Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Medium/Deep

Filtered by age: 30-35
Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Medium/Deep
BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Medium/Deep

3.4

Active: Octinoxate 4%...Purpose: Sunscreen. Inactive: Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Peg-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Cyclohexasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Stearyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Caprylyl Glycol, Lithum Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Disodium Edta, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Caffeine, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Citral, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate. [May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides]

on 12/23/2013 7:44:00 AM

Really unpleasant to use. Thick and heavy feeling on the skin and it smudges badly onto your clothes too. My skin looked oily after half an hour. It looks ok on, but I wouldn't want to use it because of all the other negatives. It doesn't matter if you apply thinly, it still goes greasy and transfers onto other things. Sold mine on eBay!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this BB cream because tragedy stuck one night and I lost my makeup back with all my gear (mostly MUFE and EL foundations, concealers, shadows, primers; along with MAC and Japonesque Brushes) and had no choice but to go to the Drug Store and try and find something that I could use temporarily until I could get back my MUF Matte Velvet, Full Coverage Concealer, primer and Setting powder, and EL DWL in 3 and 4, my shadows, and my face and eye brushes. So sad to have lost all my stuff.

But back to the GF BB Cream. I found that:

1) There needs to be a larger range of shades. I have to blend Med/Deep and Deep to get the right shade, I'm NW40-42 in Mac, Intensity 4 in EL DWL and Shell Beige 4N1 in EL DW. All these foundations blend perfectly into my naturally tan skin. But GF BB Cream in Med/Deep is on the light side and the Deep is just, well too deep. I think the Deep can be used as a liquid bronzer.

2) It does not cause Acne, as long as you remove it every night with a makeup remover and toner to remove any remaining traces.

3) I store it upside down with the cap turned up because it has a very light liquidy consistency, kind of reminds me of Chanel Aqua Lumier, but with sucky packaging that allows the product to ooze out and leak into the cap if left standing up on its lid. Also, if you don't flip it over, the spout gets covered in product and it looks gross when you go to use it. So I keep it upside down in the same cup that holds my stippling brush, foundation brush and powder brush.

4) It provides decent coverage. I would consider this a solid medium coverage product. Its definitely not full coverage like EL DW or MUFE MV, but it does perform similarly to MAC studio fix, which is markets as a full coverage foundation (I don't think it is). It does cover up redness and hyper pigmentation. I found that when using around the eye area for dark circles that it made my eyes sting, so watch out for that.

5) It does not last all day like EL DW, which I consider to be the standard by which to judge all other so called long-wearing foundations. However, this product is not marketed as long wearing and it is definitely easier to remove than EL DW or MAC ProWear. I find myself having to reapply or touch up mid day even if I set with powder.

6) It can cake if you don't prep your skin, and the color can shift an oxidize to a lighter color, so be aware of that. Otherwise, I find that it looks natural in any light - outdoor or indoor from flattering to the dreaded fluorescent lights. It's oil control properties do leave something to be desired. I find that it leaves me with a dewy finish, which I don't expect with a product marketed to those with oily/combination skin.

Overall, I'm satisfied with this product. I won't use this as my go to foundation. For that I'll stick to MUF and EL. This is more of a backup and something to slap on on the weekends when I dont feel like applying, concealing and setting. And I hate the packaging.

I think I will try a more high end BB cream in the future to keep as a backup coverup.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I use it as a tinted moisturizer to blur out my acne blemishes. It takes a while to dry, but after it sets it looks great. It helps to diminish the redness on my face, and gives my face a dewy look. You can also apply some loose powder on top to have a more matte look. The price is not bad, you can get it at any drug store or beauty supply store. I have sensitive skin and it did not break me out at all. It's the only BB cream I've ever tried so far so I can't compare it to anything else, but it's pretty good for the price. People would really notice the difference in my skin when I applied the BB cream compared to when I did not use it (they just thought my skin cleared up, but it was just the BB cream.)

on 2/2/2013 4:13:00 AM

I actually like this BB cream quite a bit. It doesnt suit my skin tone exactly as im asian and i have a yellow undertone while this i think has more pink/grey (yes i know its weird for me to say grey but i think it does).

But lately i feel i need more coverage than my mineral foundation. I mix this with my Aveeno positvely radiant tinted moisturizer and i get a pretty awesome tinted moisturiser that evens out my skins, feel light weight, doenst look cakey, suits my skin colour and has pretty good lasting power if i set it with powder.

on its own i think this BB cream is ok. it takes awhile to set, so thats why i mix it with aveeno as that sets quickly. I dont like the fragrance its a bit overpowering but it goes away once you apply it. I like the tube bottle, the packaging works. Price wise its ok for the amount it is. I will repurchase once im out as this is one of the better BB creams out there.

on 1/4/2013 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this product. Since I'm in my 30's now, I want something that isnt completely matte, and this is it. It makes my skin look luminous. I can put on powder if i want more coverage or to cover up shine. The medium/deep is great for summer and to perk up my winter skin. I'm not sure how much it really moisturizes, but I think it is more than typical foundations.

i wasn't disappointed but i I'm not excited either.

it was my first and the consist any was nice and gave okay coverage. but i didn't see it doing too much for my skin

oh well! i'll still use it but i'd rather go with a better one when I'm done with it!

on 10/26/2012 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I really like this stuff and use it as a part of my regular makeup routine. I use it in place of liquid foundation. I dislike wearing regular liquid foundation because it feels gross and heavy to me, but this feels and looks great over (or mixed with) my regular moisturizer and under a light dusting of mineral foundation. The Medium/Deep shade blended well with my NW30 skin tone when I was really tan in the summertime and still looks great now that I'm back to my normal tone. I don't need a ton of this product to get good coverage so one tube has lasted a long time. The only con for me is that it can make my combination skin feel a little greasy in the oily spots (forehead, nose), but I fix that by using less of the product in those areas. I can see why this product would not work well if you have very oily or very dry skin, or if you like heavy coverage but I think this is a good product and a good deal if you have normal or combo skin. I definitely plan to repurchase when I run out.

**edit: I still adore this product and and continue to use it all year-round! One tube lasts me a long time so even though I've been using it regularly for a couple of years, I'm just now finishing my 3rd tube! Love!

on 9/5/2012 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I think this product is wonderful. I love the coverage and the way it
gives me a nice glow. It really does even out my skin and helps hide some old acne scars I have. I really have nothing bad to say about it. It's great:) My 16 yr old dauhter just started using it and she loves it too!

on 8/8/2012 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Judging from the previous reviews, I didn't expect to like this. I have used quite alot of asian BB brands but being a darker skinned southeast asian, i wanted to try the american BB creams due to their wider color varieties.

What I liked:
it made my face glow and dewy almost younger
it felt hydrating
it diffused my dark acne spots/age spots
This is perfect for one of those weekend day uses where i don't feel like putting on a full face and just go hiking/walking with my SO.

What I didn't like:
My face looks too dewy by a few hours.

on 7/19/2012 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I really wanted to like this product. It looked great once I applied it and I really liked the fact that it has sunscreen in it. It also matched my skin tone well. I was a little concerned about matching because the last product I purchased that had sunscreen made my face look super pale. However, it doesn't stay put. It always seems to melt right off my face. Even after setting it with my powder.