NYX Soft matte lip cream- San paulo

NYX Soft matte lip cream- San paulo

4.5

on 6/10/2016 11:23:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I'm obsessed with these lip creams and the only reason that I wouldn't repurchase is because it is far too bright for my skin tone. It appears much brighter on the lips, like a dark hot pink, instead of the deep almost berry-pink on the packaging. But like the rest of the line, it's super comfortable and a perfect mostly-matte. Just exfoliate and use a lip balm like normal. Another note with these lip creams is that they do transfer until you really let it set (like an hour or so); they don't go all over the place but they take a while to set enough to be able to eat and kiss.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This lippie really doesn't dry my lips at all, it's amazing! The color is just perfect. I was between this one, Milan and Prague, and I'm definitely going back for the other two!
Anyway, it's great for a daily use, since it doesn't give me that flaky feeling I get from using matte lipsticks (especially liquid ones) several days in a row. I don't always use a lip liner before applying, but it gives a nicer look when I do.

To Read all 32 Reviews, Login or Join

I love this product. You definitely need to prime your lips with a balm to avoid dry lips first but as soon as this dries, it doesn't budge! The colour is decieving so you have to look at the color on the inside wand of a tester first, this one is more on the red side than i thought but i don't mind that. It smells like actual vanilla cupcakes which is awesome and the packaging is so cute! My only complaints would be that the packaging isn't super durable; i dropped it maybe a foot off the counter the day i bought it and it cracked badly at the top so i have to be careful when opening it now :( The applicator isin't bad, i just clean up around my lips if i mess up. Definitely recommend

on 10/31/2015 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I love this stuff!! I have always shy-ed away from "matte" labeled products because I assumed they'd be flaky and super drying - but not this stuff! I kept looking at swatches online and finally picked up this shade for $5.99 at Target. I will say it is quite darker when put on the lips than the color shown in the tube. For starters, this stuff smells heavenly! (who doesn't love lip products that don't smell like plastic! Although the smell does dissipate) This made my lips look incredibly plush, healthy and made my face of makeup look so put together! I put a little balm on before applying this and it went on like a dream - very pigmented and a little goes a long way. Although I will say I had to be really careful trying to stay inside the lines - maybe using a liner beforehand next time will help. Overall, this had pretty good staying power but did fade in the middle of my lips and not around the edges (after light eating/drinking). Besides that, I think this is a great value and I can't wait to try more colors!

on 3/26/2015 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

First soft matte lip cream that I've tried. Hopefully the other shades are just as nice. This is a unique shade; a bright pink with a tinge of berry/plum and a tinge of rose. Can be both an every day and a going out shade. It has a sweet scent, but it is not as strong as some of nyx's other lip products, which can make me feel ill. It smooths into the lips fairly easily with the applicator and you only need a few swipes as it is very pigmented. It also allows for precise application. It has an interesting feel on the lips, which you get used to after a minute or so. It is indeed both soft and creamy. The initial feeling is almost heavy and powdery. But it will set and you'll adjust. The finish is semi-matte and isn't that drying for a matte product. I wouldn't wear it if my lips were in poor condition as while it isn't drying it has no moisture in it either and I'm guessing it would look gross on chapped and cracked lips. It isn't advertised as long wearing but I find it lasts very well on me and remains after multiple drinks. Although like most lipsticks, it will mostly disappear after a meal. I really like this and I find the shade suits me. I also enjoy the matte finish it gives as I can enjoy the effect without it destroying my lips. So amazing and it goes for an affordable price.

on 3/19/2015 9:40:00 PM

The color appears to be a brght pink on my lips which isn't really one of my typical colors however they're always sold out of almost all the colors whenever I look and it is a nice shade so I picked it up anyways.

I like to wear it with a lip liner because I think it prevents any feathering and really improves the wear time. Without a lip liner it can be trick to get a good application.

It does have a really strong scent but its not unpleasant and does wear off quickly. The formula is my favorite part. It's only slightly drying , but whats really great is that it just feels so light on the lips. It's a really interesting mousse like texture but I ove it. I definitely hope to try it in a few more colors.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS LIPPIE. The color is so beautiful and rich, it's a great pink, not too barbie looking but not too red/magenta either. I could wear this color every day.

on 2/17/2015 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have two of these from NYX, Antwerp & San Paulo, but the latter is absolutely my favorite. First off, the color is a gorgeous, fiery pink with a touch of red in it that looks stunning in daylight just because it makes you stand out, in a flattering way of course. If you find red a bit too much to sport during the daytime but still want to go for that pop of color, then trust me, this is THE ONE for you. The formula couldn't be more perfect as well. It dries down to a matte, velvety finish but sans the drying part. But help your lips out too by exfoliating prior to application, forget about lip balms, these babies look even better without them on. Somehow they just stick better that way. The doe foot applicator is ideal as well for an even more precise application especially for those hard to reach part of the lips. The only beef that I have for this lippie is that it isn't that long lasting, especially through meals & whatnot. However, I'm willing to overlook that because it is SUCH a gorgeous color. The price can't be beat as well so all in all, this lip color is a true winner in my book & I will recommend them to anyone, lipstick junkie or not, in a heartbeat.

on 4/30/2014 4:42:00 PM

I love the color but the effect is far MORE than you expect based on the packaging. It dries down pretty dark, almost to a deep berry.

That said, my reasons for rating it as low as I did are as follows:

-It MUST be applied using a lip liner. I have no wrinkles around my lips and have normal/combination skin that is well moisturized. This bled all the way around my lips the first time I wore it. It has a way of soaking into whatever facial makeup product (powder, foundation, etc) you have on around your lips. So, whatever you do, use lip liner.

-It MUST be applied over a lip balm because it is very drying.

-It has an unusual, strong smell that I'd compare to the stereotypical, waxy-sweet "lipstick smell" of yore before all the cosmetic companies started adding peppermint, vanilla, etc to their lip products. It's not BAD, but some may find it off-putting.

It's a lovely color and a lovely look...it's just a lot of work that I could get the same look of from another product with less hassle.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a dark pink rosey color that is on the warm side when applied to my lips. It does flatter my skintone and even fades well, however it can be a bit drying. I definitely have to make sure my lips are prepped before using this. It has a vanilla-like scent that is not too cloying and goes on very pigmented. I would say if you are little apprehensive about wearing red lipstick or lipgloss shades, this is a nice color to use to transition. Bright enough without being over the top.

Popular Lips Products