Paul Mitchell Extra-Body Daily Shampoo

2.9

Not tested on animals

Water, Sodium Myreth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamide MEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, Bisamino PEG/PPG 41/3 Aminoethyl PG Propyl Dimethicone, Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Lawsonia Inermis (Henna) Extract (Henna), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract (Jojoba), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract (Rosemary), PEG 12 Dimethicone, Panthenol, Bisamino PEG/PPG 41/3 Aminoethyl PG Propyl Dimethicone/Hedychium Coronarium (White Ginger Extract), PEG 12, Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Polyquaternium 44, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ) Oil (Wheat), Fragrance, Benzyl Benzoate

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This was the first time I tried a Paul Mitchell shampoo and I have to say that it was just alright. I loved that it was a cruelty-free product and it smelled really light and fresh. However, I disliked that even though this is a shampoo without sulfates, this just would take a LOT of product to make it foam even a little bit and it did not add any real volume to my hair ( I have fine long hair).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I do not understand the negative reviews. I used this the first time today and love it. hair looks fantastic and soft and fuller. I have oily hair and no greasyness at all! It is indeed a low later shampoo so I spent a little morer time massaging my scalp. My hair looks fantastic and the scent is mild

To Read all 54 Reviews, Login or Join

I thought Paul Mitchell was a quality product (and maybe it usually is...) Paul Mitchell's Extra-Body Daily Shampoo neither gave my hair extra body nor a good shampooing. It made my hair more Bella Lagosi than Betty Paige and made my hair so disgustingly greasy that I had to rewash it TWICE after spending 15 minutes blow drying it. Paul Mitchell's Extra-Body Daily Shampoo was an enormous waste of time and money. I have nothing good to say about this product and will not be purchasing Paul Mitchell products again.

I have thin baby hair, damaged by color. this shampoo gave them new life. They feel clean, light and voluminous. I don't need to wash them every day anymore. love this product and will try the whole line

You might as well use Crisco to wash your hair. After using this shampoo, my hair was a greasy mess that felt like i saturated it with grese and hair spray. Sticky, tangled, and weighed down. This product was given to me- if i had spent money on it, i would return it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm older with fine, wavy hair that, as happens over time, got wavier as I got older. This shampoo had a passable honeymoon period for me, with the matching conditioner. And then...the honeymoon was over. My hair managed to be greasy on top yet frizzy at the ends, while also being lank. Reducing the conditioner didn't help at all; shampooing with the greatest of care, the same. For some reason I felt determined to finish the bottle - I'll never do that again. Not recommended! Or at least try a small sample first.

I buy this repeatedly for my 14 yr old daughter. She has a long bob with fine hair, medium thickness. This makes her hair clean and bouncy. She also uses the coordinating conditioner. You can usually find sales on these

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I realize the extra-body line from PM is not for me, I haven't liked any of the products from that line except for the hairspray. I wanted a shampoo that would give me some body at the roots because my hair was falling out for a while from using Pantene shampoo so I thought this would help make my hair look better. My hair has a tendency to be dry so maybe it's partially my fault for using this since volumizing shampoos can be drying but this always makes my hair look like hay! It makes my ends look sooo dry, even with my favorite leave-in. Plus, it really doesn't add much volume to my hair, in fact, it just makes my hair feel a bit coated, not clean. Now that my hair has started to fill in again, I stopped using this since it wasn't making my hair look good anyway. Didn't even finish the bottle. Paul Mitchell's Shampoo One is a good one to try if you are interested in trying another PM shampoo.

I love this stuff and here's why: My hair has thinned considerably after having 2 kids and my beloved stylist recommended this, along with the Thicken Up Styling Liquid (awesome).

This shampoo cleanses my hair thoroughly without leaving it stripped and dry. I have tried the Pantene volumizing line (it strips my hair), the It's a 10 volumizing line (it's too heavy and weighs my hair down), Tresemme Volume Shampoo (also stripping), and I just go back to the PM every time. It has a great smell, does the job, and my hair always looks great. I recently moved to Texas and tried it out on an extra humid day (with the Thicken Up, too), and my hair was as full and great-looking at 5pm as it was at 7:30 that morning. The water in TX is also a little harder than the water in NJ, so I was finding my hair was drying out and I used the PM and it didn't feel as dry. I pair this with the Yes to Carrots Pampering conditioner (in the orange bottle).

This shampoo is a keeper!

I've used this for 2 days and this is what I think so far:

My limp hair is bouncy and shiny.
Not a ton of volume, but enough to lift my roots away from my head a little...I've learned that with my hair, I can't ask for much more lift than that.
It does lather well. Smells fine.

I'm using the conditioner with it. I can tell that my hair will be dry if I use it every day...so I think that every 3rd day or so I will use a conditioner that's a little heavier.

I will add to this review in a few days to see if I still like it.