Soap & Glory Supercat

Soap & Glory Supercat

Aqua (Water), Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Lignosulfonate, Sodium Laureth-11, Carboxylate, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 80, Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Methylaparben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, EDTA, CI 77266 (Black2)

on 5/26/2016 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I wanted to love this... I love S&G products and I love felt-tip eyeliners. The application of the felt is so easy but unfortunately the colour & consistency lets the product down. I've used it three times and every time when its on my skin it looks like it's ran out. I've tried a primer underneath, on and off an eyeshadow base and neither makes any difference. I've tried layering it and it makes no difference.
The product creases & smudges during wear, and for the price, I'd much rather go back to using my usual bourjois liner.
It's a real shame - the packaging & look is fabulous but the actual usage lets itself down.

I really wanted to like this. The tip makes it easy for the cat eye flick and its super pigmented.. But it gives panda eyes as the day goes :( still havent figured out the remedy for this.

To Read all 44 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/26/2016 3:44:00 AM

I'd read so many reviews on this and was super excited to try it...but I am sorry to say I am disappointed. :( The colour pay off with this eyeliner is awful. The shade is named 'carbon black' and comes out more of a soft charcoal. Not a strong bold colour at all. I will say the application is very good and the felt tip is easy to work with, especially if you are a beginner with liquid eyeliner. Also the price is very reasonable.

I got this because I love Soap and Glory's Archery Brow Pen and felt tip liners are my jam. This on the other hand always seems to smear and after a couple hours wear I always have black smudges under my eyes which is not very nice. I also find it actually ends up in my eye, as it gives me black eye gunk when removing my make up.

I am going to keep using it as it is very rich in colour, but will be testing it using my Urban Decay potion eye shadow primer (something I do not think should be needed for just an eyeliner!) I would not recommend you purchase this, liquid liners have much better staying power and there are great budget versions such as the Collection 2000 liquid eye liner.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Sadly I was very disappointed in this one. The formula has a very weak colour payoff that requires lot of building up. It then transfers onto the upper eye area, melts off and smudges in just a few hours.

The only good thing about it is the precision brush - I've NEVER found an eyeliner that applies so easily. If the formula was more pigmented and it stayed put instead of melting off in the corners, this would be perfect. Maybe an eyelid primer would help!

This product makes me so happy and so sad at once. I live in the US, and this past summer I went to the UK and picked it up at Boots. I LOVE ITTTTT. I never was able to do a proper cat eye before I bought this. This makes it so easy! The application is so smooth and so black, control is easy, and it even smells good! It isn't waterproof, but it lasts all day for me with minimal smudging or fading. It's great. BUT after 6 months of almost daily use, it's starting to dry up. That's not horrible for £7, but they don't sell it in the US! GRR! So if you live in an area where it's sold, buy it. If you don't, let's all hope soap and glory decides to bestow it upon us soon.

on 10/1/2015 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Ive been through two of these in the past two years, and between the two i have seen some inconsistencies in the product. The first one lasted for an entire year, with no weird smell, no fading, and the tip was just as good as when i first bought it. The second one ended up being a massive disappointment, im positive it was a bad batch, because the tip dried out within the first week and never went back to normal no matter how much liner went through it, and after having it for less time than the other one it started to smell strongly of alchohol and gave me a painful rash on my eyelid... so... on one hand the first liner was great, super black, easy to use, on the other hand, the second one was a disaster!

im on the fence here, people.

on 8/30/2015 10:46:00 PM

I loved this when I first bought it, the felt tip pen made it really easy to work with but after a while it became less intense black and more transparent.. It also smudged quite a bit so I have just purchased the Stila stay all day liquid eyeliner (which this is meant to be a dupe for) and hopefully it won't have this problem :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Looking at the other comments here I think I must have picked up a dud. While the packaging was great and made the product look high end when it was indeed very affordable and the tip was perfect for control and precision the product itself is what let me down. I found it very hard to get a dark, opaque line and had to go over my liner 4 or 5 times (I've never had a black eyeliner than took more than 2 coats) and even then I felt like it was patchy. I didn't find it long lasting either as each time I checked my face it had faded more and more much like sharpie on your hand after washing your hands over and over. And I don't have especially oily lids and my eyes weren't watering at any point. And I found that the underside of my cat eye flick disappeared completely after a few hours, presumably from laughing or smiling throughout the day (though thankfully it didn't smudge!) All in all this is one of the worst liquid eyeliners I've ever tried which is a shame because I love the tip!

on 5/28/2015 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I love this eyeliner, I've owned two so far! It's really easy to use (especially for a beginner), and the shape means you can very between thinner and thicker lines. It's very pigmented, and doesn't smudge easily. Would definitely recommend!