MAC Satin Blush in Peony Petal

MAC Satin Blush in Peony Petal

4.7

I love this blush! Mac describes it as a blue-toned pink. It gives a fresh, English rose flush on my NC25 skin. I got this to pair with my Mac Mehr lipstick. It's a perfect complement. This blush is not reddish, so you won't look clownish. Very little product is required for a visible pop of colour.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Peony Petal is a very cool-toned medium pink. This is my favourite blush right now, and has been for several months! I wear this almost daily. In MAC shades, I'm usually an NC10-15 and this comes across as the perfect doll-like blush for me.

Pros:

- Pigmented! A little goes a long way.
- Easy to blend.
- Not too powdery, nice and smooth.
- Perfect shade for pale, cool-toned people. (But would likely still be great for others too.)

Cons:

- It's a little on the pricier end, but it is so beautiful and on another level compared to cheaper blushes out there. I bought mine for $20 CAD.

on 1/8/2016 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This blush is so beautiful. I'm a neutral leaning slightly yellow NC20 and on me it's a cool baby pink which looks surprisingly natural given how bright it is in the pan. Gives that nice 'doll' look. It's pretty pigmented so a light hand is needed for me and it lasts on my skin a good couple of hours. I have so much difficulty finding pink blushes as many turn orangey on me but this doesn't. It's so flattering and probably my most used blush now!

on 5/9/2015 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this blush, it gives that perfect doll-like look. It's highly pigmented, but still very wearable. I have very fair skin with warm undertones (NC15), so the coolness of this blush isn't a problem for me, but I imagine it might be a bit too cool for darker skintones. I would definitely repurchase this blush!

on 4/25/2015 11:52:00 PM

This was my first Mac blush, and I love the color and wear of this. For me its a sheer color but can easily be built up. I love blushes like this because you don't waste a ton of product with fall out. There is zero fallout with this blush. It looks amazing with Too Faced Chocolate Soliel bronzer. Just love it will defiantly repurchase since its permanent now.<3

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

This blush is very pink and very pigmented. I like it a lot. I often have trouble with blush not showing up well or not staying on my tan oily skin. This one is quite nice. I look like I have been running or something... Can be easy to overdo it and look too clownish, so a little goes a long way.

i love this blush it looks really scary in the pan but when you put it on it like gives a cool rosy glow it sucks that its limited edition.

price wise its pretty much the same price as any other mac blush.

im alot paler on my face and whenever i put this blush on its like this soft pink its like a rose just kissed me on the cheek.

overall if this blush was in the permanent line then i would repurchase this product!!

on 6/22/2012 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

LOVEEEE THIS BLUSH. love love love love! i wish it wasn't limited addition. gorgeous everyday or every night blush with a very lovely cold undertone and its super girly and dollish without looking like war paint i love this colour its def amazing!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

After returning Mac's Full of Joy blush, I debated between getting this and Pink Swoon from the permanent line. I loved both colors, as they were very similar, but I noticed that this took a little more to build up. Plus, I've never been crazy about Mac's limited edition items. The idea of buying something I absolutely love while not being able to re-purchase it a couple of years later at my local counter annoys me, to be honest. I wish they'd throw us some bones and make some of these items permanent and readily available. But, of course, it's a business, so they profit from the hype these limited edition items generate.

If you don't mind Mac's limited edition items, buy this, especially if you tend to gravitate towards these types of colors.

I wasn't going to get anything from the Trs Cheek collection, but once I tried this on the apples of my cheeks, I was lost. Even though I already own several bright cool-toned pink blushes (NARS Gaiety, Mata Hari, Desire; SLEEK Pixie Pink, Santorini) this still stood out due to the amazing pigmentation. It's a satin finish and blends really well without looking too shimmery, even on combination skin. I can finally have Sandra Bullock cheeks! She always looks so fresh-faced and dewy with beautiful rosy cheeks. Love this blush!

Popular Blush Products