4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 days ago

MAC Modern Mandarin was a surprise. Its a pale orange in the pan. But it gives my face a pretty pink glow ! It actually looks natural and healthy. I really, really like this. Even the finish is natural looking - not super shiny or matte. Normally I can't do pinks. Who knew I could get a natural look with an orange shade? Its so strange. Usually I have trouble with foundations because they're too orange or too pink. But Modern Mandarin is a winner.

About reviewer (52 reviews)

SkinNormal, Other

HairBrown

EyesHazel

3.0

2 years ago

I have light-medium olive skintone and have always been partial to cool pink blushes,i find they really give me a healthy glow and a somehow dollface vibe.Recently i've been into peachy blushes,but they are not that flattering on my skin,nonetheless i decided to purchase modern mandarin,which is a bright orange, based on the reviews in here and was not disappointed.This color compliments my skintone very well,it looks natural and sophisticated both at once,has a light sheen which adds a bit of glow to the cheeks.Staying power is decent, it doesn't really hit the 7 hours i would expect from a mac product,so longevity isn't as expected as it isn't pigmentation:you would expect a color this bright to show up on your skin (mac nc25),yet it takes a lot of layering,it just won't transfer from the pan to the cheeks,it swatches ok though so i'm trying different brushes. But the pigmentation issue reminds me of the clinique daisy blushes,bright on the pan,but you couldn't get from them a hint of color to save your life. Overall is a must have for olive skinned gals,the shade works really well with our undertones and it will show up eventually. Edit.It looks mostly matte now on my skin so maybe the sheen i got first was from an overspray.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

My favourite MAC blush. I love orange and coral blushes and this looks so cute and flattering on my skin.

About reviewer (128 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

4 years ago

I went to MAC to get Peaches but somehow ended up with this in my bag? I was going to return it but decided to give it a shot and I really like it! It is very pigmented so use a light hand. I'm an NC30/35 and it still looks bright but not crazy. Definitely not for someone who likes really natural makeup but it's worth a shot

About reviewer (248 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesBlue

6 years ago

in the person it looks more coral than in the package it has a slight shimmer I love it. it suits my yellow skin tone.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Tan

HairBlack

EyesBlack

2.0

7 years ago

I regret getting this. I rushed the purchase becos its limited edition and loved the name! I know its crazy! This is wayyyy too pigmented for me. Too orangey, too dark and u need to go light -handed (im nc37). Its been sitting on my table for soo long cos i hardly use it. It makes me look so bruised and clownish. Nvr buy on impulse ppl. Think im giving this away..

About reviewer (284 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

7 years ago

I picked this up last year around this time. I normally wouldn't have gravitated toward this because... it's orange. I generally don't consider orange to be overly flattering. One of the MAC sales associates applied it to my cheeks and I loved it, so I picked it up. I think the red undertones make it very wearable. It's very pigmented so I apply very little and blend well. I find that it brightens my face like no other, and has a faint sheen. Looks fantastic with a highlight applied to the cheekbones. It spends a shameful amount of time sitting unloved in my drawer but once I get back into using it I find myself hooked. I like it best in spring/summer, for obvious reasons. If you can get your hands on this, especially if it's repromoted in the future, I recommend it.

About reviewer (137 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

7 years ago

Good corals and oranges are difficult to find for my skin. I am an NC40-42 with both gray and yellow undertones. Not really olive, not really tan. Modern manadarin works well for me by day when I wear orange and/or coral clothes. Trying a peach blush with those colors looks somewhat gritty and dirty on my skin, but Modern Mandarin does the trick. I am not sure if this would work as well on skin that is much darker than mine but I suspect medium and olive skin-toned blush lovers would appreciate this in their collections. Finish: Pretty nice. It is the slightest bit chalky but just a smidge so. The chalkiness tends to disappear if you blend it in a little longer than normal. Texture: Feels very smooth. Applies very easily. To date, I've been impressed with how long it lasts although I must confess, the longest I've worn it has been 4.5 hours. By night, I love this on my cheek with the Extra Dimension Skin Finish in Whipser of Gilt. I was pleasantly surprised to see another reviewer does the same! The two together make the skin glow a soft coral shade. Not really a shimmer, but a seemingly perfect glow.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan

HairBlack

8 years ago

Gosh, this is complete amazing-ness. It's an orange peach with reddish undertones, and I've noticed that the more you blend it into your skin; more of this gorgeous sheen appears. I have a medium olive skin and it really is absolute perfection, but apply it slowly--it's pigmented! I'm really bummed that it's limited edition, but I've never finished a blush so not too worried I'll ever be without. It's beautiful with a highlight, and lately I've been pairing this with the MAC Extra Dimension skinfinish in Whisper of Gilt--gorgeous combo.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

SkinDry, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Coarse

EyesBlack

8 years ago

A really wonderful, terrific, fantastic youtuber mailed this to me and I received the package yesterday. I've been making videos about drooling over this blush for weeks and I finally got it! Love, love, love. As with all MAC blushes, you only need to TAP your blush brush on it and blend it on the cheeks. Leaves a great flush of color and I'm extremely pleased with this blush! If only MAC products weren't so much damn money!!

About reviewer (230 reviews)

SkinDry, Dark, Warm