New York Color Smooth Skin Perfecting Primer

New York Color Smooth Skin Perfecting Primer
Smooth Skin Perfecting Primer

2.7

on 4/22/2017 6:56:00 AM

I bought this on a whim as I love primers and the price was right. I was so impressed with this formula!! It's smooth and luminous and makes my skin absolutely glow! It's a white tinted thin liquid with a little sheen. I will use it by itself or mix with my foundation. Absolutely love!

on 4/4/2017 2:34:00 AM

I'm so sad about the reviews on this. I have owned and tried thousands of brands all from the most expensive to the most affordable. Price point has little to do with quality, as I've learned over my 35 years of being "obsessed" with cosmetics (I'm 38). I bought this on a late night run to the grocery store with the NYC 10 hr matte foundation. It looks really nice with that foundation and it looks really nice alone too. I don't find it greasy. I have very sensitive skin and it's neither dry or greasy. I appreciate the glow it gives and don't notice it when foundation is applied. I have to mention the 10hr matte foundation I love that too as well as their translucent finishing powder compact; love: foundation: The color selection was horrible, (I'm more peach yellow). I mixed 002 sand with the elf foundation serum medium (another affordable very decent foundation) to create an NC30 and it looked flawless all day. It worked great with my 38 yr old skin. Thank you! I'm very very very picky. I like this stuff! 😉

on 3/15/2017 9:19:00 PM

This is the worst primer I have ever used. It is more of a lotion, and does not provide the powdery finish that most do. The shimmer didn't bother me, like others have said it did brighten my skin. However, when I put foundation on, it streaked and would not blend in certain areas. I just bought a new foundation and thought that was the problem. I tried another one and nope, horrible as before. It might work for someone who doesn't wear makeup and just wanted to add a glow, but as a primer this is 100 x worse than using none at all.

on 9/7/2016 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is not a type of primer I like.It's lotion like and has a shimmer.No sparkles.I put some on my hand and let it dry.I rubbed at it and it balled up in a yucky dirty ball.It sets on the skin.It doesn't seem to go in well.I did use a thick coat on my hand and let it set.I will try it on my face.A tiny bit only.I'm kind of leery of this primer.It just seems like some lotion.It needs another ingredient.lol dimethicone? Maybe? If that's the right word?

It's just an okay primer, it is great on my my dry skin, but I wouldn't buy it again.

Horrible product. Didn't do anything for my complexion except made it greasy. Wouldn't repurchase nor recommend obviously.

I almost never have acne, I get like 1 little pimple a month but this primer gave me so much acne on my middle forehead after the first use! I had 7-8 pimple and it did nothing for my skin, hated it

on 5/16/2015 10:28:00 AM

This primer is horrible. It has a ton of glitter in it and in natural light it may not be noticeable, however, in artificial light it makes me look ridiculous and foundation does not cover the glitter. This primer also broke me out and overall I didn't notice a difference in the wear of my face products.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this primer in April & have used it off & on since. I love its powdery scent, the $3 price, & the chic black & white tube.I have mostly oily skin & this time of year is making it worse. I already love the Hard Candy Sheer Envy Matte primer (sky blue tube) but wanted something that could serve as a back-up or for weekends. Anyway, it has a shimmer in the white gel/cream that doesn't read as glitter or oil on my skin. It feels so light & is easily mixed w/my Rimmel BB Cream (Original formula) for lighter coverage. I can layer it under the Rimmel BB, too. It helps my pores look pretty small. My pores on my upper cheeks tend to stand out to me & this helps. I've tried it under Rimmel's Stay Matte mousse foundation & it doesn't harm the matte finish. It gives an airbrushed look to it that stays in place until maybe 5pm if applied @ around 9am, so yay! I don't notice a reduction in my forehead lines but it controls my oil so well, I'm ok w/that. It claims to even skin's tone but I'm not relying on my primer to handle that. It absorbs fast, too! It goes well under my Cover Girl Clean Normal Skin foundation & helps extend its wear. I can go a couple more hours w/it than w/out it. We have recently hit mid-80's w/humidity here, so it's gotten a good trial thus far. I apply my Rimmel Stay Matte powder on top of all my foundations & I'm good to go. The place it failed me was under my eyes. It made the Maybelline Super Stay look really odd but that's an issue I've had w/the Hard Candy primer, too. But that concealer stays on really well w/no primer & I just wanted to see what happened w/it. It's nice to have another great New York Color product to use!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

For the price this is not a bad primer, if you ignore the claims of minimizing pores and lines because it doesn't do that. This is good for giving your skin a smoother base for foundation and it does make my make-up look fresher a bit longer true out the day. This does contain shimmer but on my dry skin it only gives a glow and it doesn't look glittery. Now the thing is I'm around NC30 and I do feel that this makes me a little paler, this primer goes on clear(ish) but it's white and if it came in more colors it would suit my skintone better. I would recommend it if you don't expect too much from a primer, you only need a smooth base and you like dewy skin. I could even see this being used as a highlighter on top!

Popular Primer/ Correctors