasing this product.

on 1/1/2013 11:45:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I had heard numerous raves about BB cream, so felt compelled to try it. I thought for certain it was going to be the last product I would ever need. Alas, after a couple hours of application, I was sorely disappointed.

While the product went on smoothly and nicely, it didn't provide much coverage (which I suppose is part of the appeal). The color was perfect for my skin tone. The product provided a "dewy" look, which concerned me, as dewy often translates to greasy on my combination skin. I applied concealer and dusted it with translucent powder and it looked good.

Within an hour I felt and looked greasy. I blotted my skin numerous times throughout the day and felt that it looked like I had no make up on at all.

I would recommend this product if you have dry, clear skin. I would NOT recommend this product if you have oily or combination skin or if you prefer more coverage.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

After reading the reviews, it appears that many really did expect a "miracle" as the package says. I didn't expect any miracles, but was happily surprised. I'm 48 with oily, acne-prone, sensitive (seborrheic), blotchy skin. (Can't get much worse than that!) Before discovering this, I've already been using a retinol serum at night, and a 2% salicylic gel during the day (both Neutrogena) for several months now. These products have kept the seborrhea and oiliness/acne under control. This bb cream is like the icing on the cake. It blends beautifully into my medium-tan skin and evens out the blotchiness. It also moisturizes nicely and doesn't make me break out. (I dust a mineral veil powder over it, so it doesn't really melt off even in the humid South.) Friends have mentioned that I have beautiful skin and that it doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup. I think that makes it a keeper for me!

on 7/7/2012 9:17:00 PM

I was initially so very anxious to purchase this cream in medium/deep as I thought it would cover all my age spots and other discolorations - boy was I wrong!!!!! I used it this morning to go out and it looked like I had just woken up and had on no makeup at all - it covered absolutely nothing. If you have imperfections like I do this is not the cream for you - use something with more coverage for mature skin. By the way I am 47, any suggestions anyone?

on 6/19/2012 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

EDIT: I've had to lower my rating to 1 lippie. After using this only a few days, this morning, I had to raid the medicine cabinet in my teenage sons' bathroom to use their ProActiv stuff. I've got 4 cystic bumps that seem to be getting bigger, and a few little pumps over my pores on my cheeks. The red, cystic bumps hurt. The culprit could be the Octinoxate...which has given me trouble a lot, or maybe this is just too moisture-heavy for my skin. I was so glad this didn't turn grayish, but I don't want a "blemish balm" to be the cause of my blemishes...
ORIGINAL: After applying this, before reading the ingredients, I could FEEL that this has a lot of alcohol in it, and not the moisturizing kind. Why? Because it feels so good - like the product is evaporating, and it's cooling as soon as it hits skin.This feels wonderfully light and soothing, it spreads beautifully, and it sets right away (unlike Miracle Skin Transformer, which never, ever sets on my skin.) This BB Cream gives my skin a glow - but it's a bit much. It doesn't look natural. It's not "shimmery" but it's glowy enough to look oily, and I need no boosts in the oil department.
There are two things which would keep me from repurchasing this: 1. The SPF is only 15, and it's not an ingredient with UVA protection (http://www.skincancer.org/prevention/uva-and-uvb/shining-light-on-ultraviolet-radiation - Octinoxate 4%). 2. This cream seems to be kind of heavy if I layer it enough to get medium coverage over my melasma. In general, I find the coverage to be pretty good for everyday wear, and I wear this without foundation, but it's not really a perfect match for me. It's better when I wear it over a yellow-tinted primer. I put some primer over it, which helped with the shine, but the mixture was too heavy to be comfortable. This BB Cream is not for me, but I look forward to trying some of the brands that made this product category such a sensation in the first place. Hopefully a broader shade range will be available soon for the American market.

on 6/18/2012 3:43:00 PM

I bought this because I can't stand putting on moisturizer and foundation in the summer. I have a slight tan, so I bought the med/deep shade. It's not that dark, so if I happen to get more of a tan this summer, I'm not sure it will be the right shade... but it is for now. I like that this has an spf and it's a moisturizer and foundation in one. I can skip all the usual steps in the summer. I have a very oily t-zone, and I thought I would be an oil slick wearing this, but surprisingly, I'm not. I also need a lot of coverage and this doesn't provide that, but I didn't think it would. However, it evens out my skin tone and I look fine. It has a fragrance, but I like it. It blends well with fingers and it's forgiving, so I just slap it on and don't have to worry about precision like I do with foundation. I don't yet know about the long term benefits because I just started using it. I bought this on BOGO50%, so I bought two. I'm glad I did. This will be my go-to moisturizer/foundation this summer.

on 4/12/2012 10:09:00 PM

More like BS Cream, one would be better off mixing 1 teaspoon of honey, add a teaspoon of yogurt and some colouring and you would have the same effect...
a gooey mess on your skin!
Definitely would never buy again.