Freeman Dead Sea Minerals Facial Anti-Stress Mask

Freeman Dead Sea Minerals Facial Anti-Stress Mask
Dead Sea Minerals Facial Anti-Stress Mask

3.7

Not tested on animals

Water ( Aqua), Kaolin, Bentonite, Titanium Dioxide, Propylene Glycol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract, Sea Salt, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Tocopherol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Montmorillonite, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Polyacrylate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Blue 1.

Good calming mask. Brightens my face up, and smells nice. Plus, it is bright blue! How can you not feel happy with something bright aqua on your face? Not sure if it makes my skin less stressed. Sadly, it has stained quite a few of my nice green washcloths bright blue. I always have to remember to have an old ratty washcloth handy to get this off of my face, and rinse it off in the shower, unless I want to stain my bathroom blue...

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've never had an issue with any skincare product until this one. The smell was ok. The bright color was unexpected. After washing off the mask, my skin on my cheeks and temples were blotchy, red, and just angry looking. Almost looks like I took off sunglasses after sitting in the sun too long. My skin felt tight, dry, and burned.

I do not recommend this mask. I'm throwing the rest of mine in the trash.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Stress is a hell of a trip, man. If it's not someone in your family knocking down death's door or the bully in cubicle two, it's your new puppy chewing up your favorite (and irreplaceable) black leather handbag. Like it or not, we all have stuff going on in our lives. These past few months its seemed like I can't even turn on my TV without hearing something that freaks me out.

After the longest month of work imaginable, I found myself wandering the aisles of my local Ulta, searching for something. What it was, I don't know. I tend to just wander aimlessly, and I'm sure my local Target employees have an endearing/scary name that they call me when they see me come wandering through the sliding glass doors. At this particular day, I left Ulta with a hair product I had been wanting to try, an Urban Decay lipstick, and the Freeman Feeling Beautiful Anti-Stress Dead Sea Minerals Mask.

Now, I'm not going to lie, I already own and love one Freeman Mask (see my review on the glory that is the Black Sugar and Activated Charcoal Mask) so I was already in familiar territory when I made my way to the cheapie skin care section of the store. Homegirl is not ballin' this month. The smell of this mask swayed me first. It hit me with waves of lavender and bergamot, which to me is an unusual pairing, but for this mask it works just fine. I'm a sucker for scents, and this one isn't at all overpowering. It is very relaxing, as it should be. I paid about $4.00 for it, which is about standard for a Freeman Mask. I love that these don't break the bank.

Once I got home, I had to wait until wash day to use this, because I read somewhere that it's easier to remove this mask in the shower. Call me crazy, but I've never used a clay mask before. My skin usually isn't problematic (outside of the outrageous dryness and flaking I dealt with last month) so I've never had a need to use one. I opened it up and squeezed a bit onto my hand and spread it all over my face. The blue color is....interesting. I definitely wasn't expecting it. Luckily, it doesn't stain and easily washes away with warm water. I left it on for about ten minutes the first time.

Now, this does make my eyes water just a tiny bit when I first put it on. I don't know why, as it's nowhere near my eyes. This sensation eases up as the mask dries though. As it dries, it tightens up, but not to the point where it's unbearable. It just feels like it's getting rid of the impurities in my skin. I rinsed it off with warm water and a washcloth in the shower and I couldn't help but notice that while I'm rinsing it off, it smells rather ocean-like. Nice touch. After I got out of the shower, my skin usually feels tight, but clean and soft.

Both times I've used this mask I've also noticed a lot of shed old skin, which makes sense since my skin is mostly dry. To get rid of the dead skin I just massage a little bit of Shea Moisture coconut facial oil into my face. My skin literally GLOWS after I'm done using this and the oil, and I'm left with a gorgeous, radiant complexion. I feel like this mask is more of a boost to your skin to gently draw out impurities more than anything else. For me, the best part of this mask is the healthy glow and softness to my skin that it leaves behind, and for me, that's more than enough reason to buy this mask over and over again. Consider me sold. At $4, you can't beat it. I am in love!

The smellis great, and I love the bright blue color.
Careful, I could see this staining towels/clothing if not careful.

I have combo/oil/sensitive/acne prone skin. Basically, my skin is angry lol
This broke me out like crazy which I wasn't expecting since I have used other masks by Freeman with no issues. The breakouts were big and very painful. Won't be using again.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

It's ok, I've used this before as a quick and cheap mask. I haven't really seen much of a difference in my skin after using it other than it really dries my skin out. So I use this on the oily spots like my nose or a zit. But that's about it, good smell, very bright blue!!!

on 7/26/2017 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I decided to try this mask because it's cheap ($4.29 at Ulta, + the one I got had a $1 off coupon) & because of the smell, which is beyond amazing. I was expecting a salty, ocean-like fragrance but it actually has a lavender & bergamot scent (which I find so soothing). The color of the mask itself is a bright aquamarine. I appreciate that the packaging is a squeeze bottle as opposed to a jar.

I find this really easy to apply & to rinse off. Some people in the reviews for this product talk about how it's difficult to rinse off, or leaves blue color behind on the face. I use this stuff once or twice a week. First, I fully remove all makeup. Then I apply this mask, wait about 15 minutes, then get in the shower & wash it off before continuing with the rest of my shower routine. I rinse it off using just water, then go in with my facial cleaner afterwards to make sure no traces of the mask are left behind on my face. When I get out of the shower, my skin feels soft & my pores are minimized. The problem though, is that I wake up in the morning with my skin looking exactly like it did before using the mask. I'd hoped this mask would clear out my pores like it promises, but it doesn't.

So I'll use this up because I don't have any adverse reactions to it & I like doing small things like face masks to pamper myself. At the end of the day though, I can't recommend & won't repurchase because I don't feel like it does enough to warrant having around as a staple in my skincare routine.

on 2/15/2017 12:33:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

i've been using the freeman masks for a while (the acai in the purple tube, avocado in the green tube, strawberry chocolate in the red tube, and this one) and i don't have a strong opinion on them one way or the other. i actually like them best as spot treatments to dry out acne overnight, and i think they perform well for that. but this mask in particular is SO blue that it actually leaves little avatar spots all over my face where i have dry acne in the morning, and it's impossible to remove unless i actually pick off the skin it's stuck to.

it doesn't stain my face or my washcloths, but because of the issues mentioned in my first paragraph, i can't use it the way i like to, and can only use it as a normal face mask. it doesn't really do much for me as a mask and just makes my skin a little softer. i don't notice any pore clearing or oil controlling with this line of masks, although i haven't tried all of them, so maybe there's one out there that would work better for me. i wouldn't repurchase this one from freeman, but i do like having at least one of their masks around just for spot treating stubborn stuff and keeping my hands away from my face.

on 10/16/2016 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this stuff. I like to leave it on overnight as a spot treatment whenever I get a nasty Cyst. My roommate actually has better results with this than me! He started getting horrible cystic acne this summer and I introduced him to my mud mask collection. This is a cooling, drying formulation that sucks up oil and calms angry, red skin. He starting sleeping in the mask when the cysts were at their worst and now he's almost zit free! He even bought a refill bottle he liked it so much. He tried a couple freeman masks and this is his favorite.

Freeman mud masks can't be beat. They are dirt cheap and super effective! I also like the black charcoal and sugar mask.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This isn't a bad product. My face felt a bit smoother after washing it off, but I didn't notice much of a difference overall. I didn't feel like it really cleansed, or moisturized. The blue color is kind of fun, but makes it a bit of a pain to wash off.

Because the price is so reasonable and it hasn't broken me out or resulted in any skin issues, I can't dock it points but it remains a mediocre product in my book. I think anything that forms the face even momentarily is good for preventing wrinkles, so I will use it up, but I can't sing any praises either.

In a pinch, this is a fine budget-friendly product to pick up for a fun "spa night", but for long-term use there are more effective face masks out there that can offer more intensive treatment, moisture, de-puffing, whatever.

Tossed it. Way too artificial color and smell. Supposedly for all skin types but it made my dehydrated skin feel tight and didn't see any difference improvement.