Mary Kay Botanical Effects

3.8

on 10/11/2015 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have combination skin prone to acne and was recommended this series. Pros would be that it's gentle and lasts a long time. However, even though it initially improved my skin a bit, it did nothing to clear up my acne in the long run. Overall a big "meh" and too much to pay for products that essentially does little to nothing for your skin. I'd imagine it would suit someone with sensitive skin who just want a gentle wash and skin care. Though I do think you can get products half the price that does the same - I don't think it's in any way revolutionary and I wouldn't purchase again.

on 9/8/2015 4:03:00 PM

So amazing for sensitive skin. It is not harsh and has cleared my skin up tremendously. Highly recommend for acne prone/sensitive skin

To Read all 18 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/28/2015 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE this line. I have sensitive and very dry skin on my face, legs, arms, etc. and I am constantly looking for products that will clean and moisturize me without breaking me out.

First, the Cleanse tube has worked like no other product I've tried. I use this one the most, once a day usually after I shower or wash my face. My relentless dry patches on my face are NO MORE! I am so amazed. I saw a noticeable change within a couple weeks. But immediately, I noticed how soft and smooth and moisturizer my face was and stayed that way all day.

I do like the other 3 products in the line as well. I ran out of the hydrate moisturizer Bc I used it so often. I use the mask probably once a week and my face feels so refreshed and clean and smooth afterwards. I use the spray when washing off my face to clean it from dirt, oils, etc. and it really does feel like my face is thoroughly washed.

Highly recommend this line :) Now if only I can find the same results from body products.

on 12/20/2014 12:40:00 AM

I love this line. I use the number 2 cream cleansing and toner. My skin doesn't react to it. ( I'm very sensitive and get reactions often especially with Nivea) leaves my skin soft not dry. I love this so much more than many I have tried including clinique, Estée Lauder, and other professional brands)

on 11/29/2014 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm 19 years old and I've had skin issues every since I've hit puberty. Now, I've tried everything, from clean and clear to pro active. And nothing seems to really help my skin. My skin is so sensitive, and breaks out for anything. So one day my mom's friend was having a Mary Kay party and the consultant was telling me that that she had skin issue and started using the botanical effect and let me tell you that her skin looked great. So I'm like finally there is hope! So I get the one for normal skin and the cleanser didn't take off no make up, the toner was okay, but the moisturizer made my face feel sticky. And started to get so oily. So I told the consultant that I was having this issue to she sated she would switch it out for formula 2 for the oily skin. My face started to break out even more than it was before starting this product. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Now I'm trying to recover from the horrible break out.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have very dry skin. I use Mary Kay Botanical Effect Formula 1 (dry skin) for 6 months. It is very effective and gives my skin clean. After 6 months, I tried a set of anti-aging timewise. It really makes me excited. After a year I decided to become a Mary Kay independent beauty consultant. My advice is to use Mary Kay products you should seek advice from your beauty consultant.

on 5/29/2014 12:51:00 AM

I have combination skin. I normally didn't wash my face because I found that washing it made no difference. However, after my mom bought this product she insisted i try it. It's the formula 2 one. I used it once a day along with the toner and moisturizer. The cleanser never lathered up, and my face never felt any cleaner after I washed it. The toner on the other hand felt refreshing. It seemed to do the real cleaning. The moisturizer seemed to just sit on top of my skin and not really go in. I felt sticky and gross. I found that these products made my face a lot more oily, even in areas that were never previously oily before. Nonetheless, I kept using it to see if maybe my face just needed time to adjust. No such luck. Instead, my face decided to breakout horribly! I don't think I've ever had such a bad breakout. The area between my eyebrows and cheeks are covered in tiny pimples. The same thing happened to my little sister, who had tried the products before me. I have stopped using them in hopes that my face clears up. Please do not use these unless you like oily skin and acne.

on 11/26/2013 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have almost every skin issue it is possible to have: acne, sensitivity, rosacea, oiliness, and dry flakiness. Prior to using the Botanical Effects cleanser and moisturizer, the only thing I let touch my face was water in the shower. My friend who is a Mary Kay consultant finally persuaded me to start a skin care regimen, so I bought the Botanicals cleanser and moisturizer for dry skin (formula 1). Overall, it keeps my face clear, moist, and less red, but it makes my skin super oily! But I guess that's just what I get for using the dry skin formula when my skin is more on the oily side. So the only reason I can't give it 5 stars is because of the oiliness, but if you have normal skin, I would definitely recommend it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I recently tried this skincare regimen at a Mary Kay party and my mom, who is a consultant herself, ordered me the whole deal - cleanser, "refresher" and moisturizer. I love how light and clean the products feel. I'm 22 and the worst of my acne days are over (never had a problem with acne I'm happy to say) but in the past few years I've been slacking with a skincare regimen, and I find myself being excited to use these. I started using them last night and this morning, waking up my skin still felt clean. I went ahead and did the regimen for this morning and my face feels like it took a breath mint or something it just feels wonderful. I'm throwing out all my drugstore cleansers today which just leave my face feeling suffocated. Have yet to see how this does with breakouts, I do get a little blemish now and then from drinking alcohol so hopefully this will take care of that one minor issue.

I got the botanical effects skincare system from a consultant. Due to my acne, she recommended this and promised me that it would help. well....it has definitely not improved my acne, but it does calm down redness and irritation. The facial mask really helps sooth my skin and the cleanser is gentile. i highly recommend this!!

Popular Face Skincare Products