Soap & Glory Supercat

Soap & Glory Supercat

3.9

Aqua (Water), Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Lignosulfonate, Sodium Laureth-11, Carboxylate, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 80, Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Methylaparben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, EDTA, CI 77266 (Black2)

I wanted to like this product so much but I don’t know how this product gets such good reviews. I bought mine from target for $12 USD so converted to CAD it’s $15-16.
First the tip is not flexible, so be careful not to scratch your eyelid; but it makes it easier to apply the perfect pointed wing. However, It doesn’t apply consistently, like it’s almost skipping/ patchy.
Lastly, it have no staying power whatsoever. I wish I could’ve just saved up my $ and bought my usual Stila stay all day or kat Von d. If you’re looking for a product that stays on your oily eyelids, don’t buy this.

on 4/16/2018 10:44:00 AM

This liner is fantastic!!!!! I prefer this over the Stila Stay All Day Liner for the following reasons: it's worth the money ( and compared to Stila so much more affordable), it doesn't seem to dry up, it's really black, it stays put. I like it so much I purchased 2 more backups so I will never be without it.

on 2/26/2018 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I feel so bad leaving a terrible review because I live for Soap and Glory products. I got this eyeliner after hearing such good reviews from friends, family and other make-up lovers, and I was so excited. It is a great price and it is as black as a black eyeliner gets... However, it just doesn't work for me. I wore this eyeliner for a day and it never dried and constantly marked my upper eyelid leaving marks in my eye shadow and it just didn't have the sharp finish I wanted. I tried using make-up setting spray on it and this made the situation a lot worse, making the liner wetter than before. I tried a plethora of eye primers and again, no joy. I think this is down to me having oily eyelids with a little bit of overlap, but I was very disappointed with the final product and I would not recommend to anyone with a hooded lid or anyone with a slightly oily complexion. Very disappointed.

on 12/5/2017 6:45:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This eyeliner is by far one of the easiest eyeliners to use. It glides on great. It's got an amazing "pen tip" that is firm enough unlike other eyeliner pens I've used -giving this eyeliner a huge plus in my book-making it easy to draw or apply the line without the tip budging in different unwanted directions. One of the best eyeliners I've ever used and would definitely recommend it! I have it in "black" and it also dries quickly so you don't have to wait for it to dry and worry about it getting everywhere if you blink. (You know what I mean!! lol)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Was recommended this by a friend I used to work with in dept store cosmetics. He is now a BA for Walgreens and swears by Supercat. I have been suitably impressed! I'm honestly surprised by lukewarm reviews, since I have found this to apply inky-black (even over powder shadows! no clogging on the felt tip!) and have excellent longevity, especially for a non-waterproof formula. my go-to liquid liner used to be L'oreal Lineur Intense, but this is the one I consistently grab now. I usually rock a vintage-inspired cateye flick and this does it quicker and cleaner than anything else in my arsenal, without breaking the bank.

on 8/21/2017 5:42:00 AM

This product would be perfect, if only it had staying power. II would most def recommend this to a beginner- it is super-easy to apply. It glides on and has good, buildable colour. Does not dry out during application which is a common problem with felt-tips (MAC is a nightmare). Only one, but very important, drawback: it does not stay put. It leaks onto eyelids (a problem I've never had before with eyeliners) and you lose the catflick by the time you reach the afternoon, which is very annoying at work. You shouldn't need to re-apply eyeliner during the day. What a shame. I love it every time I apply, then it disappoints during the day.

on 5/26/2016 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I wanted to love this... I love S&G products and I love felt-tip eyeliners. The application of the felt is so easy but unfortunately the colour & consistency lets the product down. I've used it three times and every time when its on my skin it looks like it's ran out. I've tried a primer underneath, on and off an eyeshadow base and neither makes any difference. I've tried layering it and it makes no difference.
The product creases & smudges during wear, and for the price, I'd much rather go back to using my usual bourjois liner.
It's a real shame - the packaging & look is fabulous but the actual usage lets itself down.

I really wanted to like this. The tip makes it easy for the cat eye flick and its super pigmented.. But it gives panda eyes as the day goes :( still havent figured out the remedy for this.

on 2/26/2016 3:44:00 AM

I'd read so many reviews on this and was super excited to try it...but I am sorry to say I am disappointed. :( The colour pay off with this eyeliner is awful. The shade is named 'carbon black' and comes out more of a soft charcoal. Not a strong bold colour at all. I will say the application is very good and the felt tip is easy to work with, especially if you are a beginner with liquid eyeliner. Also the price is very reasonable.

I got this because I love Soap and Glory's Archery Brow Pen and felt tip liners are my jam. This on the other hand always seems to smear and after a couple hours wear I always have black smudges under my eyes which is not very nice. I also find it actually ends up in my eye, as it gives me black eye gunk when removing my make up.

I am going to keep using it as it is very rich in colour, but will be testing it using my Urban Decay potion eye shadow primer (something I do not think should be needed for just an eyeliner!) I would not recommend you purchase this, liquid liners have much better staying power and there are great budget versions such as the Collection 2000 liquid eye liner.